Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is our defense better-or worse than last season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raiderjoe
    They know they can't compete next year in AFc West and are looking forward to 2006(Reason they made that trade with Redskins) Next year a very deep Oline draft(that going to help Broncos alot)
    READ BETWEEN THE LINES. Your FO knows this is not the year for Broncos. Wait up anjd smell the coffee.

I honestly don't think we will be any better either.

But a Raider fan shouldn't be talking. You guys are going to be just as bad if not worse. Moss never won with the Vikings, and your defense is worse then Minnesota's the last few years. Moss and Porter maybe, will put up numbers. But that doesn't mean anything since Collins will continue to throw games away, it's about the only thing you can count on from him. And Lamont Jordan?? Please....

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
      And really, Raiderschmoe, you should know that by now yourself considering how completely inept you proved yourself to be after assessing the teams last season.
      What? Being 6 games off of his prediction isn't good enough? He was off by more than their total wins last year. What an ego-killer....

Posted 8/12/04
      I already went on record OF Raiders winning the AFC West with 11-5 record.

So, Raiderschmoe - what's your prediction this year? All we have to do is flip-flop the numbers and we'll have the Raiders' record.

PS - You're good.
      Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
        First, the phrase is "wake up and smell the coffee." Second, Williams is 180 pounds. Third, cornerbacks cover receivers larger than themselves all the time. Fourth, that trade was made because the Broncos didn't think anybody they really wanted would be available by our pick AND because the value we got has the potential to be phenomenal (and will still be great even if the 'Skins win the Super Bowl). Fifth, proposing that the Broncos have given up on '05 is complete and utter Raiduh stupidity.

We can't know entirely what was behind Crennel's motivation for the various moves. Brown they actually wanted to re-sign but the Broncos outbid them (risky because of his injury history). The Browns wanted Droughns (now a potential holdout ) and traded a couple of decent linemen that didn't fit the new scheme and also had contracts coming due pretty soon. Warren is the only one that really worries me because he has simply underachieved to this point in his career.

Having said all of that, I still have my reservations about our defensive line and our depth at cornerback. I don't want any rookies being forced into critical spots like Roc was last season.

I will simply have to wait and see how all these changes work out once the team hits the field. And really, Raiderschmoe, you should know that by now yourself considering how completely inept you proved yourself to be after assessing the teams last season.
        Heck Jav Schmoe isn't capable of assessing a Pop Warner team.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Obviously Trevor Pryce wont be affective at all against your raiders all pro D-line, what about gallery? last time i checked they are moving him around the line because he isnt good enough at tackle.......just because the raiders got randy moss and lamont jordan doesnt mean their record will be any better.....the broncos made legitimate depth filling replacements this year, while the raiders just signed randy moss drafted fabian washington, and let go half of its underachieving defense. But i hope trevor pryce isnt very affective against the raiders, i hope that Brown, and Warren destroy kerry collins.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84
            Obviously Trevor Pryce wont be affective at all against your raiders all pro D-line, what about gallery? last time i checked they are moving him around the line because he isnt good enough at tackle.......just because the raiders got randy moss and lamont jordan doesnt mean their record will be any better.....the broncos made legitimate depth filling replacements this year, while the raiders just signed randy moss drafted fabian washington, and let go half of its underachieving defense. But i hope trevor pryce isnt very affective against the raiders, i hope that Brown, and Warren destroy kerry collins.

I stop reading your post after gallery comment. Obviously you don't watch football. It assine statement. Listen watch a little tape of actual games and maybe you will habve a little better understanding.
            http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ALELCOFJPHFH/112804gallery-sp10.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
              I honestly don't think we will be any better either.

But a Raider fan shouldn't be talking. You guys are going to be just as bad if not worse. Moss never won with the Vikings, and your defense is worse then Minnesota's the last few years. Moss and Porter maybe, will put up numbers. But that doesn't mean anything since Collins will continue to throw games away, it's about the only thing you can count on from him. And Lamont Jordan?? Please....
              Okay tell me what WRS that Vikings had that were as good as J Porter and R curry(who was Raiders best wr last year)Thats not even talking about D gabriel 6'2 217(J Porter clone) and J Morant 6'5 230. Not only that, but raiders added FB R Konrad 6'3 255 a great fit for Turner offense. Added a lot of quality depth on oline(CJ Brooks- Maryland, Pete McMahon, IvAn Douglas(ohio st) could have been a number 1 pick if not for blood clotting problems. S Rose starting in NFeurope.

Here a prediction that you can use against me. Raiders defense will be pretty good next year. Like I said they are way deeper on defensiveline and in secondary than the Broncos. Only area Bronco are alot stronger is at LB. Everyone that knows Davis philosphy. Knows he likes to build his defenses around the DLine and Cb position.
              Last edited by Raiderjoe; 04-28-2005, 11:38 AM.
              http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ALELCOFJPHFH/112804gallery-sp10.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by douglasj
                Sorry guy, the Broncos defense is stronger than the Raiders across the board. D line to DBs. Not even arguable. The only area the Raiders are better off than the Broncos in any position is WR. That is until Moss decides that he no longer wants to play.
                HAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA That was funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

I think it's the same. We lost Reggie... but we made him into an adequate (sp) pass rusher. We can do this with the new guys...

Comment

Okay tell me what WRS that Vikings had that were as good as J Porter and R curry(who was Raiders best wr last year)Thats not even talking about D gabriel 6'2 217(J Porter clone) and J Morant 6'5 230. Not only that, but raiders added FB R Konrad 6'3 255 a great fit for Turner offense.

Obviously I'll give you Moss, everyone knows what the guy can do.

But the only people extremely high on Porter are raider fans. POrter has the same question marks as Lelie as far as when will they stand up and be a stud reciever. Sure he has potential, but so does most every other reciever coming into the NFL. That's why they're there. Porter has had like 5 good games in his career, including playoffs. Until he actually shows me something, I'll hold the verdict on him.

Curry is turning into a good possession reciever, but he doesn't scare anyone.

Gabriel is all look, no result, and Johnie Morant who? Will he even see the field?

WR's look to be good even with consisteny issues, but that still doesn't take away the fact that if Collins is your QB, he will throw games away.

Here a prediction that you can use against me. Raiders defense will be pretty good next year. Like I said they are way deeper on defensiveline and in secondary than the Broncos. Only area Bronco are alot stronger is at LB. Everyone that knows Davis philosphy. Knows he likes to build his defenses around the DLine and Cb position.

Your LB's are a detriment to the team, the DLine has as many question marks as Denver's if not more after last year, and once Woodson is gone, your CB position will be castoffs and rookies that will be a major weakspot in your defense. Leaving the possibility of not only running all over your defense, but passing all over them as well.

Raider games will be shootouts, and that just means more passing attempts for interceptacollins.

Comment

Originally posted by douglasj
                      Sorry guy, the Broncos defense is stronger than the Raiders across the board. D line to DBs. Not even arguable. The only area the Raiders are better off than the Broncos in any position is WR. That is until Moss decides that he no longer wants to play.

Actually, to be truly fair, the Raiders have very clear advantages over the Broncos on O-line, STs, and at WR.

It could be argued either way at S, D-line, RB, TE, and QB.

The Broncos certainly have better LBs and CBs though.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                        Obviously I'll give you Moss, everyone knows what the guy can do.

But the only people extremely high on Porter are raider fans. POrter has the same question marks as Lelie as far as when will they stand up and be a stud reciever. Sure he has potential, but so does most every other reciever coming into the NFL. That's why they're there. Porter has had like 5 good games in his career, including playoffs. Until he actually shows me something, I'll hold the verdict on him.

Curry is turning into a good possession reciever, but he doesn't scare anyone.

Gabriel is all look, no result, and Johnie Morant who? Will he even see the field?

WR's look to be good even with consisteny issues, but that still doesn't take away the fact that if Collins is your QB, he will throw games away.

Your LB's are a detriment to the team, the DLine has as many question marks as Denver's if not more after last year, and once Woodson is gone, your CB position will be castoffs and rookies that will be a major weakspot in your defense. Leaving the possibility of not only running all over your defense, but passing all over them as well.

Raider games will be shootouts, and that just means more passing attempts for interceptacollins.
                        Dude did you see your own Chump Bailey comments on J Porter. We know how good this guy and will not sleep on him. One best Wrs in the league. Either Chumps a liar or trying to save face after J Porter embarrassed him on Monday night.

R Curry[ might even be better than J Porter. Tim Brown and J Rice think he will one best WRS in the NFL. The guy one of the most consistant recievers gaining seperation from a defender in NFL today. You know why, he can cut on a dime(point guard skilss)

K Collins is one best deep throwing qbs in the game and what offense raiders run. Deep passing offense. Perfect fit.

Last year teams dropped their safeties way back because they didn't respect raiders running game. You can't do that with L Jordan(pity the fools who don't realize how good he is) They can do that but just watch raiders run the ball down the offense throat. J Col.letto ex raven Oline coach was brought in to make running game go.

Raiders will have the best offense in football next year.
                        Explain me this . Raiders went from giving up average of 4.3 yards per carry in 2003 to six best giving up 3.7 averge in 2004. Broncos gave up average of 3.8 yards per carry. Now you added worst Defensiveline in football.
                        Now you add a A Hawthorne-first round talent and K Smith, D Burgess. lb K Morrison(will bve rookie thatn has the bigest impacts . You team morrison with sam Williams and D Clark and you have very nice lb corps.

Raiders upgraded secondary. The speed and athlethic ability is frightening.

BE afraid . First AFC West than the superbowl.

Comment

K Collins is one best deep throwing qbs in the game and what offense raiders run. Deep passing offense. Perfect fit.
                          Oh is that why in 12 games he threw 20 ints?
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                            Actually, to be truly fair, the Raiders have very clear advantages over the Broncos on O-line, STs, and at WR.

It could be argued either way at S, D-line, RB, TE, and QB.

The Broncos certainly have better LBs and CBs though.
                            Your Cbs are not even close to as good as raiders. C woodson , F washington, N Asomugha, Renaldo Hill and S Routh The size and speed in that secondary is awesome.

Oh i forgot you have L walls who shut down R Moss 10- 153) Chump bailey who was embarrassed so bad on Monday night by Porter You drafted three garbage cbs yea D williams all 5'8 170 has alot of OC worried..

Please

Comment

R Curry[ might even be better than J Porter. Tim Brown and J Rice think he will one best WRS in the NFL. The guy one of the most consistant recievers gaining seperation from a defender in NFL today. You know why, he can cut on a dime(point guard skilss)
                              Yeah they are a good recieving corps, Curry is not a top reciever in the league, and if your saying he might be better than Porter, that makes Porter not also. Porter has more talent then Curry as far as big plays go, but he is by far NOT one of the best recievers in the league. If Oakland honestly felt that they wouldn't have gone out and got Moss.

Unfortunately, for the recievers, they have interceptacollins throwing them the ball, and not Peyton Manning.

That doesn't change the fact that Kerry's last name is interceptacollins.

Last year teams dropped their safeties way back because they didn't respect raiders running game. You can't do that with L Jordan(pity the fools who don't realize how good he is) They can do that but just watch raiders run the ball down the offense throat. J Col.letto ex raven Oline coach was brought in to make running game go.
                              Lamont Jordan ain't scaring anyone, I don't care what anyone biased Raider fan has to say.

Raiders will have the best offense in football next year.
                              no they won't. Offense is only as potent as the QB makes it. And interceptacollins is not even in the same ballpark as Manning.

Explain me this . Raiders went from giving up average of 4.3 yards per carry in 2003 to six best giving up 3.7 averge in 2004. Broncos gave up average of 3.8 yards per carry. Now you added worst Defensiveline in football
                              Now you add a A Hawthorne-first round talent and K Smith, D Burgess. lb K Morrison(will bve rookie thatn has the bigest impacts . You team morrison with sam Williams and D Clark and you have very nice lb corps.
                              dude, they rookies, of course everyone wants to believe the rookies their team drafted will all make an impact, but get real now, how often does that actually happen? Less than 10% of the time?

That's as ridiculous as Bronco fans saying Clarett will be a stud this year, and that we will actually get contributions from all of Foxworth, Williams, Paymah, and Browner. That's borderline laughable.

Raiders upgraded secondary.
                              Yeah, with rookies, which has proven to be one of the hardest positions over the years for rookies to come in and make an immediate impact.

Come talk to me when the Raiders actually show me something, which has yet to be the case since Gruden left.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                                Oh is that why in 12 games he threw 20 ints?
                                Compare K Collins stats first half and second half. Not even close. Again he only threw twenty passes in preseason and worked most with second teamers in preseason. So when he took over took awhile to get timing down. Also one negatives with going with youth at Wr is that they sometimes give up on pattern. Case in Point Monday night game against Broncos, Gabriel if kept going would have caught a Te right in front of J Lynch but he stopped the pattern and lynch got a gift interception. (J theismann even commented on this)

Again lets examine K Collins stats after this year, He has the most explosive offense in football to work with. His interception total as high than something is obviously wrong with him. Expect to see K collins in probowl this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X