Portis & Griffin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portis & Griffin

What are your thoughts about putting both of them in the backfield to try to confuse indy on who may get the ball & maybe sending one of them in motion sometimes, just a thought i had, tell what ya think.
    sigpic

It is a possibility I'm sure MIke has thought of, but it tends to tip your hand to the fact that you are more than likely to run the ball from that formation sinde our RB's are not really known for teir blocking ability. Personally I like when Anderson is in as full back, becuase then you can either pass or fake to Portis/Griffin and then handoff to Anderson
    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I think it would work well sparingly, but would tip them off. I havent seen a play where portis has missed or made a poor block. I dont see it happening though. Anderson just fits in there to well, and is to much of a threat.

Comment

Put them both in H formation

then motion one of them out to the slot with any of 80, 84, 85, 87 on the wide outs and you can do whatever you want.

I see it happening.

Comment

Re: Put them both in H formation

Originally posted by DaBroncs
          then motion one of them out to the slot with any of 80, 84, 85, 87 on the wide outs and you can do whatever you want.

I see it happening.
          that is what i was thinking, i figured that could really open things up
          sigpic

Comment

we know both Q and portis can catch... i think that is something that is very much plausable.. i was thinking that as well... In like week 8 or something we even had a full house formation and wishbone formation that we played out of.. i really think (especially playing on cement) that he will definatly use Qs domination to his advantage...

Comment

Quentin

Aww, Quentin is so little. I love him!:p
              Jeremiah 29:11
              BOOMER SOONER!!

Comment

I agree with the one dude, keep Anderson blocking, give Portis the ball. The colts know darn well that if Portis is playing, he's gonna be getting the ball most of the time anyway.

Comment

When was the last time we ran a 3 back set?

Comment

Q
                    enough said...
                    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Quentin

Hehe, aww.
                      Jeremiah 29:11
                      BOOMER SOONER!!

Comment

I think using QG and CP could work. Fake the handoff to CP and throw the screen pass to QG. This would pull the defense one way, and QG would be able to use his ability to cut on turf to ankle break any linebackers. Put Ed on that side and boom TD.

Just a thought

Comment

OMG.

We're talkin' college ball here. Power-I? I can't remember the last time I saw that from the W.C. Offense. I'd be a sight to see, Dungy'd just throw his clipboard and bail. Forget the flea-flicker, end-around, or reverse, gimme some good ole boy college ball.

I'll be waiting, I just wish I had tivo.

Comment

New Wrinkles

Shanahan likes to throw new looks out every once in a while. So, why not that.

Comment

does anyone remember what week it was that shanny ran ruben, clinton and anderson in a full house set??? it was a day game, and the second time we ran the formation portis scored on a looong touchdown... Anyone remember?

Comment

Working...
                              X