Rod Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Smith

How much longer do you guysthink hes got left? I say it will determine how bad he gets banged up this year.

I say 1 to 2 years!

Comment

One, MAYBE two, if he stays healthy.

Comment

I'm hoping 10-15 more years.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jim
          I'm hoping 10-15 more years.
          I wish man.

Comment

He's got one good year in him. I could see him coming back in about 3 years to be a coach too!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
              He's got one good year in him. I could see him coming back in about 3 years to be a coach too!
              Y I see him becoming our WR coach after he retires. But I could see him with us for 2 more years if he doesn't get banged up too much this season.

Comment

Dude.. If rod can still stay healthy like he has been........ workout like crazy...... i would bet he'd play until 40! At 34 last year........ he had yet another 1,000 year. Didn't look any slower last year.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                  Dude.. If rod can still stay healthy like he has been........ workout like crazy...... i would bet he'd play until 40! At 34 last year........ he had yet another 1,000 year. Didn't look any slower last year.
                  Smith keeps himself in fabulous condition. Assuming he doesn't get sidetracked by an injury, he could play several more years with good production. But his numbers will start to slip at some point and the question becomes how much slippage he's willing to put up with.

If he adjusts his pay according to his play, I'm sure the Broncos would keep him on even after he loses the #1 receiver job. But will Rod be willing to put up with not being the #1 guy this late in his career? I don't know.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                    Smith keeps himself in fabulous condition. Assuming he doesn't get sidetracked by an injury, he could play several more years with good production. But his numbers will start to slip at some point and the question becomes how much slippage he's willing to put up with.

If he adjusts his pay according to his play, I'm sure the Broncos would keep him on even after he loses the #1 receiver job. But will Rod be willing to put up with not being the #1 guy this late in his career? I don't know.
                    True...... his number's did slip.... but they went from an 750 yard performance to a 1,100 yard performance in the last 2 years. I know about the new 5 yard rule..... but if he's getting older that should be against him right?

Comment

True...... his number's did slip.... but they went from an 750 yard performance to a 1,100 yard performance in the last 2 years. I know about the new 5 yard rule..... but if he's getting older that should be against him right?
                      Yes eventually his age will catch up with him. I think Jav has it right, how much slippage will Rod be willing to put up with and how healthy can he stay. As you get older you become more prone to injury.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        Yes eventually his age will catch up with him. I think Jav has it right, how much slippage will Rod be willing to put up with and how healthy can he stay. As you get older you become more prone to injury.
                        You do....... but as you get older.... you become wiser...... and all you want is a super bowl, and stats mean nothing by then. (if that;s what ya mean by slippage )

Comment

You do....... but as you get older.... you become wiser...... and all you want is a super bowl, and stats mean nothing by then. (if that;s what ya mean by slippage )
                          Yeah guys like Rod are very intelligent and experience like his is valuable, but the thing is at some point the body just isn't be able to keep up with adjustments that the mind can make.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I think Rod will do what is best for him . He'll make the decision.And it will be the right one.

Comment

I don't even want to think about him leaving. It's going to be so sad!

Comment

Working...
                              X