Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quentin Griffin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by dhall26
    never saw the NFL today or Inside the NFL!!
    Never saw EA sports playmaker commercials, Budwiser Hot seats or that commercial with Dante Culpepper and Chad Pennington Poris was in all those. Priest was not.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

    I tried to warn ya.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by AsianOrange
      oh yea....you know...I used to love watching pre-game shows...then it start getting really repetitive....

      But that's cool. Priest Holmes is top 10 in my books.
      And Asian don't get me wrong, Portie is in my top 5 I think he's a damn good back, but I think he needs to calm down, he's not fully where he can be just yet. I'd say he has a chance to be the best in the NFL if he wants to. And he's been on pre game shows and other stuff, just not as much as Priest!
      [QUOTE]
      If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991


      The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Return of Lava
        Never saw EA sports playmaker commercials, Budwiser Hot seats or that commercial with Dante Culpepper and Chad Pennington Poris was in all those. Priest was not.
        I saw that Portis one with dan patrick....it was funny because he was interviewed after the Raider game I


        Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

        2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by dhall26
          And Asian don't get me wrong, Portie is in my top 5 I think he's a damn good back, but I think he needs to calm down, he's not fully where he can be just yet. I'd say he has a chance to be the best in the NFL if he wants to. And he's been on pre game shows and other stuff, just not as much as Priest!
          [QUOTE]
          If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991


          The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by dhall26
            Yeah, well at least he has records now to back that up!! Clinton can wear as many belts as we wants but until he becomes prime time and gets interviews and front tv spots on Inside the Nfl and other shows, then he can just sit down!!!
            Originally posted by Return of Lava
            Never saw EA sports playmaker commercials, Budwiser Hot seats or that commercial with Dante Culpepper and Chad Pennington Portis was in all those. Priest was not.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

            I tried to warn ya.

            Comment


            • #81
              Now this is funny...I'm listening to the Dan patrick Show on ESPN Radio and guess what? Priest Holmes is going to be on here in 5 minutes...


              Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

              2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by AsianOrange
                Now this is funny...I'm listening to the Dan patrick Show on ESPN Radio and guess what? Priest Holmes is going to be on here in 5 minutes...
                he just said Portis is the best RB right now? What thuh?


                Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

                2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: Quentin Griffin

                  Originally posted by Return of Lava
                  Do you think he would do well as a starter? I do, i mean why not? For those who think he is too small, Griffin has about 50 carries in two games, and hasnt even shown effects of being hurt, i know its two games, but who are we to tell him he cant last? I liked him even though he had a bad game, he still averaged over 3.0 against the GB with no passing game and no starters hardly.
                  I wouldn't call that a bad game. 74 yards without Plummer in there is a good number. In 2 games he gained 210 yards. I think if they handed it to him a few more times he would've broke 100 easy. With the moves he has we need to start calling him "Baby Sanders". CP better hope he doesn't go down or he will be fighting for his job. When QG got to start earlier in the year he was coming off a injury so we weren't seeing him at his best. Now that his leg isn't bothering him anymore you get to see what he can really do. Once QG learns to take the cut-back lanes better he'll do just as good as CP.

                  I think it's kind of funny. I do believe Clinton Portis was having problems with his contract before the season started and decided not to hold out and QG was the reason why. No runningbacks for the Broncos have any kind of leverage under Shanahan's system. MA knows and thats why he's at fullback.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                    I agree that he sure did look good on turf, but I'm not sold completely on him yet. I'd have to see him play at least a half season before I'd throw unwarranted kudos to him.

                    I sure would have liked to see him catch that pass in the flat yesterday. He didn't have a defender any where near him and would've busted out some good yardage I bet.

                    I did find it interesting that the announcers yesterday were comparing him to Barry Sanders. Kind of disrespectful to Sanders imho, but then again... I don't get paid the big $$$ to travel and watch football games. Maybe they see something I didn't.

                    Nuff said...
                    I guess nobody saw that spin move he put on one defender and juke he put on the next one and he got the first down. Then Shanahan declined the defensive penalty on that play. QG was hurt earlier in the season thats why he didn't look too hot. CP knows if he doesn't keep healthy QG is waiting in the wings.

                    With those kind of moves we should start calling QG "Baby Sanders" and I don't think it's disrespectful. I do believe Sanders stop playing when he could've easily been the top runningback of all-time and let Emmitt Smith take the title. If Sanders didn't want to be disrespected he should of kept playing the game and taking his rightful place on the top.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Bet

                      AsianOrange, I feel cheated. You knew before the game that there would be no passing game which would put all the pressure on the run game didnt you? Yes, you must have an insider hehe. Oh well, Griffin still got 74 yards on 21 carries. Doesnt mean I am going to roll over and quit my case 3.7 ypc is not bad. If he would have gotten 28 carries again he would have gotten the 100. The fourth quarter he didnt even see any action because they were testing Sapp. Good thing the National Championship doesnt fall within the (week) bet we made, hehe.
                      I'm out................

                      PS By the way, Griffin is a rookie and has the same ypc as Mike Anderson.
                      Last edited by OklahomaSooners; 12-30-2003, 11:43 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        *Quentin*

                        Aww, Quentin is so wonderful! Ahh.....
                        Jeremiah 29:11
                        BOOMER SOONER!!

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Quentin

                          Go Quentin Go!
                          Jeremiah 29:11
                          BOOMER SOONER!!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Re: Bet

                            Originally posted by OklahomaSooners
                            AsianOrange, I feel cheated. You knew before the game that there would be no passing game which would put all the pressure on the run game didnt you? Yes, you must have an insider hehe. Oh well, Griffin still got 74 yards on 21 carries. Doesnt mean I am going to roll over and quit my case 3.7 ypc is not bad. If he would have gotten 28 carries again he would have gotten the 100. The fourth quarter he didnt even see any action because they were testing Sapp. Good thing the National Championship doesnt fall within the (week) bet we made, hehe.
                            I'm out................

                            PS By the way, Griffin is a rookie and has the same ypc as Mike Anderson.
                            not to mention 2 of our starting offensive linemen didn't play...AsianOrange, you can't rely on the game against the Packers to determine how good Griffin is...you've actually gotta watch the game...Portis versus Griffin..Portis is quick, he hits the hole and out runs people...Griffin has great moves, he hits the hole and then makes 3-4 guys miss one on one...against the packers it was Griffin on 3-4 guys at once...you can't make all of them miss at the same time...

                            Good Luck OK-U..prove why you belong..
                            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Quentin

                              Go Q!!
                              Jeremiah 29:11
                              BOOMER SOONER!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X