No announcement yet.

No Gimme this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Colts offense has lacked consistency since Dallas Clark went down. The Colts did however quietly sign a proven replacement for Clark a week before the Texans game, that being TE Pete Mitchell. I look for the Colts to bring out their staple 2 TE set instead of the 3 wide formation base they've used the last several weeks. As a result, I think you'll see a much more potent offense.

The Colts defense is amongst the youngest in the NFL and they have played very inconsistent. Once again, however, they will be back at full strength with Bashir back at free safety for just the second time in the last 8 weeks, not to mention nickel linebacker Jim Nelson who's been out for the last 8 weeks also, these guys made significant contributions on D and special teams earlier in the year.

One other thing important to mention here, do you Bronco fans remember your game against the Browns in Denver just several weeks ago? You escaped with that one and the Browns are no powerhouse. The Colts handled you guys in your house last year with Portis. The Colts will handle you this weekend with Portis.

Comment

Originally posted by COLT
      The Colts offense has lacked consistency since Dallas Clark went down.
      You are basing your demise on offense on a TE!?!? even Jeremy Shokey doesn't have that much of an effect!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I will say it again, you sounded just like our fans on our board two weeks ago. We "Were" gonna hand you your heads and send you packing. Things didn't work out as we had planned. I am not saying you shouldn't be confident, you should be. We can't stop the run and we know it. Dungy will hopefully put together one hell of a game plan and we will have a trick or two up our sleves for your counter running attack. I was at the Dome two weeks ago and after the interception to start the game, I thought this could get ugly early. Little did I know it was gonna be us on the chopping block. So as fans keep looking by us, and like the Vikings, your post season schedule may abruptly change. Good luck to the Bronco's and I want Portis to play this time. Hopefully his mom will have better seats this time. Portis's mom represented you all well, as I was leaving I think I got the middle finger salute. I guess she has a little more invested in the game.....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rmouse511
          I will say it again, you sounded just like our fans on our board two weeks ago. We "Were" gonna hand you your heads and send you packing.
          No, the Broncos ended up smacking the Colts around on national television and the confident level is high in Denver....more higher then Boulder!

You Colts are in trouble....you should be trembling....because Denver, Portis and his momma is gonna put a thumping on the Colts.

Comment

The Colts will lose. Why?

The Colts cannot score if they're not on the field.

They will not stop the Denver O-line or CP.

Our D-Backs match-up very well against the Colts receivers.

This fact will force Peyton to hold onto the ball longer than he wants to, allowing our D-line to penetrate and wreak havoc.

The Broncos weakest games have come against their weakest opponents. There will be no let-down this week against a very tough team.

The key to the game is defense. Sorry Indy, we got you beat.

Comment

The way the Broncos fans talk, you'd swear their team just completed a perfect season. If your team is so unstoppable, why did you lose 5 games??

Stone cold lock here - The Broncs will NOT have the time of poss. advantage they did before. Not even close. And even having the ball for 3 quarters to the Colts 1, the Broncs still only won by 2 tds.

Put all 3 rbs out there, Griffin, Portis, and Anderson, they Broncos wont run for 200 yards.

edit - oops, the Broncs lost 6 games, not 5.
              The real ElGay_7. If you are offended by a user name, get a freaking life.

Comment

Originally posted by ElGay_7
                The way the Broncos fans talk, you'd swear their team just completed a perfect season. If your team is so unstoppable, why did you lose 5 games??

Stone cold lock here - The Broncs will NOT have the time of poss. advantage they did before. Not even close. And even having the ball for 3 quarters to the Colts 1, the Broncs still only won by 2 tds.

Put all 3 rbs out there, Griffin, Portis, and Anderson, they Broncos wont run for 200 yards.

edit - oops, the Broncs lost 6 games, not 5.
                Man...the mad talk c'min out of you...you act like you were the team that beat the Broncos 31 - 17 a couple of Sunday nights ago.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                  Man...the mad talk c'min out of you...you act like you were the team that beat the Broncos 31 - 17 a couple of Sunday nights ago.
                  big deal. You ppl still have hard ons over 1 game the Colts were VERY, VERY flat. It was a aberration.

You really think if the Colts played that way all year they'd have won 12 games??

Comment

and btw, Im a fantasy football champ too. How does that make me a loser??

Comment

big deal. You ppl still have hard ons over 1 game the Colts were VERY, VERY flat. It was a abberation.

You really think if the Colts played that way all year they'd have won 12 games??
                      Oh man..that game was [email protected] We took the then Super-Bowl bound Colts and made them look foolish!

Comment

and btw, Im a fantasy football champ too. How does that make me a loser??
                        Hey, it's a quote from an ESPN commercial where this guy is running around the office with his fantasy league trophy.

It's funny because I would act the same way....I haven't gotten my trophy yet. If you go to the board and go to the fantasy forum, you will see the link of my league.

Comment

big deal. You ppl still have hard ons over 1 game the Colts were VERY, VERY flat. It was a aberration.

I think the Colts HAVE played the same way all year. On that Sunday they ran into the Broncos.

The Colts "over-the-top" offense has gotten them into the post-season. Their run-game is mediocre, and their D is average at best.

LIKE I SAID, the Broncos match up well against the Colts. Our defensive backs may not have the stats, but they have the speed and presence to disrupt Indy's game downfield. If you need proof take a look at the number of completions Peyton had against them last time. Neither the Broncos record or the Colts' success has ANY bearing on the upcoming match-up. It's gameplan vs. gameplan, speed vs. speed, O-line vs. D-line.

Try to read past the front page of your sports section or ESPN.com and learn a little bit about your opponent before you go spouting-off on their forum.

Comment

I'm not saying one player is gonna make that much of a difference. What will be drastically different is the scheme run against your D since that one player will be very effective at allowing the Colts to run the 2 TE scheme v. the 3 wide scheme. It makes running the ball a different deal altogether, it makes the receiver routes different, it makes the play action altogether different. The 2 TE set is the Colts bread and butter on O, which is not just an over the top O. Y'all sound just like all the overconfident Titans fans before we whipped them in September. I hope your players are just as overconfident as all of you. It'll make for a blowout in the Colts favor.

Comment

I agree that this is in no way a "gimme". Peyton Manning imho is the best QB in the league. If he gets "hot", this is gonna be one helluva shoot out. Personally, I still think the best way to beat the colts is to keep him off the field.

The question will be whether the Colt "D" can stop the run this time around.... that and if they do stick 8 in the box, will our offense be able to take advantage of the man 2 man coverage.

Bottom line, I'm hoping the Broncos win, but if in the rare instance we don't... Good luck to you Colts fans throughout the remainder of the playoffs.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                              ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Working...
                              X