Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on this situation....

What do you all think of this...

Due to his outstanding play on the turf in Indy last time around, I feel like the Broncos should try trading off Portis and Griffin equally for the first half of the game to see if either one makes more of a difference on the synthetic surface than the other.

I think Portis is an outstanding back, but is more suited for natural turf than astro....and Griffin is small and quick and is more suited for the quick cutbacks that astro turf provides...

Thoughts?

Sounds logical..However,this is the wrong time of year to be "trieing something new"..... I say stick with what brought you to the playoffs and that's hard running by portis and great blocking from the Whole offense...Just my opinion....GO BRONCOS !!!!

Comment

I agree that this is not the time to be testing the waters on new things, but it's technically not....

We all saw what Q did to the Indy defense, so we know it will work with him either way.... but I know that Portis couldn't have made some of those cuts....or could he?

Either way, I am so pumped up for this game....I can't wait!

Comment

I'd prefer not switching off, we need someone who gets in the rhythym of the game (Portis), who can then be spelled by a capable backup (Griffin)
        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Third Down Back

I think they'll use Portis as the lead runner, and if his blocking good enough they'll sometimes sub QG as the third down back. He gives them an added dimension on the screen play. Since either he or CP can be devastating in open space.

Comment

true...

true.

Here is the best quote of the week, from Vic Carucci:

The Colts' run defense simply is no match for one of the very best rushing attacks ever conceived. The Broncos' system works because of the tremendous work of an offensive line that has great discipline and knows how to work the patented stretch play to perfection. With Clinton Portis watching from the sideline, the Colts allowed 227 net yards on the ground when the teams last met. Portis now is fully recovered from a sprained knee and a high ankle sprain, and he should assure the Broncos of having similar success again.

Comment

Not Vic Carucci....

I read that article here is another quote from it discussing the Cowboys-Panthers matchup.

They both have great defenses and defensive-minded coaches who look to feast on opponents' mistakes while keeping their own to a minimum. They both run the ball well. They both have game-breaking receivers. They both have shaky quarterbacks.
              I highlighted "they" for a reason. The last time I checked Troy Hambrick was right now still trying for 1,000 yds. The Cowboys have no running game, just a commitment to try running. I point this not as condemnation just showing you where the "talking bobble-heads," again start nodding up and down.

We can help prevent spreading of the bobblehead disease by not nodding when the bobble heads talk....

I think its a conspiracy

Comment

hey, I was just saying it was a good quote in favor of the Broncos.

:p

Comment

I think they should run with Portis. I believe they should sub in Q accordingly (screens, swings,etc...)

Indy knows what Q can do to them in a open field and IF he gets subbed in will be expecting something in the open field, which will open up some deep routes and slants/drags in a cover2.

So I believe that Portis should be running the ball always, but Q should be subbed in accordingly to keep the D on its toes.

Comment

Re: thoughts on this situation....

Originally posted by horsepower84
                    What do you all think of this...

Due to his outstanding play on the turf in Indy last time around, I feel like the Broncos should try trading off Portis and Griffin equally for the first half of the game to see if either one makes more of a difference on the synthetic surface than the other.

I think Portis is an outstanding back, but is more suited for natural turf than astro....and Griffin is small and quick and is more suited for the quick cutbacks that astro turf provides...

Thoughts?
                    Griffin has good moves, Portis has great moves. Shanahan drafted Portis for the same reason that he drafted Griffin the biggest difference between the two is that Portis is faster. Portis is more the more likely to break off a 50 plus run for a td than Griffin is smiply because he is faster with great moves.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I think that they should use 65-75% Portis and 25-35% Griffin.
                      Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
                        I think that they should use 65-75% Portis and 25-35% Griffin.
                        Mix in some power running from Anderson and that could bode very well for the Broncos.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Mike our power runner on 3rd and short and goal line.
                          The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

How does this sound? 60% Portis, 20% Griffin, 20% Anderson. Switch the amounts around if Portis is still tender.
                            Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

I think they should power Portis for a while then plug in the others not to sat I'm looking past the Colts, but because we owe the Patriots. Stay healthy and focused and we should be in the SB.

Comment

Working...
                              X