No Gimme this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Gimme this weekend

Here's something to think about when your Broncs come into Coltsville this week.

We've seen you at your best. Have you seen us at our best?
    2003 NFL MVP--- MR. PEYTON MANNING

Re: No Gimme this weekend

Originally posted by flynhorse
    Here's something to think about when your Broncs come into Coltsville this week.

We've seen you at your best. Have you seen us at our best?
    Portis wasn't playing two weeks ago. That's not our best. Good try, though...
    Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Re: Re: No Gimme this weekend

Originally posted by Pierce
      Portis wasn't playing two weeks ago. That's not our best. Good try, though...
      Okay, put Portis in, do you really think your Broncs play a better game?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: No Gimme this weekend

Umm yeah! Have you ever seen the broncos play with Portis. It's a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: No Gimme this weekend

You must not watch the Broncos play very much, otherwise you wouldnt have said something so idiotic
          "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

Comment

The NFL is all about match-ups. I like how we match up to the Colts. The Colts will make adjustments and it will be a good game.

NO GAME IN THE PLAYOFFS IS A GIMME!!!!!!

By the way, even if we haven't seen Indy's best, it'd better be a hell of a lot better than what we saw two weeks ago or it won't matter.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: No Gimme this weekend

Originally posted by Denver#1
              You must not watch the Broncos play very much, otherwise you wouldnt have said something so idiotic
              I've seen Portis play, darn good player, but he doesn't rush for more yards than you guys got that game. Besides don't sell your rookie Q short, he played a great game. Had me shaken my head thinking I was seeing Barry Sanders in a Broncs uni out there. I've watched the game several times, maybe you should try and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

//Not NolanSmith//

I've watched the Colts since they played the Patriots and lost. I don't know what the Colt's best is, but there are problems with the offense, not to mention defense. Manning under pressure is not a pretty sight. But Marvin Harrison and Vanderjagt have been consistently great.

The Dec 21 meeting was the Broncos at their best. Previously, the Broncos have had trouble catching the ball, and the passing game wasn't looking all that sharp. I don't know if the drive of Dec 14 was the turning point for the Broncos, but things have been looking better.

It would've been nice to see if the passing game is still "hot". But we're just going to have to wait for the playoffs. The Broncos will most likely win barring the hand of misfortune, the question is by how much.

I'm hoping this will be the GOTW, but I have my doubts after watching the Colts-Texans game.

Comment

Originally posted by NolanSmith
                  //Not NolanSmith//

I've watched the Colts since they played the Patriots and lost. I don't know what the Colt's best is, but there are problems with the offense, not to mention defense. Manning under pressure is not a pretty sight. But Marvin Harrison and Vanderjagt have been consistently great.

The Dec 21 meeting was the Broncos at their best. Previously, the Broncos have had trouble catching the ball, and the passing game wasn't looking all that sharp. I don't know if the drive of Dec 14 was the turning point for the Broncos, but things have been looking better.

It would've been nice to see if the passing game is still "hot". But we're just going to have to wait for the playoffs. The Broncos will most likely win barring the hand of misfortune, the question is by how much.

I'm hoping this will be the GOTW, but I have my doubts after watching the Colts-Texans game.
                  Can't disagree with some of the offensive inconsistenancy on the Colt's part. Don't sell the Texans at home short. Pats needed OT to beat them and the Titans needed a last second TD to beat them. I tried to warn Colt fans they wouldn't be a pushover. Dom Caper teams rarely are.

Comment

I'm not underestimating the Colts and I think this will be a dog fight. When Manning is "hot" watch out. They can score and score fast!!! Even though we stomped all over them they still scare me!!! Also remember that turf isn't always nice for our players. Should be a GREAT GAME!!! I'm already nervous!

Comment

Portis will do as much damage as "Q" did, the trick is to keep Peyton off the field like we did last week and to not have Jake throw a gimmee INT like he did to open the game. The Dome will be rocking I have no doubt, but with the 1-2 running game and a rested offense I think we have a good chance. For all of the Colts explosiveness, there offense has scored 30 combined points in 2 weeks.
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

//Not NolanSmith//

I didn't mean to imply that the Texans were an easy team, they nearly defeated the Titans. In that game, Manning nearly threw 3 INT, the one that he actually got INT, was actually a great throw (so I'm not counting that one). The problem with rush defense is still there. The Texans got sloppy in the second half, letting the Colts back into the game. It was not Manning that created the comeback, it was James.

The lost to the Patriots was disappointing. With a more mobile QB, the Colts should've won that one. I chalk that one to bad play calling on Dungy.

The 2nd win over the Titans, was by grace. If Berlin could've held on to the ball, the Colts would've most likely lost.

Sometime all that is needed is a bit of luck. Certainly that came into play in the MNF game over the Bucs. So anything can happen, never give up hope, but say no to rose color glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by NolanSmith
                          //Not NolanSmith//

I didn't mean to imply that the Texans were an easy team, they nearly defeated the Titans. In that game, Manning nearly threw 3 INT, the one that he actually got INT, was actually a great throw (so I'm not counting that one). The problem with rush defense is still there. The Texans got sloppy in the second half, letting the Colts back into the game. It was not Manning that created the comeback, it was James.

The lost to the Patriots was disappointing. With a more mobile QB, the Colts should've won that one. I chalk that one to bad play calling on Dungy.

The 2nd win over the Titans, was by grace. If Berlin could've held on to the ball, the Colts would've most likely lost.

Sometime all that is needed is a bit of luck. Certainly that came into play in the MNF game over the Bucs. So anything can happen, never give up hope, but say no to rose color glasses.
                          Definitely, no rose colored glasses here. We can agree, Manning had a flat out bad game vs. the Texans and you're correct, James was the offense that day. As for this weeks game.....I'm very, very worried about the Broncs and what they bring to the table.

Comment

By the way, which one of our starters wont be playing against the Colts?

(***Portis is going to play... right??? ***)

The Elway Helicopter!

Comment

According to the Rocky Mountain News, Portis is ready to wreak some havoc on the Colts "D". Indy was getting run over by yet ANOTHER rookie running back, Domanick Davis, in Sunday's game so what changes has Dungy made to that pi$$ poor run defense? It looks like nothing. Portis is licking his chops right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X