No announcement yet.

Rod Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod knows he needs about 2-3 more thousand yard seasons to have a shot at Canton. He'll be working harder than ever as he approaches that possibility. If he doesn't suffer any serious injuries, I think Rod will be productive for that long.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PutzierChic06
      I don't even want to think about him leaving. It's going to be so sad!
      took the words right out of my mouth....he better be on thne HOF.....
      sigpic

Comment

He has made his outstanding skills obvious for a long while now. Even more outstanding, IMHO, is his character. He has been the paradigm of character for the whole team. (Which is why I view him as the greatest Bronco WR ever: greater than Lionel Taylor, Al Denson, Haven Moses, or even his friend and stablemate, Eddie Mac.) It is his character that makes him the ultimate team player. Because of that, maybe, just maybe (oh, I hope, I hope) that when his skills do erode from first-string caliber, he will stay around for a couple more as a third or fourth receiver. This team needs his leadership, and I would pay him a lot of money to do that. Am I being unrealistic?

Comment

He could be, in the future, an offense coach

"The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends."
          Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by PutzierChic06
            I don't even want to think about him leaving. It's going to be so sad!
            You know, as I think about it more and more. As much as I hate to see him leave, I really want him to retire.

I want to open the gate for Darius Watts and such. We have so much depth at WR right now, it's just amazing, anyone on our roster can be a star!

I love Rod with all my heart, but if he retires after next year, I will be happy for him and the team. I will be upset, but it will be great for us in the long term of things.

I would love to see Rod come back as a WR coach or something.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
              You know, as I think about it more and more. As much as I hate to see him leave, I really want him to retire.

I want to open the gate for Darius Watts and such. We have so much depth at WR right now, it's just amazing, anyone on our roster can be a star!

I love Rod with all my heart, but if he retires after next year, I will be happy for him and the team. I will be upset, but it will be great for us in the long term of things.

I agree longer he stays the longer one of our prospects have to wait to be a star ie... Watts Luke and then lelie to be our #1 guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod80Smith
                I agree longer he stays the longer one of our prospects have to wait to be a star ie... Watts Luke and then lelie to be our #1 guy.
                BJ Johnson lit it up in Texas. The only reason he fell back so far was because of his past injuries, and the fact that he had to play with Roy Williams. Everytime Texas threw the ball, it was to Roy Williams. But everytime the ball was thrown to BJ, he caught it.

BJ could become a great WR for us also.

That's why I wouldn't mind bringing in Vince Young next year with one of our 1st rounders, the guys know each other like a book, and that would make a perfect QB-WR duo.
                sigpic

Comment

Good post. Now that I think about it, I agree whole-heartedly, especially about the coaching deal. With the kind of leadership qualities he has, I would think they would be fools just to let him out the door, IMHO.

Comment

BJ Johnson lit it up in Texas. The only reason he fell back so far was because of his past injuries, and the fact that he had to play with Roy Williams. Everytime Texas threw the ball, it was to Roy Williams. But everytime the ball was thrown to BJ, he caught it.

BJ could become a great WR for us also.

That's why I wouldn't mind bringing in Vince Young next year with one of our 1st rounders, the guys know each other like a book, and that would make a perfect QB-WR duo.
                    I've never really heard any thing about BJ but I saw Luke last year and he looke dgood and so did Nate jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                      Dude.. If rod can still stay healthy like he has been........ workout like crazy...... i would bet he'd play until 40! At 34 last year........ he had yet another 1,000 year. Didn't look any slower last year.
                      yup. strong work ethic is the most important thing to prolong your career. jerry rice was still effective after he was 40!

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                        Dude.. If rod can still stay healthy like he has been........ workout like crazy...... i would bet he'd play until 40! At 34 last year........ he had yet another 1,000 year. Didn't look any slower last year.
                        He's already said that he doesn't even want to be close to the field when he's 40, unless he becomes a coach or something.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rod80Smith
                          I've never really heard any thing about BJ but I saw Luke last year and he looke dgood and so did Nate jackson.
                          Nate Jackson is a 6' 3", 223 lb. beast. Reputedly does the 40 in a respectable, about 4.65 or so. And Luke, the whole staff seems to get excited about him. Perhaps those are a couple reasons the staff felt more desparate for a return man than they did for another Jackson from up north?

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                            Nate Jackson is a 6' 3", 223 lb. beast. Reputedly does the 40 in a respectable, about 4.65 or so. And Luke, the whole staff seems to get excited about him. Perhaps those are a couple reasons the staff felt more desparate for a return man than they did for another Jackson from up north?
                            Good point but I say we'll keep Luke, Watts, Johnson, and Jackson for sure.

Comment

Working...
                            X