Now this is exciting: Shanahan in rematches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is exciting: Shanahan in rematches

I found this on another Bronco board, and this is an exciting read! Did you know that Shanahan is 27 and 10 in rematches? I didn't! I don't want to plagerize, so here is the post:

So you want to face Mike Shanahan twice in a season?

Re: Now this is exciting: Shanahan in rematches

Originally posted by BroncoAle
    I found this on another Bronco board, and this is an exciting read! Did you know that Shanahan is 27 and 10 in rematches? I didn't! I don't want to plagerize, so here is the post:

So you want to face Mike Shanahan twice in a season?

Good research!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

i read the post...but something makes me uneasy about this game. Indy is a good team, and it's hard to beat a good team twice. I mean, KC beat us early, then got hammered. Maybe what will happen is we'll win by a slim margin, ya know, since we won big early. Either way, I think Indy will be ready for us. I hope CP runs for 200+ and 3 TD's while Plummer throws for 3 TD's too. I'd love to see him get 300+ yards for the first time this year, and of all places, the playoffs when we need his skill the most.

Comment

I'm pretty confident about this game... If they couldn't stop Quentin Griffin, how do they possibly expect to be able to stop Portis?

Plus, Lelie and Jake just shredded this defense. These guys are pretenders, not contenders.

Comment

Apparently, some Colts fans brought up the fact that we've never won a post season game in a dome...

Of course, we've never had a dome game in the post season during Shanahan's watch... But an interesting stat, nonetheless...

Comment

I really do not think they will be ready for CP's running attack or even Jakes passing. They had to play the Texans last week and barely won. They have had a week to prepare, that is not enough time to prepare for any team. We have had 2 weeks to rest our players and prepare for the Colts. Same thing will happen we will run it down there throats.

Comment

I think the running game will be the two prong attack, they already proved they have a hard time against Quentin, so give then the one two punch with Clinton in there and the play action should work like a dream. For good measure another Rod Smith reversal or option pass would be nice.
              The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

With all due respect, has anyone bothered to check the links' research? And so what if it is true?

In playoff football it comes down to the running game. Who can run the ball, and who can stop the run. I am afraid the Colts don't have a magic potion for your run O. We can crowd the line, we can hit your receivers at the line we can sack your quarterback. You can do the same. James has been played sparingly this year. he is healed and fresh. I hope we have one whopper of a game. The playoffs are about execution. Whatever team makes the best of their opportunites will win. I just hope it is the Colts.
                Here is to an injury free well officiated game with no ifs ands or butts to discuss afterwards.

Comment

The stats are pretty accurate, I didn't look up all the rematch game numbers, he has more time and energy than me.

Comment

Elway, thanks.

Comment

not a problem, I'm a bit of a search geek at times.

Comment

I didn't double check the research, but I've no reason not to trust that they are. Plus, I think everybody knows that we are 3-0 on playoff rematches, based on the Revenge Tour alone...

Comment

technically 2-0, we didn't face the Jafs that season until the wild card round, we were giving them paybacks for the 96' wildcard.

Comment

I had read that before about Shanahan and rematches. Unlike Dan Reeves Mike learns from his losses and mistakes.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I don't really think that means a whole lot.................Wouldn't most of those wins be against the Raiders, as Shanahan has had alot of success against them?
                              My 3 favorite teams:
                              1.The Denver Broncos
                              2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
                              3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

Working...
                              X