Denver's 2004 1st Round Choice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perry1977
    This dude from Miami got FLATTENED by the Running Back for the Seminoles tonight. The RB just lowered his shoulder, ran over him, and the guy didn't even try to wrap up. Atwater my ass!!
    There is no shame in getting run over by Greg Jones....believe me, Taylor can hit.
    Originally posted by boltzpride619
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

I say trade our first round draft to the skins and give champ bailey enough money to become a bronco.

Comment

While I wouldn't complain about going after a Champ Bailey, Walls is a first year starter and it just seems to me that drastic improvements are made in the second year for CBs, hopefully he learns to catch a little better. I'm not really too disappointed in what Herndon has done either, I don't really recall him being dominated by any receivers this year either. At first I definately thought CB but I think safety would be a good choice to draft, but Sean Taylor will not be around when we pick and I don't want to trade up for him as I feel he is overrated. We definately need to start grooming a center for when Nalen retires down the road, may not be a bad time to draft one (middle rounds).

Comment

Yeah i was wondering about going after a free agent CB in offseason. the more i think about it, the more it sonds stupid. Champ Bailey or Charles Woodson have both been solid, but nothing spectacular. I seen woodson get burned a few times this year and i seen champ shy away from tackles at the goal line. They wouldnt be worth prize free agent money. We should draft a CB to develop cause both Herndon and Walls deserve to be starters. At free safety, i like the idea of trying mcneil, cause he has some cover skills being a former corner and all. if he doesnt work out we always have sam brandon, who is OK enough. Contrary to everybodys belief, WE DO NOT NEED A STUD TE. I could see drafting one in the latter rounds, but we should NOT go after the Winslow's or Coupe's. I dont know how people could want to draft a 1st round TE (who would demand a decent wad-o-cash) and automatically put him ahead of Carswell and Putzier on the depth chart. which has put thier time in for Shanny? You want to replace Sharpe with a rookie? c'mon guys. we ave bigger problems to worry about. Like WR for our future. who do we have? Charlie Adams looks too skinny and cant catch yet. lelie and madise are two on the rise, but they are still young and inexperienced. herb haygood and frank rice were cut, so they MIGHT not be availiable for us. but we need to develop a O-lineman guard or center, just in case. Our depth at LB is set, we already have 7. our D-line is set. Our CB's are kinda thin, with middlebrooks not being able to get over his inuries, Spencer getting older, Oneal switching to WR, and Mcneil trying at safety. Who do we have? thats where we should draft cause bringing in a free agent CB isnt worth the money when we can find hidden gems for way cheap like we did with walls/herndon.

So it should go something like this

1st - WR
          2nd - FS/CB
          3rd - QB (behind JJ - work like hell to imrove his accuracy. change his mechanics if you have to)
          4th - TE/OL
          5th - OL/TE (whichever we didnt pick)
          6th - WR
          7th - CB
          Last edited by Return of Lava; 01-03-2004, 09:38 AM.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Lava: You gotta remember this is Herdon and Wall's first year as starters! So I bet by next season, they are going to be more experiensed and wiser...I think that's the way to go!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
              Lava: You gotta remember this is Herdon and Wall's first year as starters! So I bet by next season, they are going to be more experiensed and wiser...I think that's the way to go!
              your right i am not looking to replace them as starters, but who do they have as nickel/dime? middlebrooks? spencer? mcneil? oneal? we should train a solid rookie for backup CB positions
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Yea...when the heck will Middlebrook show up? Man, talk about a first round WASTE!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                  Yea...when the heck will Middlebrook show up? Man, talk about a first round WASTE!
                  yeah he WAS promising when he got here running 4.2 and all, but inujuries slowed him down a lot. and i dont know if he will get it back. I still like him in special teams though.

all our starters shudl be back and for those who retire, we have adequate backup already. Rookies are just for development

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Okay, here's another idea.....Roy Williams of Texas is probably the biggest wide receiver available right now. With Gold and Wilson both free agents after next year, do we look at packaging one of them with a #1 pick to trade up in order to grab Williams, Winslow, or maybe even someone like Josh Buher of K-State (who led the country in tackles among linebackers and at 210 has the size and speed to make the transition to safety.) Don't know if I like any of these options or not; just musing.........

Comment

Originally posted by broncoforlife
                      Okay, here's another idea.....Roy Williams of Texas is probably the biggest wide receiver available right now. With Gold and Wilson both free agents after next year, do we look at packaging one of them with a #1 pick to trade up in order to grab Williams, Winslow, or maybe even someone like Josh Buher of K-State (who led the country in tackles among linebackers and at 210 has the size and speed to make the transition to safety.) Don't know if I like any of these options or not; just musing.........
                      HELL NO! we keep all the players we have. we dont need a neccessarily good rookie now, but a decent one whom we can develop. we dont need any starting rookie WR now, we still have rod smith and ed mccaffrey and lelie. i'm talking about rookies for developing not, starting.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

BAP

Either a DE or DT, and if no quality first round good ones remain, then the Best Available Player(BAP).

Comment

Re: BAP

Originally posted by O&B_Forever
                          Either a DE or DT, and if no quality first round good ones remain, then the Best Available Player(BAP).
                          im sorry, did you say you wanted to draft a DT or DE? you dont think we have enough, especially with mcneal and eason coming back? anyway, i think it is more important to draft the position we need the most instead of the B.A.P. in the draft. we pretty much have evey position set for next year but we need to draft for FUTURE replacements in the next 3-5 years. a good time frame for development.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

by that reasoning we need a linebacker to help with leverage when negotiating with Gold. Terry Pierce was drafted with Wilson in mind, so I see us going that way. With Lelie, Cole, Madise, and O'neal up and coming I don't see a need for WR.

Comment

Originally posted by O&B_Forever
                              by that reasoning we need a linebacker to help with leverage when negotiating with Gold. Terry Pierce was drafted with Wilson in mind, so I see us going that way. With Lelie, Cole, Madise, and O'neal up and coming I don't see a need for WR.
                              We need to save all our money to pay Gold and Wilson and Portis, another reason NOT to draft a stud rookie for a position we wont need until a couple years. Our LB's deserve to be brocnos . I doubt they will ask for ridiculous contract, but just in case, we already have pierce and spragan and sykes and Quentin Griffin to fill in. Hope fully it doesnt come to that, but it is a business. we shold draft rather average players and DEVELOP them into stars. Concentrate on keepingthe team we have now, in tact.

as far as Oneal, madise, cole and lelie, they ALL are inexperienced. Cole Oneal and Madise on the rise? they probably dont even have 5 catches between them. Cole is just a kick returner with blazing speed, but he cant run a route for anythig. madise might develop into something special, but still we have nobody behind him. oneal is not seasoned enough to be a reliable WR.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

plus cole is a FA after this year n i dont c o'neal w/ denver next year hes wayyyyy back in shanny's doghouse...

Comment

Working...
                                X