• Show
Clear All

• CR18
    replied
    well that make me happy

Leave a comment:

• DURANGO BRONCO
    replied
    Since there is a lack of depth at the saftey position, are the Broncos planning on moving any of the cornerbacks on the roster to saftey?

Ted Sundquist
    Yes, Jeremy LeSueur and then Brandon Browner, a rookie free agent from Oregon State. Browner is a 6'3", 221 lbs. corner that didn't run a particularly fast 40-yard dash time for a corner as compared to some of the top names in the draft. Brandon is a guy that we're projecting inside because of his size and speed and this is a guy that intercepted six balls his freshman year. He decided to come out early as a junior and I think because he didn't run a 4.3, 40 like some of the corners did in the draft his stock slipped. But this certainly is a football player and a guy that I think can help us on the inside, not only with his physical style versus the run game but also his ball-hawk ability in the passing game.

Leave a comment:

• CR18
    replied
    i agree, i just keep looking on to see replies on how fellow borncos fans feel about him.

Leave a comment:

• KellenWinslow81
    replied
    Some of you seriously need to jump off his... and let him make the team first

Leave a comment:

• CR18
    replied
    Originally posted by OBF
    This was the broncos BEST pick up out of all their picks!! Granted I am a huge Beaver fan, I live in Corvallis, and I go to all the games, but when you can get first round talent as an undrafted free agent, thats pretty dang good! I don't think the question "Will he make the practice squad?", I think the question is "By what game will he be starting?". Plus I am one of the few that are not conviced his best position is safety, i haven't given up on him a a corner yet. But, he would make a good safety as well, and if he does flame out as a DB or the DBackfield is too full for him, they might give him a try at WR.

CR18,

Do you live in Corvallis?? Or do you just go to the games?? What do you think about Derek going to Balt, Swancutt going to Detroit and Mitch going to miami. I think all three of those guys will stick. Non of them will start (at least not this season), but Derek and Swanny will definatly play. Mitch might have to work himself off the practice squad, but I could see him contibuting to a team in the future. If Derek ever got his head screwed on straight he has the physical tools to be the next sixth round QB to take the league by storm!
    i live in vancouver, its right across the river from portland. my parents both went to oregon state and i hope i'll get in too. i've been on the lions forums and their fans think swanni could start, they're absolutely in love with him. derek looked good at the end of the season and if he keeps it up he could be second string cause kordell stewart cant throw. mitch has good tackling skills but not great ones but he'll be INT happy in a couple of years. aric williams is in philly but he'll get cut i think. browner doesnt look, you know that. his exatra pounds made him slower than his highschool 4.45, and some guys at pro-day said he was deffinetly not a corner. neinhaus (spelling?) might have a chance in seattle and since my brother goes to seattle pacific i might be able to go to their games this year. are you a student or do you just live in corn valley?

doctors are advising weathersby to retire due to his head injury, what a shame.

Leave a comment:

• 5ringsDC
    replied
    dont get too excited
    he fell from a potential first round pick to not being drafted, because of speed
    sound fishy to me

Leave a comment:

• OBF
    replied
    Browner was THE steal of the draft

This was the broncos BEST pick up out of all their picks!! Granted I am a huge Beaver fan, I live in Corvallis, and I go to all the games, but when you can get first round talent as an undrafted free agent, thats pretty dang good! I don't think the question "Will he make the practice squad?", I think the question is "By what game will he be starting?". Plus I am one of the few that are not conviced his best position is safety, i haven't given up on him a a corner yet. But, he would make a good safety as well, and if he does flame out as a DB or the DBackfield is too full for him, they might give him a try at WR.

CR18,

Do you live in Corvallis?? Or do you just go to the games?? What do you think about Derek going to Balt, Swancutt going to Detroit and Mitch going to miami. I think all three of those guys will stick. Non of them will start (at least not this season), but Derek and Swanny will definatly play. Mitch might have to work himself off the practice squad, but I could see him contibuting to a team in the future. If Derek ever got his head screwed on straight he has the physical tools to be the next sixth round QB to take the league by storm!

Leave a comment:

• CR18
    replied
    paymah isnt very good, look at my signature and you'll see. well, not anymore, i changed it
    Last edited by CR18; 04-29-2005, 09:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by dbdom
    would roc alexander have played nickel if there werent injuries? no
    and looking at our roster from the point of view that we have no injuries to the secondary as of yet, he is way down the depth chart, we drafted 3 corners in rounds 2-3 and if the front office/shanny picked those guys instead of browner at those picks, i think its pretty clear who they rate more

i aint saying browner isnt an intriguing talent, its just that as of now, he's starting right from the bottom and everyone is getting way ahead of themselves thinking that browner will start our first game or something ...
    You're right! Everyone is jumping the gun. This guy is an interesting prospect. He might make a good SS in the future, since he's big and presumably hard hitting. I don't know how good he is in run support, but he'd have to excell at that. No reason he couldn't.

But teams didn't draft him for a reason, and that reason was speed.

Right now he is down at the bottom of the depth chart, although I am more intrigued by Browner than Paymah! He didn't cost us anything, and he's not getting a lot of money. If he sticks around long enough to learn how to play safety, he could be valuable.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoholicGBC
    replied
    ingenious

This pick up was one of the smartest ones all offseason. Because the man is HUGE not too fast has good hands and has some deep talent. Move him over to safety and you will have a monster hitting huge guy wanting the ball. VERY VERY AGRESSIVE. I loved watching him play. Good call shanny. He will be starting safety maybe move john back to ss and move browner to fs.

Leave a comment:

• Sevenis7
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    All of this hype for a player that didn't intercept one ball last season? He had six in his two years, but they all came in his first year.
    I wouldn't say that was good, for a cb playing against the #1 wr...
    Using your argument, Champ must not be very good either b/c he only got 3 INTs last season too. Browner didn't get any interceptions last year BECAUSE he got 6 interceptions AS A FRESHMAN the year before! Teams didn't throw his way.

Leave a comment:

• jeffman3166
    replied
    Originally posted by DPg2003
    My first thought on Browner was that he could turn into a playmaking Free Safety, but upon futher reflection I think Browner would make an even better Strong Safety.

He has great size and shows excellent speed and quickness on the playing field regardless of what his 40 time is. He plays with that nasty streak that I love to see and he is an absolute beast in run support. He loves to deliver punishing tackles, but he is sound in his technique and makes sure that he brings the ball carrier down rather than just running into him. His height and athleticism make him a force against opposing passing attacks and he would provide much needed help to the Cornerbacks in pass coverage from the Safety position.

I really like Chris Young alot, but Browner is a much more intriguing prospect as the potential Strong Safety of the future. He is very young and he has a real chip on his shoulder after going undrafted. He would need time to learn the nuances of the Safety position, but I am very ecstatic that we were able to grab him as an Undrafted Free Agent.

i think browner could be a steal he has great size and he is athletic...just wonder how many other teams were looking tp sign him????

Leave a comment:

• dbdom
    replied
    Originally posted by cdawg1001
    youve got to be kidding me, none of our corners except for walls and bailey are better than this guy. he will be on the active roster and he will get significant pt.
    come on, if roc alexander can play nickel corner for our franchise, that means jus about neone can play on our team.
    would roc alexander have played nickel if there werent injuries? no
    and looking at our roster from the point of view that we have no injuries to the secondary as of yet, he is way down the depth chart, we drafted 3 corners in rounds 2-3 and if the front office/shanny picked those guys instead of browner at those picks, i think its pretty clear who they rate more

i aint saying browner isnt an intriguing talent, its just that as of now, he's starting right from the bottom and everyone is getting way ahead of themselves thinking that browner will start our first game or something ...

Leave a comment:

• cdawg1001
    replied
    Originally posted by dbdom
    yeh i would be inclined to agree
    we are seriously loaded in the secondary
    and just because a person has good physicals and played well in college doesnt mean they necessarily have the experience to play yet, so he'll either make the roster as a special teamer and learn the ropes there, or be put into the practice squad, however if he does go onto the practice squad, he may get signed by another team, hopefully we can keep him and send him to NFL E next year to get some playing time, further develope his skills
    youve got to be kidding me, none of our corners except for walls and bailey are better than this guy. he will be on the active roster and he will get significant pt.
    come on, if roc alexander can play nickel corner for our franchise, that means jus about neone can play on our team.

Leave a comment:

• dbdom
    replied
    Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
    Dude! It would be incredible for him to make the active roster, let alone start. Chances are if he sticks he will be on the practice squad the first year at least. Look, do you think he will beat out the 3 drafted cb's in front of him? There is talk that these young pups spell the demise of Willie Middlebrooks, our 1st rounder a few years ago. Do you really think he will displace Middlebrooks?

Not being snarky, just talking turkey. he most likely will be on the practice squad this season, if he sticks.
    yeh i would be inclined to agree
    we are seriously loaded in the secondary
    and just because a person has good physicals and played well in college doesnt mean they necessarily have the experience to play yet, so he'll either make the roster as a special teamer and learn the ropes there, or be put into the practice squad, however if he does go onto the practice squad, he may get signed by another team, hopefully we can keep him and send him to NFL E next year to get some playing time, further develope his skills

Leave a comment:

Working...
X