looking at the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking at the playoffs

Den. Broncos played toughest schedule of all AFC playoff seeds! Out of 208 regular season games played, Denver's opponents went 109-99. Indy played the next toughest schedule, their opponents compiling a .500 avg. at 104-104, followed by the Pats(102-106), Titans (99-109), Balt. (98-110) and finally with the easiest schedule played...K.C.'s opponents were 94-114. By the way, K.C. per se, is NOT the biggest fraud in the NFL. Greg Robinson, their D-co-ordinator IS!!! Someone should find him a job as a high school assistant coach somewhere, maybe a line coach or running back coach or something. I mean, I'm sure the guy knows something about the game, it's just NOT defense.

Of the six AFC seeds, Denver also played more games against other playoff contenders in the field, going 2-3 in those games. Indy had four games against teams currently seeded in the AFC playoffs, coming away 2-2 , losing to the Pats and (even more convincingly), to the Broncos. Their only two wins in this category were against division rival Tennesee. Broncos creamed Indy in Indy 31-17. My money says they will duplicate their victory of a couple weeks ago and go on to N.E.

N.E. has gone 3-0 in games this season against AFC playoff seeds, getting two of those victories on the road. Impressive indeed, but knowing the history of this match-up, I like the Broncs in any re-match situation. Just a "gut" feeling. Hard to say which team was the most banged up at the time of the Pat's win in Denver but these are not the same backups and 3rd stringers the Pats eked out a four point victory against a couple months ago. Shanahan was criticized by everyone but his mama after this game for what the press and fans perceived as a lapse of good judgement in game time coaching decisions and it did seem like the Broncos were outcoached. Shanny WILL be bringing HIS A game AND his first squad.

K.C. and the Titans have also played 3 games each against other AFC playoff bound teams. K.C. has gone 2-1 and the Titans stand at 0-3, losing to Indy twice and on the road at N.E. The Chiefs split with Denver and stole a game at Baltimore on a Daunte Hall kick return. Come to think of it... that's how they got their win vs. the Broncs. You gotta wonder how many uncalled blocking infractions contributed to the cause there.

Finally, the Ravens played only two games against teams in the current AFC playoff picture, a home loss to K.C and a home victory over a depleted Bronco team.

Broncos-Ravens AFC Championship game in Baltimore. In a contest reminiscent of the '87 AFC Championship game in Cleveland, ( THE Drive, as it is reverently spoken of by the Bronco's faithful) the Donkeys (affectionately) prevail in a close game, 20-17, and go on to meet the Rams in the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by xxxlibertine; 12-30-2003, 10:35 PM.
    uhhh,this ain't Lou from Aurora

Nice post, But its Daunte Hall not Culpepper.

Comment

yeah, you're right. Thanks for the correction. It is pretty late and I am getting pretty tired. Gave myself a headache writing that post so I guess it's just a little brain-fart.

Comment

Re: looking at the playoffs

Originally posted by xxxlibertine

Broncos-Ravens AFC Championship game in Baltimore. In a contest reminiscent of the '87 AFC Championship game in Cleveland, ( THE Drive, as it is reverently spoken of by the Bronco's faithful) the Donkeys (affectionately) prevail in a close game, 20-17, and go on to meet the Rams in the Super Bowl.
        No man, it will be Broncos and Titans in championship game (the first ever meeting between the two) and Denver will prevail
        Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

It's brain-farct! F A R C T!

Originally posted by xxxlibertine
          yeah, you're right. Thanks for the correction. It is pretty late and I am getting pretty tired. Gave myself a headache writing that post so I guess it's just a little brain-fart.
          Please! Get a clue! I see this so much and I just can't handle the side ache that comes from too much laughter. Your brain cannot pass gas! It does not break wind!! The saying is: "I've got a brain-farct!" That's "F A R C T"!!! It's pronounced as "far"-"kuh"-"tuh" (said together), like "far" with a "k" sound and a "t" sound stuck on the end. As in "myocardial infarction". "Farct" is simply "infarction" abreviated. "Myocardial" as in your heart. "Infarction" as in some of it died!

A myocardial infarction is what happens when you eat too many cheeseburgers, fries, cheese doodles, and one or more of the arteries in your heart becomes clogged with cholesteral. The blood flow to some of the heart muscle is cut off and a bit of heart muscle dies. Generally, when this happens, you have what is known as a "heart attack"!

Your doctor then goes in through your thigh with a balloon on a catheter and blows up the artery, or he/she cuts open your chest and does bypass surgery, in either case to restore blood flow to the heart muscle past the clogged artery.

Doctors, using their own slang, sometimes say "I've got a brain-farct!", implying that part of their brain has died. Fortunately, this generally isn't true; they've simply, temporarily forgotten something, like the name of that odd, little old bone in your body that you just broke. (There are 200+ bones in your body!) Strange as this may seem, doctors being both human and fallible, they do occasionally forget one or more of the thousands and thousands of facts they have to memorize about the human body!

An actual brain-farct, where some of your brain died, would more commonly be called a "stroke"! Imagine, if you will, your doctor actually having a brain-farct, having a stroke, having part of his brain die while doing coronary bypass surgery on you!

So, next time your brain, uhem, "lets one rip," remember, it was just a mistake, just a lapse in memory or judgment, not a farct nor a fart!

And lay off the cheese doodles!! Especially if you're mentally lactose intolerant, or physically!

LMAO it's just a little brain-fart
          Last edited by JohnnyBGood; 12-30-2003, 02:03 AM.

Comment

hmmm, well thank you doctor for all that vital "inside" medical info. Butt, how is it that you should focus on a harmless little phrase such as "brain-fart", rather than the subject of the thread? Are you a proctologist perhaps?

Comment

Seems like he just wanted to impress us with his medical terminology. Sounds like he has a priapism for his knowledge of the history of FARCT.

Comment

Coming from a military background, we all use "Brain Fart" as well (often).<shrug> Guess we're all wrong too.

Proctology lesson aside, I found the topic and thoughts interesting. Nice post xxxlibertine

/edit.. Sorry.. I fat fingered ( another common military term ) "Thoughts"

Nuff said...
                Last edited by NOLABroncofan; 12-31-2003, 09:57 AM.

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Nice Post

Roger that! xxx
                  It is my honor to serve him

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                    Coming from a military background, we all use "Brain Fart" as well (often).<shrug> Guess we're all wrong too.

Proctology lesson aside, I found the topic and throughts interesting. Nice post xxxlibertine

Nuff said...
                    LoL.... Ohh-Rahh
                    "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

Comment

Originally posted by Denver#1
                      LoL.... Ohh-Rahh
                      Semper Fi Devil Dog... I spent 93-94 stationed there at MCB Camp Butler/Foster. Where are you at?

Nuff said....

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                      ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Originally posted by ©® JaCkleG
                        Seems like he just wanted to impress us with his medical terminology. Sounds like he has a priapism for his knowledge of the history of FARCT.
                        Actually, one can have no greater purpose in life than to further the appropriate use of one's native tongue. With that in mind, why waste time on a "board"? Answer's below!

"Priapism"? Hmm... now, there's an interesting word for someone whose signature implies that he no longer benefits from one.

Late night posts, off topic, who cares! It's not like anything on this board is earth shaking! Chuckle! However, sometimes one just likes to engage in some, well, the answer's below.

Now, if you really want to hear me get going, just join the popularly, improperly educated athletes and wanna-be's that use the reflexive pronoun, "myself", in an inappropriate manner: "Myself and my good buddy (insert name of semi-literate athlete) didn't like the coach telling us there was no "I" in "Team", that "We" rhymes with "team" (It doesn't really; it does have the same long "e" vowel sound.), so myself and my good buddy (insert name of semi-literate athlete) don't say "I" and "We" no more, myself and my good buddy (insert name of semi-literate athlete) say 'myself and my good buddy'!"

All humor aside, if you have a compound subject in a sentence, the sentence should "sound" correct with any of the subjects alone, such as: "My coaches, my teammates, and I, all agree that the use of "We" is appropriate-->I agree that the use of "We" is appropriate. My teammantes agree that the use of "We" is appropriate. My coaches agree that the use of "We" is appropriate."

Now, when you have semi-literate use of the language, you show your inability to communicate effectively: Myself and my good buddy didn't like the coach telling us there was no "I" in "Team". My good buddy didn't like the coach telling us there was no "I" in "Team". (Works so far!) Myself didn't like the coach telling us there was no "I" in "Team". (OOPS! Illiteracy rears it's ugly head!)

Fully 30% of American adults, including many professional athletes are functionally illiterate. When you say "brain-fart" or "myself and my buddy . . .", you're showing that you don't understand the language you're using. When you do that in front of people like doctors, lawyers, etc., they often don't accept you as an equal or as someone deserving their highest attention and effort, as deserving of their "A game". Yet, you wonder why they don't listen to you.

Ever wonder why people choose the screen names they do? John, be good! Leave the poor functionally illiterates and semi-literates alone!

Comment

Yeah but how many playoff teams did the Broncos play during the season and beat? How many teams with a winning record did you beat? Lets take a looksie ---------->

playoff teams:

Indy won
                          Baltimore lost
                          KC Lost first won second meeting
                          Patriots lost
                          Packers lost

The Broncos also lost to the Bears and Vikings.
                          So in so many words most of your wins were against horrid teams you should of beat.

Broncos beat:

Raiders twice
                          Chargers twice
                          Browns
                          Bengals
                          Lions
                          Steelers.

LMAO..........you guys are nuts to be posting stuff about who you beat.
                          Yeah you really beat some stiff competition there but like you guys will say, " we beat the bad teams soundly ". LMAO!!

Comment

rule weak teams yes.........

Comment

You lost to us...good team, get it straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X