X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dred
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoAle
    I'm pretty confident about this game... If they couldn't stop Quentin Griffin, how do they possibly expect to be able to stop Portis?

Plus, Lelie and Jake just shredded this defense. These guys are pretenders, not contenders.
    How does 68 yds for Portis sound?
    Pretenders you say?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoAle
    replied
    Originally posted by broncophan
    I don't really think that means a whole lot.................Wouldn't most of those wins be against the Raiders, as Shanahan has had alot of success against them?

Huh? Who cares? Why would you want to take away the significance of winning a game just because Shanahan has a lot of success against a particular team.

You might think it doesn't mean a whole lot now, grasshopper... But after we beat Indianapolis, it might finally dawn on you.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoAle
    replied
    Originally posted by Elway
    technically 2-0, we didn't face the Jafs that season until the wild card round, we were giving them paybacks for the 96' wildcard.
    No offense, but you're wrong...

It's 3-0...

We faced the Chiefs and the Steelers in the postseason after losing to them... And we also faced Miami after losing to them earlier that particular season.
    Last edited by BroncoAle; 01-04-2004, 02:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by letgomyeggo
    Here is to an injury free well officiated game with no ifs ands or butts to discuss afterwards. [/B]
    This'll be here for you to see, just in case!!!

Broncos #1

Leave a comment:

• broncophan
    replied
    I don't really think that means a whole lot.................Wouldn't most of those wins be against the Raiders, as Shanahan has had alot of success against them?

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    I had read that before about Shanahan and rematches. Unlike Dan Reeves Mike learns from his losses and mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    technically 2-0, we didn't face the Jafs that season until the wild card round, we were giving them paybacks for the 96' wildcard.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoAle
    replied
    I didn't double check the research, but I've no reason not to trust that they are. Plus, I think everybody knows that we are 3-0 on playoff rematches, based on the Revenge Tour alone...

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    not a problem, I'm a bit of a search geek at times.

Leave a comment:

• letgomyeggo
    replied
    Elway, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    The stats are pretty accurate, I didn't look up all the rematch game numbers, he has more time and energy than me.

Leave a comment:

• letgomyeggo
    replied
    With all due respect, has anyone bothered to check the links' research? And so what if it is true?

In playoff football it comes down to the running game. Who can run the ball, and who can stop the run. I am afraid the Colts don't have a magic potion for your run O. We can crowd the line, we can hit your receivers at the line we can sack your quarterback. You can do the same. James has been played sparingly this year. he is healed and fresh. I hope we have one whopper of a game. The playoffs are about execution. Whatever team makes the best of their opportunites will win. I just hope it is the Colts.
    Here is to an injury free well officiated game with no ifs ands or butts to discuss afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    I think the running game will be the two prong attack, they already proved they have a hard time against Quentin, so give then the one two punch with Clinton in there and the play action should work like a dream. For good measure another Rod Smith reversal or option pass would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• dandaman23
    replied
    I really do not think they will be ready for CP's running attack or even Jakes passing. They had to play the Texans last week and barely won. They have had a week to prepare, that is not enough time to prepare for any team. We have had 2 weeks to rest our players and prepare for the Colts. Same thing will happen we will run it down there throats.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoAle
    replied
    Apparently, some Colts fans brought up the fact that we've never won a post season game in a dome...

Of course, we've never had a dome game in the post season during Shanahan's watch... But an interesting stat, nonetheless...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X