Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before you jump on the Browner bandwagon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HaroldWoods41SS
    replied
    Originally posted by Sevenis7
    Using THIS kind of logic, Rod Smith must suck too, since no one drafted him either! And that Tom Brady guy can't be very good either b/c he was a 6th rounder.

Just let 'em play, KW! Some 1st rounders turn out to be busts, and some late rounders turn out to be stars. You just never know until they actually play...
    ryan leaf any one

Leave a comment:

• nas1
    replied
    who reminds you Atwater the most Browner or Shazor, Who would you rather have? And did we offer Shazor a FA contract?

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by Caliraiderhater
    With Darrent williams 5'9" 188 as our nickel back we can put browner almost 6'4" 220 at FS and double team them on a few guys sometimes! teams will try and pick on williams because he is a rookie and he is a little small but i dunno i would just love to see this some in pre-season at least!!!
    Darrent Williams is NOT going to be the nickel back. Shanahan said that Paymah and Foxworth will have the opportunity to compete for that honor. He didn't even mention Williams.

Willie Middlebrooks is the probably #3 CB right now behind Champ and Walls. That could change of course, but based on his play last year until he was injured, he's the best #3 on the team. After that it's anyone's guess.

I doubt Shanahan really envisions a 5'8" CB guarding the 6'2"+ receivers in this division. Williams is a PUNT RETURNER pure and simple. He could be a useful dime back at some point.

He will never start at CB for the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    He has character issues as well as being slow.
    Seeings how there are always two sides to each story.......I'll not pass judgement on him.
    As long as he can play and is a team player...that's ALL that matters.
    NOT what he did in his college days.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    But to discount someone SOLELY based on when they were selected, I think, is short-sighted. Many publications had Browner in the top 5 at CB. It's not like he's an unknown playing at the local JC. All I'm saying is to reserve judgment on the guy. Personally, I like the move, but Time will tell whether it was a good one or not.
    It was a good move on Denver's part. If Browner is a flop we lose nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Sevenis7
    replied
    Originally posted by KellenWinslow81
    For every exception to the rule there are 100's of undrafted people that never see the field....
    But to discount someone SOLELY based on when they were selected, I think, is short-sighted. Many publications had Browner in the top 5 at CB. It's not like he's an unknown playing at the local JC. All I'm saying is to reserve judgment on the guy. Personally, I like the move, but Time will tell whether it was a good one or not.

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    For every exception to the rule there are 100's of undrafted people that never see the field....

Actually, there are about 6.3 billion undrafted people who never see the field in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    Originally posted by CR18
    oh yeah, 4.5 to 4.6 isnt slow, specially for a safety.

Ya know, if you deleted the 'enter' you put between those images in your sig, they'd be side by side, and not nearly so annoying to people.

Leave a comment:

• BoldBronco
    replied
    Give all he cb's we've got a shot

everbody makes mistakes. Paymah isn' perfect (shoulder pad pic). Neither is Browner. Even John Elway (the best QB of all time) made mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• CR18
    replied
    oh yeah, 4.5 to 4.6 isnt slow, specially for a safety.

Leave a comment:

• CR18
    replied
    Take into consideration this guy was supposed to be a 2nd round pick, and every team passed on him 7 times. Either his 40 time hurt him THAT badly or there must be something about this guy we dont know...

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/27...6144CC0699EA33
    dude reggie bush gets by everybody. browner is better than paymah. he does have character issues like others have said, and got slower from putting on weight. hes not as bad as an issue as clarett (who would fit in better at the raiders), and i have been over doing it a little bit, but he is a good corner and will be incredible at safety.

Leave a comment:

• KellenWinslow81
    replied
    Originally posted by dbdom
    it is true some turn to stars, but the majority become training camp fodder / roster players, rarely they become starters and even rarer they become studs, i aint saying it doesnt happen, just that its rare and we really shouldnt be saying oh this guy is going to be amazing before he's even made the roster let alone be a contributor, there are so many "if's" that can happen so just lets ride it out instead of saying omg this guy is gonna be great, omg make him starter ....

Leave a comment:

• dbdom
    replied
    Using THIS kind of logic, Rod Smith must suck too, since no one drafted him either! And that Tom Brady guy can't be very good either b/c he was a 6th rounder.

Just let 'em play, KW! Some 1st rounders turn out to be busts, and some late rounders turn out to be stars. You just never know until they actually play...
    it is true some turn to stars, but the majority become training camp fodder / roster players, rarely they become starters and even rarer they become studs, i aint saying it doesnt happen, just that its rare and we really shouldnt be saying oh this guy is going to be amazing before he's even made the roster let alone be a contributor, there are so many "if's" that can happen so just lets ride it out instead of saying omg this guy is gonna be great, omg make him starter ....

Leave a comment:

• Sevenis7
    replied
    Take into consideration this guy was supposed to be a 2nd round pick, and every team passed on him 7 times. Either his 40 time hurt him THAT badly or there must be something about this guy we dont know...

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    He has character issues as well as being slow.
    Sounded like an early Maurice Clarett.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X