Denver's 2004 1st Round Choice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AsianOrange
    Yea, that play was ugly...muse, did you get to see the games live in the uK?
    Some of them...this season we had:

Week 3 MNF vs Raiders (great game! Nothing like s***tting all over the raiders)

Week 6 vs Pittsburgh (ugly game and Gold tore his ACL. I don't want to see that again)

Week 8 vs Baltimore (Danny Kanell starts, Mobley almost gets killed...ugh...)

Week 9 MNF vs Patsies (Almost beating NE with a 3rd stringer was quite impressive. But we still lost )

Week 17 vs Fudge Packers (Should've shown Minnefloater vs Cardinals...)

And we get all the playoff games....they seemed to have picked all the wrong games this season...
    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Hate to say this Muse, but I almost hope you dont get to see any. 2-3 record and alotta hurtn.

Seriously, its great that you can watch over there.
      Would love to be in a pub with you chuggin the beers and rootin for a team half way to nowhere.
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
        Hate to say this Muse, but I almost hope you dont get to see any. 2-3 record and alotta hurtn.

Seriously, its great that you can watch over there.
        Would love to be in a pub with you chuggin the beers and rootin for a team half way to nowhere.
        And next season there's even more coverage...if Denver wins the superbowl I will get unbelieveably wasted.
        sigpic

Comment

what about Nick Ferguson?

Comment

D'Angelo Hall

If we're looking for someone to do it all, we can't go wrong with D'Angelo Hall, CB, Virginia Tech. This guy is everything O'Neal isn't. Great cover corner and great punt returner. He also has a knack for returning INT's for TDs and for blocking punts. He makes plays, period. In the Ed Reed mold. PLAYMAKER.

I like the TE's that are talked about in this thread, but if Shannon returns then I think we can wait on TE's, with Putzier and Carswell in the mix already. BTW, Winslow Jr. will be long gone before Denver would have a chance at drafting him.

We really do need a quality backup QB, obviously, but I'm not sure the draft is the place to find this guy. Do we want a rookie QB as our 2nd string QB?

Comment

Originally posted by SD-BlueCheese
              what about Nick Ferguson?
              Veteren that can teach the rookie some lessons

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
                [thinking to myself:]

"Man...maybe UF should start paying their players too..."
                bc1: Aren't they Miami players?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

D'Angelo HELL NO!

Cal lit him up for 52 points--in the AIR, with their WALK-ON WR's. All 3 of Cal's receiving corps were out with broken limbs.

150lb Walkon Vinny Strang, 7 catch on the season wonder Chase Lyman, and a 3rd String TE named Rust just destroyed VaTech's pass defense. I'll never forget watching a 5'7 148 lb walk-on senior step up and just take it to D'Angelo.

ALL of Cal's yardage was in the air (400 yards).

I was impressed with his hitting, but his cover skills leave much to be desired--MUCH like Deltha in college.

Deltha could pick or run back ANYTHING, but he still got burned gambling, and THAT is whats gonna KILL Hall in the NFL.

D'Angelo is the next Middlebrooks. He is fast.

That's about it.

I believe Cal scored 7 straight touchdowns, with almost all yardage coming in the air, and if Shanahan drafts hall in the first round (he won't), I'll want a new GM.
                  Last edited by SD-BlueCheese; 01-01-2004, 01:08 PM.

Comment

all we need to draft 1st round is a free safety with hands.
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                      all we need to draft 1st round is a free safety with hands.
                      I still think we should try McNeil at FS.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
                        [thinking to myself:]

"Man...maybe UF should start paying their players too..."

After what they showed today...maybe....maybe

Comment

This dude from Miami got FLATTENED by the Running Back for the Seminoles tonight. The RB just lowered his shoulder, ran over him, and the guy didn't even try to wrap up. Atwater my ass!!

Comment

I think they need to draft some new cheerleaders. Some of ours aren't that good looking... hehehe

Comment

Re: Denver's 2004 1st Round Choice....

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                              I think I'm going to retract my hope for Kellen Winslow Jr. from University of Miami and go with someone else...

I think the Denver Broncos should draft Sean Taylor, FS, Miami Hurricanes.

The guy is 6'3/225 and can hit.....he's also a playmaker. I think he would perfectly compliment Kenoy Kennedy!

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=1...003&nid=732705
                              that's the last thing we need is another Cane...I love Portis and all, but he does talk a lot for a Bronco...but Sean Taylor is overrated, he misses his coverage assignments all the time, and the INT's that he gets is thrown right to him, or in a lob pass..and he got ran over by Jones from FSU in the Orange Bowl...he can't hit..he gets ran over..
                              fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

My impressions...

The guys I'm impressed with this year come at the RB position--and we really don't need 'em. Stephen Jackson at OSU set a bowl record w/ 5 TD's, and this guys been doing it all year. Jones from VaTech makes it look like he's running against highschoolers with every outing. I guess we need some depth at LB. Spragen and Sykes have stepped up though. It depends on how Gold's recovery and contract are going. And if we get Al.

I like the idea of trying McNeil at FS, cause we don't need him at corner. We have Nick Ferguson who I am impressed with as our starting safety, Kennoy I love, Walls and Herndon are now the real deal too.
                                I think we need to get a stud TE and maybe another lineman as we need depth there w/ injuries and all. Don't know when OL Mark Wilson from Cal is going, but I've watched him play all year and think he's quick enough to play in the NFL, and has the right attitude and build to be a bronco. I've heard rumors he'll be late first round, so he may be a good fit.

Troupe did nothing to impress, KW2 is an attitude and a half, but I wouldn't hate having him.

Comment

Working...
                                X