Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmine
    replied
    Donnie Edwards has alot of tackles and last year he had something like five interceptions. Derrick Brooks didnt have quite as many tackles mainly because of Tampa's kickass Defensive line stopping the run before the LB's. Derrick Brooks had five interceptions just like Edwards, but rushed for over 200 yards and returned a number of Interceptions for touchdowns several times last year. Brooks has always been consistant thru out his 8 years or so in the NFL. He makes everyone around him a better player. He gets my vote as #1 LB.

Leave a comment:

• KCLadyFan
    replied
    Lets not forget #58....Derrick Thomas....who played for Kansas
    City.The Chiefs really lost a good one when he passed away.That was a heartbreaker for the team and the fans....

Leave a comment:

• Speed Demon #26
    replied
    Originally posted by Almost Heaven
    the best backer in football resides in chicago and wear the all to famous #54, i rem. some mock drafts his rookie year that had him predicted to be a bronco, boy i wish that would have happened
    I think we've faired alright with our #56!! He is a freakin' animal!!

Leave a comment:

• Almost Heaven
    replied
    the best backer in football resides in chicago and wear the all to famous #54, i rem. some mock drafts his rookie year that had him predicted to be a bronco, boy i wish that would have happened

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied
    I love al wilson and Ian gold...

As a collective group the broncos have one of the best linebacking groups in the game barring injury. Yet when you talk about ray lewis and zack thomas and players like that your not talking about best linebacker your talking about best DEFENSIVE player in the league. Al wilson is a nasty hitter and ian gold is probably one of the few LBs that can cover speedy recievers and mobley is in on almost every play. Yet when the game is on the line ray lewis seems to come up big and changes the game. Forget what he did outside of the field that doesn't reflect his talent don't ignore the obvious.

Leave a comment:

• Speed Demon #26
    replied
    #52?

What is up??!! Am I the only major fan of Ian Gold here? He is just as good as Big Al!

Leave a comment:

• Speed Demon #26
    replied
    Re: Re: Katzenmoyer

Originally posted by Jared
    It was a neck or vertabrae injury, which pretty much means your career is over.

very similar to the one that Sterling Sharpe had.
    Also similar to Daryl "Moose" Johnston, the once great FB for the Cowboys

Leave a comment:

• TD30
    replied
    Re: No love for #56?

Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
    I can not even believe that no one even mentioned Al Wilson...
    All Big Al needs is to be in the NFL for a few more years, and if he continues to play at the same high level, he will be the GREATEST LB EVER !!!

Leave a comment:

• ozzy_osbourne
    replied
    No love for #56?

Leave a comment:

• ozzy_osbourne
    replied
    No love for #56?

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Re: Katzenmoyer

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
    I think Andy Katzenmoyer had three rather pedestrian years with the Patriots before finally being released in 2001 or 2002 offeseason. I think he had some sort of a back injury.
    It was a neck or vertabrae injury, which pretty much means your career is over.

very similar to the one that Sterling Sharpe had.

Leave a comment:

• TD30
    replied
    Re: WOW don't do that.....

Originally posted by bklynbronco
    Don't discredit Ray lewis like that. As much as i hated that baltimore keeps beating us there are not too may play makers like ray lewis in the league. Complete linbackers can stop the run and cover on pass downs. Great players are always around the ball and he is the best at that. To say he had great supporting cast is like saying Lawrence Taylor wasn't so good because he had Harry carson, Gary reasons and carl banks on his team. LT was the greatest LB ever and ray lewis is great because just like LT,offenses have to adjust to him. I very rarely hear offenses adjusting to Donnie edwards be for real. Zack Thomas is another good linebacker who you can't discredit because the dolphins have a great defense. He's better than donnie edwards because his impact to the game changes momentum in a game. That's not to say donnie isn't good but he's not the best LB in Football right now.
    Hey BB- I stand corrected, forgot about LT.

Leave a comment:

• ReasonableChief
    replied
    Katzenmoyer

Originally posted by pikman

Hey whatever happened to the Katzenmoyer kid. Wasn't he from Ohio St. or something i thought he was gonna be the next great thing.

I think Andy Katzenmoyer had three rather pedestrian years with the Patriots before finally being released in 2001 or 2002 offeseason. I think he had some sort of a back injury.

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied
    WOW don't do that.....

Don't discredit Ray lewis like that. As much as i hated that baltimore keeps beating us there are not too may play makers like ray lewis in the league. Complete linbackers can stop the run and cover on pass downs. Great players are always around the ball and he is the best at that. To say he had great supporting cast is like saying Lawrence Taylor wasn't so good because he had Harry carson, Gary reasons and carl banks on his team. LT was the greatest LB ever and ray lewis is great because just like LT,offenses have to adjust to him. I very rarely hear offenses adjusting to Donnie edwards be for real. Zack Thomas is another good linebacker who you can't discredit because the dolphins have a great defense. He's better than donnie edwards because his impact to the game changes momentum in a game. That's not to say donnie isn't good but he's not the best LB in Football right now.

Leave a comment:

• TD30
    replied
    Romo is the best! Kidding... Ray Lewis, as much as it hurts to say.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X