The Media Trying to Redeem Itself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Media Trying to Redeem Itself.

I open my sports section this morning expecting to find some BS article about Steve Spurrier or something. Instead I fand an AP article about the playoffs. It ranks each conference's playoff teams as to how good they are.

AFC:
    1. NE
    2. DEN
    3. TEN
    4. KC
    5. IND
    6. BAL

Dave Goldberg, the author, says of our record that we are a better team than 10-6. He cites injuries at midseason and our beating of IND and KC as evidence of this. He also mentions that we almost beat KC at Arrowhead. He also shows belief that the only team that can beat NE and their complex defensive schemes is the Broncos. He says what Belichick is to defense, Mike Shanahan is to offense.

It's not perfect but it's a start.
    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

About time someone in the media woke up
    "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

Comment

I think he got it right. The only other surviving team in the AFC that's playing good football right now is the Patriots. And, no, I DON'T count the Green Bay game when I say we've been playing good football. There's a good reason those Bronco players in the GB game aren't starting every week...
      Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

As I stated in an earlier thread, if we make it past the Colts in round 2, we have the best legitimate shot at taking the Pats down. We held them to a 3 point advantage w/o the Snake the first go around. The Home field advantage might be a player though.

I'm glad someone in the media is finally taking notice. It seems that no one gave us a shot this year the entire regular season... even after blowing KC away in both games ( imho we spanked 'em the first time too ).

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
        ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Opinion

In my opinion, the Patriots are ripe for an upset. 12 straight wins, they think they are so good right now. Like someone mentioned above. They barely beat the Broncos when we had our inept third string quarterback playing and I think that speaks volumes for what we can do as a team. I bet that Kansas City and New England don't even win their divisional games. KC will probably go against Tennessee in my opinion, they'll lose that. And if NE faces Denver, I just think they are ready for an upset. KC fans should be scared to death that their team has a 1st round bye, hehe.

Comment

Re: The Media Trying to Redeem Itself.

Originally posted by broncosbeast
            I open my sports section this morning expecting to find some BS article about Steve Spurrier or something. Instead I fand an AP article about the playoffs. It ranks each conference's playoff teams as to how good they are.

AFC:
            1. NE
            2. DEN
            3. TEN
            4. KC
            5. IND
            6. BAL

Dave Goldberg, the author, says of our record that we are a better team than 10-6. He cites injuries at midseason and our beating of IND and KC as evidence of this. He also mentions that we almost beat KC at Arrowhead. He also shows belief that the only team that can beat NE and their complex defensive schemes is the Broncos. He says what Belichick is to defense, Mike Shanahan is to offense.

It's not perfect but it's a start.

Hey, you got a website for this by any chance? Looks like interesting reading......

Comment

Re: Re: The Media Trying to Redeem Itself.

Originally posted by dr0p
              Hey, you got a website for this by any chance? Looks like interesting reading......
              for the toilet maybe, well I might have to pinch a loaf later on!!
              No, seriously, the Donks are playing the best football in the AFC right now, agreed!!
              [QUOTE]
              If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

I got it from the news paper but I'll try to find it online.
                Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

i agree if we can get by indy which will b tough i think were set to take down the pats....it always seems like when the other team mouths off (kennison) or u meet a team again that u beat in the regular season that "revenge factor" carrys that team 4 awhile... but hopefully will come out on top sunday....

Comment

Try this site.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...=1045855934844

Comment

Dhall there is still plenty of room on the wagon for ya Though I can see how it is honarable to be a *****. HA, and keep your bowel movements to yourself.

Thanks broncosbeast, checkn it out.......

Comment

Hoot79, you are wrong.

The Patriots ARE good but they are very humble. Belichick would never allow the players to get a big head. You NEVER see anything in the papers about a Patriot bad mouthing any team or player. This team is 14-2 and rightfully could talk BS like cetain other teams do. The Pats are a quiet bunch with no egos.

As Steve Sabol said about the Pats this year...........

The New England Patriots......The team that walks the walk but doesn't talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Krafty
                          Hoot79, you are wrong.

The Patriots ARE good but they are very humble. Belichick would never allow the players to get a big head. You NEVER see anything in the papers about a Patriot bad mouthing any team or player. This team is 14-2 and rightfully could talk BS like cetain other teams do. The Pats are a quiet bunch with no egos.

As Steve Sabol said about the Pats this year...........

The New England Patriots......The team that walks the walk but doesn't talk.
                          Regardless of the talk (which I am sure this is some) this doesnt matter. I am sure the players will come to play but wont be ready for the wrath we shall bestow upon you. Look at the last games stats. We still had 130 passing. Your D is very stingy but I believe the game will be won with our secondary, which looked strong against the colts. Hoot is correct that you did barely beat us with our 3rd string QB, @ home.... Regardless we have to get pass a hyped up Colts offense and come out of it healthy to prepare for you....... You dont even want to hear my conspiracy theory on the matter (last sup bowl vic)

Comment

All you guys talk about is that we barely beat you with your starting QB out. We were missing Seymour, Washington, Johnson and others, so please enough with the missing starters crap.

Comment

If we play you guys next weekend, it will be full tilt and you will be anihilated. Guaranteed.

Comment

Working...
                              X