Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Official Message Board of the Denver Broncos!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just found this forum and am really happy to be here! A Bronco fan since '84, I actually grew up in the 60's and became a Vikings fan as a kid because they played in the rain, mud, and snow and had a cool nickname - The Purple People Eaters. When they moved to that awful dome in '82 I tried to keep rooting for them but I hate dome stadiums and I just couldn't do it. In '84 I decided it was time to put my loyalty behind a new team and they had to have 3 things:

1) Brightly colored uniforms
    2) A natural grass stadium
    3) They had to play in the snow

Early October 1984 I turned the tv on to watch the Packers-Broncos Monday night game at Mile High. The second I saw the total white-out blizzard I knew I had found my team. I've been a Bronco fan ever since. It's been a wild ride with many ups and downs but my favorite Bronco moment was when I went to Candlestick Park October 1988 and saw Elway and my Broncos beat the 49ers in OT on a Rich Karlis field goal. I was sitting 40 rows up from the end zone where Elway threw a TD to "The Vance" and where Karlis kicked the winning field goal while 49er fans were throwing golf balls at him to try and get revenge for our famous snow ball victory over them at Mile High in '85. I was the only Bronco fan I saw wearing orange all day and I put up with a ton of junk from the so-called "49er faithful" but it was worth it!

These days I live in Washington state about an hour south of Seattle so last years Super Bowl wasn't any fun at all but I have a strong feeling we're going to take it all this year no matter who we line up against. I hope it's the 49ers or Seahawks so we can avenge our worst SB losses and put things right. Go Broncos!
    Last edited by Dennis.1960; 11-15-2014, 03:00 PM.
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
      Just found this forum and am really happy to be here! A Bronco fan since '84, I actually grew up in the 60's and became a Vikings fan as a kid because they played in the rain, mud, and snow and had a cool nickname - The Purple People Eaters. When they moved to that awful dome in '82 I tried to keep rooting for them but I hate dome stadiums and I just couldn't do it. In '84 I decided it was time to put my loyalty behind a new team and they had to have 3 things:

Early October 1984 I turned the tv on to watch the Packers-Broncos Monday night game at Mile High. The second I saw the total white-out blizzard I knew I had found my team. I've been a Bronco fan ever since. It's been a wild ride with many ups and downs but my favorite Bronco moment was when I went to Candlestick Park October 1988 and saw Elway and my Broncos beat the 49ers in OT on a Rich Karlis field goal. I was sitting 40 rows up from the end zone where Elway threw a TD to "The Vance" and where Karlis kicked the winning field goal while 49er fans were throwing golf balls at him to try and get revenge for our famous snow ball victory over them at Mile High in '85. I was the only Bronco fan I saw wearing orange all day and I put up with a ton of junk from the so-called "49er faithful" but it was worth it!

These days I live in Washington state about an hour south of Seattle so last years Super Bowl wasn't any fun at all but I have a strong feeling we're going to take it all this year no matter who we line up against. I hope it's the 49ers or Seahawks so we can avenge our worst SB losses and put things right. Go Broncos!
      Welcome Dennis, glad to have you. Unlike you, I want nothing to do with Seattle. Sorry, I just don't feel we match up well against them.
      Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-15-2014, 03:28 PM.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
        Just found this forum and am really happy to be here! A Bronco fan since '84, I actually grew up in the 60's and became a Vikings fan as a kid because they played in the rain, mud, and snow and had a cool nickname - The Purple People Eaters. When they moved to that awful dome in '82 I tried to keep rooting for them but I hate dome stadiums and I just couldn't do it. In '84 I decided it was time to put my loyalty behind a new team and they had to have 3 things:

Yes... welcome aboard!!!
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          Welcome Dennis, glad to have you. Unlike you, I want nothing to do with Seattle. Sorry, I just don't feel we match up well against them.
          I hear you, but living near Seattle I get constant news about their every little move and I can tell you this is not last years SB team. The attitude is desperate, the close wins aren't coming, Wilson is not throwing well (though he is making up for some of that with outstanding running), Percy Harvin's speed is gone, teams are regularly throwing at Richard Sherman, a boatload of injuries, and the locker room is missing many key contributors from last year. They could still pull it together and win the NFC West (if Arizona crashes), but this is not the team that embarrassed us in last years SB
          "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
          PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
          LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

• Hi all.

I'm new but not new. Years back, I spent a fair bit of time on here until my first child arrived. Three kids later and I'm back.

Was born in Logan, Utah and fell in love with the Broncos as I watched them get their collective butts handed to them in the Superbowls (at that age, Superbowl parties were my only real contact with football). Moved to Canada when I was ten. Since Sunday Ticket, haven't missed a Broncos snap. Suffered through the Tebow days and was lucky enough to experience the greatest qb upgrade in the history of football.

I'm back not necessarily because I have time to be, but because my brother and I are headed to Denver for our first game live this weekend. If we can talk our wives into it, the beginning of an annual pilgramage.

Back in the day, I remember really appreciating how respectful people tended to be here. Looks like it's still more of the same.

Loving CJ Anderson - gotta love the third-stringer coming on strong. Love his attitude, love how understated and humble he is. That's my kind of player.

Go Donkeys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Olivier View Post
              Hi all.

I'm new but not new. Years back, I spent a fair bit of time on here until my first child arrived. Three kids later and I'm back.

Was born in Logan, Utah and fell in love with the Broncos as I watched them get their collective butts handed to them in the Superbowls (at that age, Superbowl parties were my only real contact with football). Moved to Canada when I was ten. Since Sunday Ticket, haven't missed a Broncos snap. Suffered through the Tebow days and was lucky enough to experience the greatest qb upgrade in the history of football.

I'm back not necessarily because I have time to be, but because my brother and I are headed to Denver for our first game live this weekend. If we can talk our wives into it, the beginning of an annual pilgramage.

Back in the day, I remember really appreciating how respectful people tended to be here. Looks like it's still more of the same.

Loving CJ Anderson - gotta love the third-stringer coming on strong. Love his attitude, love how understated and humble he is. That's my kind of player.

Go Donkeys!
              Welcome!!! Check your PM.

Comment

• Welcome Oliver--DANG GOOD TO HEAR YOU
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Hi guys,

I am also new but not new. 22 from London. The first ever shirt I got bought was a 16 Jake Plummer from about 2005. I've been hooked ever since!

I'm hoping one day soon to get out to mile high stadium. Hopefully within the next year or so!

Up the broncos!

SELondonBronco

Comment

• Originally posted by SELondonBronco View Post
                    Hi guys,

I am also new but not new. 22 from London. The first ever shirt I got bought was a 16 Jake Plummer from about 2005. I've been hooked ever since!

I'm hoping one day soon to get out to mile high stadium. Hopefully within the next year or so!

Up the broncos!

SELondonBronco
                    Hey SEL,

Welcome to Broncos Country, which is an international domain.

Enjoy the community. We look forward to your contributions.

Comment

• hi i am new here i am from Italy .....go Broncos ....

Comment

• Originally posted by maxricks View Post
                        hi i am new here i am from Italy .....go Broncos ....
                        Welcome aboard! Glad to have ya!!!

Comment

• Introduction

Good day to everyone! I’m Rue and I’m a frequent visitor of this forum. I finally decided to sign up and join the fun. Looking forward to learn from all of you here

*** Please feel free to remove this if I put it in a wrong thread :thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by quickon View Post
                            Good day to everyone! I’m Rue and I’m a frequent visitor of this forum. I finally decided to sign up and join the fun. Looking forward to learn from all of you here

*** Please feel free to remove this if I put it in a wrong thread :thumb:
                            Welcome aboard!!!!!!! Glad to have ya!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                              Welcome aboard!!!!!!! Glad to have ya!!!
                              Hey, thanks for welcoming me

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm 26 from Adelaide, Australia been a huge fan ever since I was a 7 year old in 1996 through a series of events ended up supporting Denver (best decision made). Now I've converted my wife to a Broncos fan too and starting to show my 18 month old daughter football games so she grows up a huge fan too (start them young). Me and my wife will be in the mile high city in December and be at a game can't wait!! Let's go Broncos!

Comment

Working...
                                X