Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is our defense better-or worse than last season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expect to see K collins in probowl this year.
    Hopefully his seats are decent..

Comment

Originally posted by Raiderjoe
      Compare K Collins stats first half and second half. Not even close. Again he only threw twenty passes in preseason and worked most with second teamers in preseason. So when he took over took awhile to get timing down. Also one negatives with going with youth at Wr is that they sometimes give up on pattern. Case in Point Monday night game against Broncos, Gabriel if kept going would have caught a Te right in front of J Lynch but he stopped the pattern and lynch got a gift interception. (J theismann even commented on this)

Again lets examine K Collins stats after this year, He has the most explosive offense in football to work with. His interception total as high than something is obviously wrong with him. Expect to see K collins in probowl this year.
      You can talk about all that Offense you have in Chokeland but your Defense wont be stopping anybody that's for sure. Your sorry ass team will be finishing last in the AFC West again.
      sigpic
      In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

Compare K Collins stats first half and second half. Not even close. Again he only threw twenty passes in preseason and worked most with second teamers in preseason. So when he took over took awhile to get timing down. Also one negatives with going with youth at Wr is that they sometimes give up on pattern. Case in Point Monday night game against Broncos, Gabriel if kept going would have caught a Te right in front of J Lynch but he stopped the pattern and lynch got a gift interception. (J theismann even commented on this)

Again lets examine K Collins stats after this year, He has the most explosive offense in football to work with. His interception total as high than something is obviously wrong with him. Expect to see K collins in probowl this year.
        Here come the same old rehashed, recycled excuses. A year ago you said that your receiving corp was going to tear up the league and they didn't. You also conviently for get how Champ shut down Porter in the first meeting of the year in Oakland no less. For once in your life face the facts you don't know football from a hole the ground.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by horsesense
          Hopefully his seats are decent..
          They have a better QB than we do. Kerry Collins played a lot better at the end of the year. He was in a new Offense. As for our QB, it was his second year in the system and still threw that many interceptions with all the great talent around him on Offense. That's pretty damn pathetic.
          sigpic
          In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

Our D is deffinatly better. Lost a few people but also got more better people.
            I'm the greatest!

Comment

Your Cbs are not even close to as good as raiders. C woodson , F washington, N Asomugha, Renaldo Hill and S Routh The size and speed in that secondary is awesome.

Try to steer clear of the "my dad can beat up your dad" syndrome please. Rookies are rookies. They all come in unproven, and CWoodson is a walking cripple who will gone from the Raiders before camp starts.

And If Lelie can light up a heraldson Woodson, imagine what he will do against your young CB's who will just be hoping to keep pace with the speed of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                The defense is better this year.

Take it by position.

Free safety will be Ferguson. I think nearly everyone agrees Kennedy and Lynch together were great at stopping the run but not so great in pass coverage. I look for Ferguson to bring some needed balance to the pass defense. Ferguson will get more interceptions this year than both are safeties togehter last year. If you're saying that's not very many, that's my point exactly.

Strong safety will be Lynch. This is John's natural position, and the one he is best suited to play. Just moving him from FS to SS will be a big improvement. No idea what Shanny was thinking agreeing to play John at FS.

Cornerbacks.
                Walls was out almost the entire year last year, and is a potential pro bowl player. I really think Bailey and Walls will be something special together.
                For a 3rd cornerback (in case of injury) we'll miss Kelly Herndon, but Willie Middlebrooks was coming on strong before his injury last year, and is more than adequate. If nothing else we have a ton of new talent waiting in the wings.
                Put Darrent Williams in at nickel back and we're set.
                Best of all with all the new additions we have just an incredible amount of depth here. This has killed us the last two playoffs. I don't know how anyone can be that shocked with our draft this year. We've lost to the Colts two years straight because of lack of depth in the secondary (even with four quality cornerbacks). So if it takes six, so be it. Do we really want to go into another year with only four?

Linebackers.
                We have more than enough talent here. Ian Gold is an immense upgrade over last year. (Sorry Spragan and Shykes fans). Two things Gold is really good at is pass coverage and getting turn overs, problem areas last year.

DT.
                Gerard Warren is a big upgrade over anything we had there last year.
                Luther Ellis was not suprisingly hurt almost all of last year, with a little luck . . . ok probably too much to ask. Gerard Warren alone will be a big improvement though.

DE.
                Trevor Pryce and Courtney Brown together. I can't believe someone thinks that our line was better last year with Reggie Hayward than with these two together this year. In addition we have Ekuban, who would start for almost any other team in the NFL. This unit has a chance at being very good if only two stay healthy, and even better than that if all three remain healthy.

Well that's my two cents. OK maybe three, it was a little long winded.
                pretty decent asessment!
                sigpic
                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

JUst answer this question. Your not worried that Romeo Crennel who specialty is defensiveline, couldn't get rid of those same Defensivelineman(you wanted) faster. I would be very afraid.
                  I love how all those defensivelineman will play better with a better supporting cast around them. Heard that before with J plummer. How did that one work out. Go ash Shannon Sharpe.
                  i think we heard that with the declining warren sapp also
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Conde
                    As for our QB, it was his second year in the system and still threw that many interceptions with all the great talent around him on Offense. That's pretty damn pathetic.
                    "Great talent"??

we went into the season with virtually no TE, 1 proven WR, and a patchwork running game.

Lelie stepped up and made some big plays throughout the year,

Watts dropped about 5 TD passes,

and our TE's acounted for 7 int's alone because they couldn't catch the ball when it was thrown between the numbers, letting it bounce up into the air and into the defenders.

where was all this "great talent" , because I didn't see it.

Plunger threw some bad int's, like all QB's do in the league, but aside from that, our offense completely overachieved for what we had to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                      Yeah they are a good recieving corps, Curry is not a top reciever in the league, and if your saying he might be better than Porter, that makes Porter not also. Porter has more talent then Curry as far as big plays go, but he is by far NOT one of the best recievers in the league. If Oakland honestly felt that they wouldn't have gone out and got Moss.

Look going out and getting R moss had nothing to do with J Porter. Raiders had the wrs corp already and just needed the running game. Reason why you get a R Moss is J Porter now sees the second CB(instead of best) R Curry( now gets third CB than second). Do you unserstand what am i saying or should i explain it better.

Unfortunately, for the recievers, they have interceptacollins throwing them the ball, and not Peyton Manning.

Some Qbs are fits for one offense and not for another offense. P manning might not be as good as fit in Raiders deep passing game. K collins specialty isdthrowing long ball. With randy Moss 6'5 205 J porter 6'2 230 45 inch vertical, R Curry 6'2 220(we saw his leaping ability last year monday night) Not to mention J Morant 6'5 230 a faster J Porter and D gabriel 6'2 220 (remember him throwing C Bailey around like a Rag doll when chump tryed to tackle him. Now you throw in C anderson 6'7n 270 and T Johnson 6'6 265 both are big time weapons down the field. When in doubt throw it up and lets see IF C bailey or randy moss come down with football.

That doesn't change the fact that Kerry's last name is interceptacollins.

Yea your killing a Qb that has taking one team to conference Championship and another to a superbowl. Lets see J plummer win one playoff game first before you have the nerve to make fun of Collins.

Lamont Jordan ain't scaring anyone, I don't care what anyone biased Raider fan has to say.

You might not be scaried now but you soon will see what raiders have now running the football for them. Alot of Jet fans wanted him to be starting next year over last year rushing Champion(C martin)
                      Tell me what you think about jordan after you see him p0-laying Broncos. Bet you opinion changes and fast.

no they won't. Offense is only as potent as the QB makes it. And interceptacollins is not even in the same ballpark as Manning.

Thats what they used to say about R gannon just a jpurneyman. well you surround that much talent around a QB and even J plummer would look good in raiders uniform. Well maybe not.

dude, they rookies, of course everyone wants to believe the rookies their team drafted will all make an impact, but get real now, how often does that actually happen? Less than 10% of the time?

Lets see J Vilma, Tom Kelly(raiders), Ray Lewis(26 pick), J Kearse, and Kirk Morrison . Again K morrison dosen't make an impact than come back and throw thios post in my face.

That's as ridiculous as Bronco fans saying Clarett will be a stud this year, and that we will actually get contributions from all of Foxworth, Williams, Paymah, and Browner. That's borderline laughable.

Yeah, with rookies, which has proven to be one of the hardest positions over the years for rookies to come in and make an immediate impact.

Come talk to me when the Raiders actually show me something, which has yet to be the case since Gruden left.

Well i guess you must have been in a coma in 2002. J Gruden was gone and raiders had the best offense in football. Went to superbowl and rest is a blurr. Can't remember what happened.
                      http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ALELCOFJPHFH/112804gallery-sp10.jpg

Comment

Well i guess you must have been in a coma in 2002. J Gruden was gone and raiders had the best offense in football. Went to superbowl and rest is a blurr. Can't remember what happened.

Yeah, they went to the Superbowl with Gruden's leftovers, and thanks to the Oakland Raiders, the fans of the NFL were treated to one of the most boring and pathetic SuperBowls of our generation.

Comment

seeing is believing...wait until some games are played.
                          **BLITZ EM OFF THE BUS!!!**

Comment

"Great talent"??

we went into the season with virtually no TE, 1 proven WR, and a patchwork running game.

Lelie stepped up and made some big plays throughout the year,

Watts dropped about 5 TD passes,

and our TE's acounted for 7 int's alone because they couldn't catch the ball when it was thrown between the numbers, letting it bounce up into the air and into the defenders.

where was all this "great talent" , because I didn't see it.

Plunger threw some bad int's, like all QB's do in the league, but aside from that, our offense completely overachieved for what we had to work with.

A Lelie catches one over the middle will be his first. Most of all reception i saw were down the fields. Lets see what he can do with Stanford Routh 6'2 193 4.27 . Hes not getting behind S routt. S Routh is inexperiecfed but he has more than enough to cover A Lelie.(how many patterns does he actually run)
                            C Woodson always handles R smith very well.

Stanford Routh pick really broke M shanahan heart when raiders picked him because he would have been very valuable against raiders deep passing game.
                            What did Shanahan do draft a midget D williams 5'8 170 . I guess he wasn't thinking straight.

To compare Lelie a one dimensional WR to Raiders wr is a joke.
                            Last edited by Raiderjoe; 04-28-2005, 02:44 PM.
                            http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ALELCOFJPHFH/112804gallery-sp10.jpg

Comment

Yeah, they went to the Superbowl with Gruden's leftovers, and thanks to the Oakland Raiders, the fans of the NFL were treated to one of the most boring and pathetic SuperBowls of our generation.

Like last two playoffs game Broncos played against The COlts. You went to bathroom during the kickoff, you missed when the game was close. B L O W O U T.

Comment

Originally posted by Conde
                                You can talk about all that Offense you have in Chokeland but your Defense wont be stopping anybody that's for sure. Your sorry ass team will be finishing last in the AFC West again.
                                Hopefully you don't finish last. Want you to finish just missing playoffs. This way you stay down longer. Big question in Denver not playoffs but will Shanahan keep his job after this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X