Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is our defense better-or worse than last season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Raiderjoe
    Raiders went from giving up average of 4.3 yards per carry in 2003 to six best giving up 3.7 averge in 2004. Broncos gave up average of 3.8 yards per carry
    Of all your posts, this is the only one I can see that merits any kind of response (and this one barely does, but I'll do it, anyway).

As you mentioned, the Raiderettes gave up 3.7 yards a carry (actually 3.75, to be exact) to the Broncos's 3.8. Almost identical for what you said was a bad Broncos Dline. Now, how do you explain, then, that total defense for the Raiderettes ranked #30 in a league of 32 teams (as opposed to the rank of #4 for the Broncos)? Why, that means that other teams must have come into that suburb of San Francisco (Oakland) and passed your girl scout troop dizzy! Seems they are going to have to do more than add a few rookies to a "defense" such as that if they are going to go to the Super Bowl as you say.

Leave a comment:

• HaroldWoods41SS
    replied
    this is why i love comming here raiders joe say really dumb stuff and we call him out for it and he wait about to weeks for him to come show his face again

Leave a comment:

• vicious2500
    replied
    Again you might like what a Lelie put up last year but don't count on him producing those nmumbers again. Why For simple fact teams will take those patterns away and he has to come up with more routes. Want to make a liottle bet on whose wr put up bigger number this year Broncos or raiders. Do you.
    Like I said they were game planning vs him last year and he still lead the league in YPC at 20.1. I like Lelie to put up these of numbers especially on the raiders new and improved defense. Its not like you have much of a choice u have to put a rookie on Lelie and he's going to roast that poor little kidd. Even Watts is going to be part of the bomb the raiders party. The raiders have no sense of defense your front seven recks and your secondary sucks just as bad. The only person in your secondary is Charles Woodson and he's got injury and attitude problems just like Moss. Woodson doesn't even 2want to play for you guys so getting a good year out of him is kind of moot.

Now why would i want to bet that ur WR's have more yards then ours when our team is a run 1st team and ur team is a vertical team? That's like betting on the cardinals vs the patriots.

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Quality players on defensiveline than why would Romeo Crennel (speciality is Defensiveline) wann to get rid of those same quality players. Do the math. Romeo Crennel built his reputatuin building Defensivelines + fact that first order of business was tearing apart that Defensiveline= your in big trouble.

Like D gardner was another brillant signing by Shanahan. How that one work out. His moves on defensiveline last couple years , give you confidence.

Yah, the raiders are brilliant at picking up players. Thats why they have been so good the past two seasons. At times I have thought highly of a couple of players the Raiders had, but they don't know how to use their talent correctly. They probaly saw film of Randy Moss throwing the ball and thought he could compete with Collins for starting QB.

Leave a comment:

• CR18
    replied
    anyways, looking at the original post:

our defense will be the same this year but better in the near future, our secondary is getting a lot better and our lb's are awesome. need a little more on the line though

o yeah, raiderjoe, nice sig retard

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Quality players on defensiveline than why would Romeo Crennel (speciality is Defensiveline) wann to get rid of those same quality players. Do the math. Romeo Crennel built his reputatuin building Defensivelines + fact that first order of business was tearing apart that Defensiveline= your in big trouble.

Like D gardner was another brillant signing by Shanahan. How that one work out. His moves on defensiveline last couple years , give you confidence.

Crennel got rid of them because he is buidling a 3-4, and they are all 4-3 guys.

Given the salary demands, it was a no brainer.

I don't think they are all that great, but depth is a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• Raiderjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by dabreeze1984
    I dont think that there is any question that we are better this year than last on D. with the depth that we have at DL we will be able to play quality players all through the game allowing them not to get tired as the OL of the opposers will be worn down in the 4th. Any time u have depth at any position ur team is imporoved, so there isnt a doubt in my mind why we cant have a top 3 D

Leave a comment:

• Raiderjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by vicious2500
    Errr... If I'm not mistaken Lelie alone acomplished more than this great WR core ur blowing up like they are the colts and stuff. Lelie put up more than 1,000 yards not one of your teams WR's broke 1,000 yards. I'll gladly take a 1,000 yard WR over a bunch of guys who haven't cracked the 1,000 yard marker. Who cares if all he runs are deep routes, teams were game planning against it and he still roasted them.

Again you might like what a Lelie put up last year but don't count on him producing those nmumbers again. Why For simple fact teams will take those patterns away and he has to come up with more routes. Want to make a liottle bet on whose wr put up bigger number this year Broncos or raiders. Do you.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by va broncos fan
    i'd be really glad if our defense stayed fourth best in the nfl again. the only thing we need to improve our defense is with turnovers.

well, 4th was great.

But that is a total yardage stat and does not indicate the shortcoming of the d-line.

Also, after signing that many free agents, a season of similar results would be perhaps more frustrating than even a slide backwards.

Leave a comment:

• vicious2500
    replied
    Originally posted by vicious2500
    Oh yea raiderjoe can u give us some statistical backround on your boy J. Porter when Collins started clicking because 5 catches for 63 yards doesn't sound so explosive to me...
    Never mind I found the J. Porter post Champ in snow era here's Porters stats after week 12 when they played the broncos in the snow not that impressive:
    vs chiefs, 3 catches - 67 yards - 1 td
    vs atlanta, 2 catches - 33 yards - 0 td
    vs tennesse, 8 catches - 148 yards - 3 TD
    vs chiefs, 5 catches - 47 yards - 1 TD
    vs jacksonville, 3 catches - 35 yards - 0 TD

Leave a comment:

• dabreeze1984
    replied
    I dont think that there is any question that we are better this year than last on D. with the depth that we have at DL we will be able to play quality players all through the game allowing them not to get tired as the OL of the opposers will be worn down in the 4th. Any time u have depth at any position ur team is imporoved, so there isnt a doubt in my mind why we cant have a top 3 D

Leave a comment:

• vicious2500
    replied
    Oh yea raiderjoe can u give us some statistical backround on your boy J. Porter when Collins started clicking because 5 catches for 63 yards doesn't sound so explosive to me...

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Like last two playoffs game Broncos played against The COlts. You went to bathroom during the kickoff, you missed when the game was close. B L O W O U T.

Yeah, so? I could have told you that! Those games were over before they were even started.

I'm not the one saying how "awesome my team will be with the best offense in the league and the 3 best recievers in the league and all these rookie CB's that are going to shut everyone down"...

What point are you exactly trying to prove here?

Leave a comment:

• vicious2500
    replied
    A Lelie catches one over the middle will be his first. Most of all reception i saw were down the fields. Lets see what he can do with Stanford Routh 6'2 193 4.27 . Hes not getting behind S routt. S Routh is inexperiecfed but he has more than enough to cover A Lelie.(how many patterns does he actually run)
    C Woodson always handles R smith very well.

Stanford Routh pick really broke M shanahan heart when raiders picked him because he would have been very valuable against raiders deep passing game.
    What did Shanahan do draft a midget D williams 5'8 170 . I guess he wasn't thinking straight.

To compare Lelie a one dimensional WR to Raiders wr is a joke.
    Errr... If I'm not mistaken Lelie alone acomplished more than this great WR core ur blowing up like they are the colts and stuff. Lelie put up more than 1,000 yards not one of your teams WR's broke 1,000 yards. I'll gladly take a 1,000 yard WR over a bunch of guys who haven't cracked the 1,000 yard marker. Who cares if all he runs are deep routes, teams were game planning against it and he still roasted them.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by JPB
    All of you thinking Williams is the answer at Nickel are joking yourselves. I think he is here purely for special teams and depth at DB. At 5'8" he will not be able to cover many WR. Domonique Foxworth will be a solid CB in the NFL.
    Yeah, tell that to Darrell Green, one of the best all time CB's standing at a massive 5 ft 7in tall.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X