Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Superchop7]
    Originally posted by douglasj
    Then he's not a dedicated fan of the team. He's a dedicated fan of his son. If one is a "dedicated fan" of a particular team, that dedication is unconditional.[/QUOT
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Dedicate-"To address to another as a mark of respect or affection"
    Do not confuse dedicate with "unconditional love".
    Olinesdad can be a dedicated fan to whatever team Chris plays for, but, there will probably be a soft spot in the hearts of the Myers family towards the Bronco organization, as the Bronco's showed more faith in Chris's abilities by drafting him than 31 other teams did.
    You can be dedicated to a cause for as long as you wish to be, you can be dedicated to a girlfriend as long as you wish to be.
    Olinesdad has already shown respect and affection just being on this board, he is therefore a dedicated fan, on the other hand, since you rarely show respect or affection, the term "dedicated" would not apply to you.
    I find it amusing that you slam the people from Colorado, but you are a fan of the DENVER Bronco's,....................
    __________________________________________________ ____________--

Need to go to sons wedding rehearsal, will chat later............nevermind, just found out she's stuck on Monument Hill in a traffic jam.
    Last edited by Superchop7; 04-28-2005, 11:31 AM.

Comment

actually...

... he's well suited for all 3 interior line positions... a little small for tackle though... i believe he also has done some long snapping.... he's versatile.... he's also a fighter... and seems to be pretty intelligent.... he should make the squad as one of those guys that will do anything to be here... then work into the line up...

Comment

I have to admit that I don't know a whole lot about your Son. I don't know if he's a better run blocker or pass blocker. I do know that it's going to be difficult for a rookie to work into the rotation on this offensive line. In order to make this team, he's going to need to work harder than he has ever worked before. He's going to need to be good at both run and pass blocking. He's going to prove that he can play more than one O line position. He may need to be able to play on either the left or right side too.

For his sake, he better not be thinking that he's a lock because be comes from the Miami Hurricanes.
        I'm sure he knows he has work to do.

Comment

Chris takes nothing for granted just because he is a Hurricane

I have to admit that I don't know a whole lot about your Son. I don't know if he's a better run blocker or pass blocker. I do know that it's going to be difficult for a rookie to work into the rotation on this offensive line. In order to make this team, he's going to need to work harder than he has ever worked before. He's going to need to be good at both run and pass blocking. He's going to prove that he can play more than one O line position. He may need to be able to play on either the left or right side too.

For his sake, he better not be thinking that he's a lock because be comes from the Miami Hurricanes.

He is well aware he has a lot of hard work to do to make this team. He has never been one to rest on his laurals and has always set new goals after reaching previous goals. He became a team leader in Miami and never once expect anyone to give him anything just because of being a Cane. He will be one of the hardest workers in the Bronco camp this summer. You heard it here first.

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

Comment

BTW 77dad......Will you be giving us any inside information? Updates on camp. Fights. Anything that you see that we wont be able to see. Also, Do you like Clarett after what he did to the Canes in the bowl game?

Comment

Obviously you can't tqake a little criticsim without getting defensive. Too bad.

If I had a son playing in the NFL, I too would want his team to do well and hope that he had a major role in that success. I would not introduce myself as a "very very dedicated fan" of that team, then state that my dedication is totally conditional on my son making the team. A "very very dedicated fan" is one who's dedication is unconditional. It would be great if my Son played a major role on my favorite team. I could still support my son on whichever team he played for, but still be a fan of another team.

Tossing stuff on fans from an upper deck is a stupid thing to do. Stupidity is not unusual in the South though.
              Dude, Chill out...

Comment

Dude, don't butt in on thoings you don't have a clue about.....
                Wow, seems like your feathers get ruffled pretty easily. As far as not having a clue, I think it's pretty obvious by YOUR recent posts that your intelligence level is about as high as a faiders fan. Your way too critical in some of your comments.

77 is just trying converse via this forum and you go jumping on him like some faider crying after John Elway carved another comeback in his belt. I think you need to take a Whoa Boy drink and slow your roll.

Comment

Dude, don't butt in on thoings you don't have a clue about.....
                  __________________________________________________ ______________

Thoings....? and people in the south are stupid?

Comment

Jeez, what's the big deal about a guy saying he's a dedicated fan for his son's team?

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                    2. Taxes
                    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by 77OlinesDad
                      Just so you all know Denver has been one of my favorite teams over the years. I cannot give you detailed events or names but I have always been on their side when I have watched them play. Now that Chris is drafted by the Broncos it gives me even more reason to become a more involved fan. I have been following college football for over 6 years now because I have been there for my son and went to every practice everyday. If you only had a clue how awesome it is to be able to do that with a program like the U of Miami you would understand why I didnt follow the pros during that time.

Please dont assume just because Chris was drafted all of a sudden I like denver.......I routed for Elway every game he played over the years. I loved Elway.
                      i'm sorry, i shouldn't have questioned you as a fan. i dunno why i did, i usually don't do that. i'm in a funny mood today

Comment

Remember the PM I sent you? If not, re-read it. If you don't have it any longer, tell me. I'll re-send it to you.
                        __________________________________________________ ____________

I did read your pm and found it so funny that I hope you share it on the boards. Do you write comedy for Don Rickles? Good stuff, I mean to actually use the word **** as a noun, verb, and adjective in the same sentence is sheer genius.
                        Last edited by Superchop7; 04-28-2005, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Wow douglas......you're feathers ARE pretty ruffled for being a policeman!

Comment

Will update anything I can as summer work outs progress

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                            BTW 77dad......Will you be giving us any inside information? Updates on camp. Fights. Anything that you see that we wont be able to see. Also, Do you like Clarett after what he did to the Canes in the bowl game?
                            To be honest I don't really think Clarett had a lot to do with us losing the Fiesta Bowl. He played a marginal game in my opinon. He had a few good plays but none of which really overpowered us ( the Canes ). I think we gave the game away by not bringing our A game and playing very poorly. Our coaching staff blew the play calling for both the defense and the offense. As a parent who didn't miss all of maybe 6 or 7 practices in 5 years I can tell you the game plan was not followed in any way shape or form. I was at every practice for over a month before the Fiesta Bowl and they just tossed the game plan in the garbage early on in the game.

I think Clarett had a bit more credit then he deserved. I will say this. Chris will have a few works with him I am sure concerning the Fiesta Bowl............but then its going to come down to them being team mates and Chris blocking for him. Chris will make sure Clarett does well if he can do anything about it. Thats just the type of kid Chris is.

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

Comment

First of all mr. 77 I'd like to introduce myself. I am a bronco fan living in Sweden, so be sure to tell your son he has a fan in Scandinavia, cuz all bronco players have a fan in Sweden - me!

If I trust Shanny in trading RB's, I (if possible) trust him even more when it comes to o-linemen. I loved our o-line when schlereth and T-bone was on it and I love it now. The success our RB's have and have had isn't because they are "super-runners", it's because we have "super lines"! I mean how is it that Reuben ran for 1200 yards in what,? 14 games, he had the line for it. Shanny is a running o-line mastermind. I'm sure he can mold Chris into being just as good as the others have been. Though it might take a couple of seasons...
                              I loved T Davis, he was one of the greatest, but he had an increadible line. Some the wholes he ran through were bigger than what I have ever seen. He walked into the end zone at times in goal situations.

Here is to Chris following the tradition of producing 1500 yard backs

Comment

Originally posted by 77OlinesDad
                                As of last weekend I have become a very very dedicated Bronco fan. Pending Chris making the cut and active roster I am planning on being a bronco fan for a long time.

Can someone fill me in on a little past history so I can learn more?

1. Most hated Rival?

2. Is there a parking area for tailgates that Broncomaniacs meet at?

3. If yes to the above...........is Crown Royal supplied? ( somewhat customary for Miami Hurricane board tailgaters ) We can work on this if not but thought I would warn ya .

Hmmmm kk let me see..........do I need to know anything else?
                                I don't reside in Colorado so I can't tell you anything about tailgating, but PLEASE, PLEASE let Chris know that the chefs and the raiders are bigger rivals than Florida State could ever be.

Comment

Working...
                                X