Why the Broncos could be champions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Broncos could be champions...

If Plummer can throw a lot less picks I see no reason why we can't be AFC Champions or even Superbowl champs.

Last year we had the number 4 offense and the number 5 defense. I'm pretty sure thats the best combined offense and defense in the NFL. What hurt us was field position (I'm not sure of the stats compared to others, but I'm sure it wasn't great), and Turnovers (mostly INTs), we ranked 29th I believe in Turnovers last year.

Now that we have a lot of speed, if Jake throws less picks we could definitely be champions.

If not, we can always take either Leinart (if we have a high pick from the redskins), vince young, or chris leak. Those three I think would fit best with the Broncos.

Either way, I think we have a good future ahead of us.
    Administrator

sigpic

Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
    If Plummer can throw a lot less picks I see no reason why we can't be AFC Champions or even Superbowl champs.

Last year we had the number 4 offense and the number 5 defense. I'm pretty sure thats the best combined offense and defense in the NFL. What hurt us was field position (I'm not sure of the stats compared to others, but I'm sure it wasn't great), and Turnovers (mostly INTs), we ranked 29th I believe in Turnovers last year.

Now that we have a lot of speed, if Jake throws less picks we could definitely be champions.

If not, we can always take either Leinart (if we have a high pick from the redskins), vince young, or chris leak. Those three I think would fit best with the Broncos.

Either way, I think we have a good future ahead of us.
    hate to burst your bubble but lets look at winning our div before superbowl, considering the steps the 3 other teams in our div made during the offseason, it's going to be one of the most competitive divisions, if we win that it'll prove that we really are doing well, but it's not easy at all and we are no longer the team to beat in our division either, since SD won the division last season they are the top dogs (it pains me to say it)

and if we have a high pick next year, i doubt we'll take a QB (unless jake does so amazingly badly that he's a goner after this season), a LT is a more likely option since there are a load of good ones next year at the top of the draft
    Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
    http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

disagreed

Jake isnt a young gyu ne more i do believe he will be either 30 or 31 by the end of the season and we will have two 1st round draft picks and i think you both are wrong. And instead of drafting matt Leinart or a LT we will trade both are picks for an already established QB or WR and see if we can make a championship run. I dont know why but Aaron Brooks jumps into my head with being PERFECT for the denver system. I doubt we would get him but that would be a load of fun. Well i dont know what denver will do but either way the future is looking rweally good. Everything points to a huge HUGE championship run. Go Broncos!
      *D.J. Williams top linebacker in 2006*

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoholicGBC
        Jake isnt a young gyu ne more i do believe he will be either 30 or 31 by the end of the season and we will have two 1st round draft picks and i think you both are wrong. And instead of drafting matt Leinart or a LT we will trade both are picks for an already established QB or WR and see if we can make a championship run. I dont know why but Aaron Brooks jumps into my head with being PERFECT for the denver system. I doubt we would get him but that would be a load of fun. Well i dont know what denver will do but either way the future is looking rweally good. Everything points to a huge HUGE championship run. Go Broncos!
        if we trade aaron brooks for a 1st rounder, i think i might as well give up on our front office ...
        brooks makes more boneheaded plays than plummer, he hit a plateau and that level of play is neither better than plummer or worth a 1st round pick, so you must be off ya head thinking we should get him, also we have jake locked in for 3 more years, and barring anything significant we'll be honouring that contract because it would kill our cap if say we cut him
        Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
        http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Why would we give up our 2 first rounders to take a quarterback, when, if anything we could take Matt Leinart and trade him to a team for a good WR and maybe another pick.

I would be shocked if we traded both our first rounders next year

There's just to much we can get with a high first-rounder than giving up our 2 first rounders.
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
            I'm sorry, but this is so obvious. We all know this. You are right though on the spec. teams which has been addressed this offseason.

We have an awesome team, no doubt. But it is the small things that matters, IMO all we need to change, but the obvious is, grabbing a chance when you get it, it won't come twice!

Comment

I agree that we are headed in the right direction. I liked most of the moves made this offseason. That being said, however, I just don't see us winning the SuperBowl this year. I still think we are in the second tier of teams in the NFL along with a whole bunch of other teams (New England, Philly, etc. being the elite 1st tier). I think if we could win our division and a playoff game I would be happy this year. Then we need to continue to get better next offseason (Washington's stupidity will help us there) and make a true run for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                I agree that we are headed in the right direction. I liked most of the moves made this offseason. That being said, however, I just don't see us winning the SuperBowl this year. I still think we are in the second tier of teams in the NFL along with a whole bunch of other teams (New England, Philly, etc. being the elite 1st tier). I think if we could win our division and a playoff game I would be happy this year. Then we need to continue to get better next offseason (Washington's stupidity will help us there) and make a true run for it.
                I agree 100%

I think Washington made a move that could help them in the future, but will definitely help us next year. I also like the moves we made this offseason, and I didn't say we should be champions, I said why we COULD be champions. I think it'll take a few years, but we're definitely headed in the right direction
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I think so too, we are building something good! Sometimes you just have to be lucky, like C Brown, he can kick ass, or be on the IR from week 1...*crossing fingers*

Comment

He popped in my mind to but not just for left handed backwards passes. He can move around pretty good has a solid arm and would be a terror in a zone blocking scheme. you can qb draw and bootleg ala elway even better.
                    2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Comment

Jake tends to play worse the more he throws. So if Bell can stay at the top of his game, and jake throws say around 20-30 passes a game, we'll be in the playoff hunt with the best of em'

Comment

Originally posted by Black59Razor
                        deleted...
                        Where do you get off with your personal attacks? Did you think you were in Smack? I have always talked to you with respect, but you have puked here enough. BTW, I am one of those morons who expects a 12-4 season. However, this is not because I take personal offense; this is because this pile of barf of yours is uncalled for on this board.
                        Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 04-29-2005, 06:22 AM. Reason: quote deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Black59Razor
                          Why would you take personal Offense? I did not quote you...
                          Go back and read it again. You conveyed to me one of your frustrations. One of mine is when I post something in plain English, and my intended recipient does not get the message. I visit General Disussions far more often than Smack because, whiile I have some fun over there sometimes, I like to try to find some intelligent discussion over here. Then here is someone calling another "moron" because of a viewpoint. If you disagree over here, state your point and document it--back it up. Or send the guy a PM.

Understand that I am not holding you under personal attack. I am taking issue with reading Smack in General Discussions. That's all.

Comment

Working...
                          X