Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Official Message Board of the Denver Broncos!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OrangestJuice View Post
    Howdy Broncos Country! I've hovered around the blogs and message boards for awhile now and finally decided to join in on the conversation.

A little about me: I'm super blessed to live only 3 miles from Mile High, which I bike past on my way to work everyday. So many awesome and heart breaking memories going to games with my family! Proud to say I've never left a game where I could barely talk and walk from all the screaming and stomping, haha. Spent my childhood growing up a Broncos fan watching Elway, TD, and Sharpe kicking butt in the late 90's. Been a die hard fan ever since!

Anyways, super excited to have Elway and Kubiak running the ship and can't wait to see what this season holds for us!

A blated WELCOME ABOARD! Hope you are here for a long time.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by OldManGravzUK View Post
      Hey all. Just a little about myself to say hello: I'm from Middlesbrough (North East England) and stumbled upon this forum as I don't really know any other Broncos fans. I started following the Broncos when I worked in a bookmakers a few years ago and used to back a different team to win the Superbowl every year, watching a few games as I went. In 2012 I backed Denver and started watching games more regularly after I found some mates who also followed NFL (Jets and Texans fans, unlucky for them! ). I was hooked, well and truly.

I'm also a massive fan and season ticket holder of Middlesbrough, my local football team (soccer), and a complete and utter audiophile.

I can hold a conversation with the average Brit about American Football but I may be a bit confused about some of the terms used and different names of plays and stuff so please bear with me! I've even taken to playing Madden to enhance my knowledge haha.

Never been to a Broncos game yet but I'm determined to get myself there in the next few years and partake in the atmosphere, tailgates and all!

Thanks for reading, and sorry for going on so much!

Gravz.
      WELCOME ABOARD MATE! Glad to see you and hope you are around for a long time. Hang out on around here long enough and I'll bet there won't be a term you don't know. Here is to having you aboard
      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Not a noob, but been away so long that I was surprised that I actually remembered my PW for this account. Looking forward to meeting everyone again for the first time.
        Last edited by Grandpa; 10-10-2015, 06:31 AM.
        --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
          Not a noob, but been away so long that I was surprised that I actually remembered my PW for this account. Looking forward to meeting everyone again for the first time.
          Good to have you back.

Administrator
          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            Good to have you back.
            Thanks. A lot of water under the bridge since last I wandered in .... got a new son-in-law, a granddaughter, a grandson, kicked prostate cancer's butt, and getting ready to fight two aorta aneurysms (one thoracic, one abdominal). Man, if I knew getting old was going to be like this, I would have opted to stay younger a lot longer!

Good to be back, though. Tried following the team from afar, but here in central Florida we get Dolphins, Jags, and Bucs games. The only time I see the Broncos is if they're playing one of the FL teams, or the damn cable provider runs out of OTHER games to show and puts up the Broncos game. Fortunately, I will get to see us stomp Chokeland at Mile High Stadium (West) Sunday evening .... well, evening EDT.

Comment

Not a noob, but been away so long that I was surprised that I actually remembered my PW for this account. Looking forward to meeting everyone again for the first time.
              Wow 2004 join date.

Welcome back to BC. Enjoy your stay here!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                Wow 2004 join date.

Welcome back to BC. Enjoy your stay here!
                Thanks ... although in spirit, I never left.

Comment

Thanks. A lot of water under the bridge since last I wandered in .... got a new son-in-law, a granddaughter, a grandson, kicked prostate cancer's butt, and getting ready to fight two aorta aneurysms (one thoracic, one abdominal). Man, if I knew getting old was going to be like this, I would have opted to stay younger a lot longer!

Good to be back, though. Tried following the team from afar, but here in central Florida we get Dolphins, Jags, and Bucs games. The only time I see the Broncos is if they're playing one of the FL teams, or the damn cable provider runs out of OTHER games to show and puts up the Broncos game. Fortunately, I will get to see us stomp Chokeland at Mile High Stadium (West) Sunday evening .... well, evening EDT.

Wow. You've been through a lot.

As a person who has lost family and friends to cancer, I love seeing a cancer survivor.

Check out the rest of the MB. Lots of good debates going.
                  Administrator
                  sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    Wow. You've been through a lot.

As a person who has lost family and friends to cancer, I love seeing a cancer survivor.

Check out the rest of the MB. Lots of good debates going.
                    Doing that already. Let me let you in on a little secret -- if I've managed to stay a Broncos fan for 55 years, considering all that I've gone through with the organization during that time, cancer and couple of pesky aneurysms don't stand much of a chance of beating me down. It's already been tried by professionals .... and failed.

Comment

Welcome Back! Stay healthy, sounds like you gotta lot of fight in you to beat cancer!
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                        Welcome Back! Stay healthy, sounds like you gotta lot of fight in you to beat cancer!
                        Thank you. Fighting isn't a guaranteed win; but quitting is a guaranteed loss. I never learned how to quit. Cancer was discovered in 2013 when my PSA came back 5.72, and got a 5.22 on a follow-up test. Did the radiated seed implants (104 to surround two malignancies). Latest PSA, 18 months after the surgery, is 1.26; I'm officially a cancer survivor, trying to make it to the 5-yr milestone.

Comment

• Guess I should have posted in this thread before the other two. Long-time lurker, recent joiner to this site. Lifetime (47 years) Bronco fan.

Been a fan of #18 as well, since a Monday night game 8-10 years ago when he brought the Colts back to win in the 4th quarter from a 3TD deficit. Don't remember the team they were playing against, but I became a Manning fan that day and the day he signed with the Broncos I got to dump my solitary Colts t-shirt and be strictly a Broncos fan. He's struggled this year and like many, I thought he should have retired at the end of last year. But the Packers game reinvigorated my faith in him and I feel better about him going-out on a high note this year. I will say that I think no matter how strong we finish... he really should hang it up after this season. I worry that he's doing a lot of permanent damage to himself, or at least risks doing so.

I proposed to my wife on the Broncos scoreboard in October of 2006, when Jake the Snake lead us to a win against the Raiders. That's one of only two games that I've attended, since we live way up here in Billings, Montana. The last one we went to was a couple of years ago on a Sunday afternoon when we beat the Chargers. We wanted to see Peyton play at least once before he retires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
                            Guess I should have posted in this thread before the other two. Long-time lurker, recent joiner to this site. Lifetime (47 years) Bronco fan.

Been a fan of #18 as well, since a Monday night game 8-10 years ago when he brought the Colts back to win in the 4th quarter from a 3TD deficit. Don't remember the team they were playing against, but I became a Manning fan that day and the day he signed with the Broncos I got to dump my solitary Colts t-shirt and be strictly a Broncos fan. He's struggled this year and like many, I thought he should have retired at the end of last year. But the Packers game reinvigorated my faith in him and I feel better about him going-out on a high note this year. I will say that I think no matter how strong we finish... he really should hang it up after this season. I worry that he's doing a lot of permanent damage to himself, or at least risks doing so.

I proposed to my wife on the Broncos scoreboard in October of 2006, when Jake the Snake lead us to a win against the Raiders. That's one of only two games that I've attended, since we live way up here in Billings, Montana. The last one we went to was a couple of years ago on a Sunday afternoon when we beat the Chargers. We wanted to see Peyton play at least once before he retires.
                            Welcome to BCMB! Well I hope you get a chance to go this year just to be safe.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
                              Guess I should have posted in this thread before the other two. Long-time lurker, recent joiner to this site. Lifetime (47 years) Bronco fan.

Welcome back! (Yeah, go ahead; you can sing that in John Sebastian's voice.)

Comment

• Hi Broncos country. I've lurked around these boards for several years now and I wanted to be a part of the community.
                                I now live in the Gray frosty north (Battle Creek MI), but I was raised in south west Colorado (Durango), moved to the metro area for high school (Cheery Creek) and lived and worked most of my life either in the metro Denver area or at least on the front range and east slope.
                                I Served in the US Cavalry at Fort Carson Colorado so I was luck even then. I've been a Broncos fan for as long as I can remember, but hesitated to sign up for the last few years because of all of the suspicion over join dates and band wagon fans. Anyway I'm very happy to be here now and how to contribute where I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X