Browner is hidden talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browner is hidden talent

I am an oregon state season ticket holder, and i have to say that brandon browner is a hidden talent. he lacks speed, which is why his stock fell from possible first round selection to undrafted, but NFL teams should know that he isnt a corner. look for him at the back up strong safety position this coming year. he'll be much better than kenoy kennedy in time.
    for loving the game and never letting go, thank you dennis

Join Football Board!

Originally posted by CR18
    I am an oregon state season ticket holder, and i have to say that brandon browner is a hidden talent. he lacks speed, which is why his stock fell from possible first round selection to undrafted, but NFL teams should know that he isnt a corner. look for him at the back up strong safety position this coming year. he'll be much better than kenoy kennedy in time.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

I agree, he could be a helluva safety.

Comment

yeah, i was looking in my sporting news draft mag and they rated browner as the 19th best prospect in the draft.
      My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

dont beleive sporting news, hes not that good. and he was dumb for coming out

Join Football Board!

Comment

Can someone tell me why this guys stock dropped so much? It wasnt long ago there was talk of him being a first rounder?

Comment

I hope that Sporting News is correct. However, all 32 NFL franchises saw him as too slow to be a corner. I would think that some of those teams considered him as a safety and didn't think his chances were good enough to warrant even a seventh round pick. Time will tell. It would be great to have safeties that could make the tackle and be strong in coverage.

Sign me dubious but hopeful.
            Last edited by Dean; 04-26-2005, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
              I hope that Sporting News is correct. However, all 32 NFL franchises saw him as too slow to be a corner. I would think that some of those teams considered him as a safety and didn't think his chances were good enough to warrant even a seventh round pick. Time will tell. It would be great to have safeties that could make the tackle and be strong in coverage.

Sign me dubious but hopeful.
              he has lack of experience and some raw talent, he intially said that he was coming out because of grades, but his grades are fine. also, i love mike riley but he doesnt coach DB's that well; Browner could have turned most of his knockdowns to picks if he just turned around and looked for the ball. Hes a hard hitter that will be god in a couple of years with mentoring from champ and lynch.

Another reason his stock fell may have been his change of agents, his first one dropped him because his mom didnt support him in coming out. He may have also had a bad pro-day and/or terrible interviews.

Join Football Board!

Comment

I was schocked that Browner went undrafted. He was the third ranked corner by Sporting News above Carlos Rogers. They commented that he could beome a big-tie player with the right coaching and experience.

Regardless of his combine time he obviously is a ball player. Football games are not played in shorts and track spikes.

He will make a great strong safety, and at 6-3+ will be great to cover jump ball recievers.

out

Comment

He is a good athelete. Although he ran a 4.6 at the combine, he plays faster than he is timed. The fact that he is 6'4 and 220 pounds is unheard of for a corner. College is a slower pace i guess, so he definately has the frame make the transition to safety as many scouts have said. I think he has a great chance to make the team and could be the next Lenny Walls.

Comment

Originally posted by CR18
                    dont beleive sporting news, hes not that good. and he was dumb for coming out
                    __________________________________________________ _____________

Depends on how you look at it, if he played another year at "corner" for Oregon, I suspect the result would have been the same, but, if he would have played next year at "safety" for Oregon he probably would have gotten first round money.

Comment

Hello, I'm a noob here, but a Broncos fan for long.

IMO, so far Browner is the best college free agent the Broncos signed this year. Last year, it was Roc Alexander. Two years ago, it was Mat McBriar (who lost to Knorr by an inch). In 2002, it was Jashon Sykes.

It's only a bargain to get him so who's criticizing?

Comment

You should be able to tell from my (new) sig what i think of B. Browner.

Comment

My first thought on Browner was that he could turn into a playmaking Free Safety, but upon futher reflection I think Browner would make an even better Strong Safety.

He has great size and shows excellent speed and quickness on the playing field regardless of what his 40 time is. He plays with that nasty streak that I love to see and he is an absolute beast in run support. He loves to deliver punishing tackles, but he is sound in his technique and makes sure that he brings the ball carrier down rather than just running into him. His height and athleticism make him a force against opposing passing attacks and he would provide much needed help to the Cornerbacks in pass coverage from the Safety position.

I really like Chris Young alot, but Browner is a much more intriguing prospect as the potential Strong Safety of the future. He is very young and he has a real chip on his shoulder after going undrafted. He would need time to learn the nuances of the Safety position, but I am very ecstatic that we were able to grab him as an Undrafted Free Agent.

Comment

i like the pick up he could be like ed reed

yall know you stick Ed at corner at he would be alright

at 220 he can lay the hit down and being 6'4 thas a lot of height easier to catch high balls

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
                            Woodson makes the pick
                            Lott takes it back

All for respect this is how the game should be played

Comment

i think he'll move to free safety

Comment

Working...
                              X