X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    No, he isn't. He does not run with power or block with authority, which is surprising, given his build. He likes to avoid hits and use his feet to gain yards. He is a 190 pound third down back in a 245 pound body.

A 245 pound panty waste. pardon the pun!

Leave a comment:

• Trumpett
    replied
    Everyone listed as a pretty solid chance of making the team. I could see Anderson or Dayne on making. Obviously it will be tuff for any RB to making the team with how many we have now. I would assume that it would be one of the CBs that gets cut first.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by rjcla30
    Out of the people in the poll I believe Ron Dayne will be cut.
    However, is he someone that could convert to FB? If so then maybe it will be Anderson. Just a thought.
    No, he isn't. He does not run with power or block with authority, which is surprising, given his build. He likes to avoid hits and use his feet to gain yards. He is a 190 pound third down back in a 245 pound body.

Leave a comment:

• dbdom
    replied
    Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
    I’m sure Other will be cut. Not only did he played poorly last year but he also showed that he has “personal issues”.

I’m still amazed at how he didn’t spend a day in jail after getting caught driving 120mph in the city completely drunk with 60gr’ Cocaine and 3 unregistered pistols in the vehicle, while beating his wife and threatening to kill his GF.
    whoa that dude has a wife to beat AND a GF to threaten, thats good ...
    its gonna be ron dayne who has the biggest work to do if he wants to make the roster

Leave a comment:

• rjcla30
    replied
    Out of the people in the poll I believe Ron Dayne will be cut.
    However, is he someone that could convert to FB? If so then maybe it will be Anderson. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosfan247
    you still think there is such a thing as loyalty in the NFL? If Rod Smith turns out to be another Jerry Rice or Troy Brown you really think Shannahan would keep him around just because he's been a Bronco for so long? Fat chance, I think Smith has the dignity to retire when he has nothing else to contribute to the team, but if he doesn't then i'm sure he'll retire somewhere else.

I chose other because I think our defensive line is gonna be thinned down by the start of the season. But of the named players on the list I would have to say Mike Anderson. Not sure what his contract #'s are, but if he's making more than what his role is going to be on the team, than it wouldn't suprise me if he's playing somewhere else in the near future.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "loyalty." There is one reason, and one reason only, for a players presence on a team: to make that team better. The organization understands that, the coaching staff understands that, the players understand that, and at least some fans understand that. We keep grandpa around in our family (theoretically) because we love him. This isn't a family. This is an organization that is trying to be better than the other organizations in the league. That's why it exists. That's easy enough to understand, isn't it?

This wasn't meant to distract from what you were trying to say because I thought your comment about MA and the DL could very well be on the money.

Leave a comment:

• KnightOLB53
    replied
    Yeah im going with Dayne and maybe a few of r draft picks and probably a few DL.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Quentin Griffin *crosses fingers*

Leave a comment:

• broncosfan247
    replied
    Originally posted by Rod80Smith
    I honestly think Dayne will be cut because MA has been with us for along time so I think he'll stay on the team and Dayne will be cut even if Dayne is a bit better because we still got Clarret.
    you still think there is such a thing as loyalty in the NFL? If Rod Smith turns out to be another Jerry Rice or Troy Brown you really think Shannahan would keep him around just because he's been a Bronco for so long? Fat chance, I think Smith has the dignity to retire when he has nothing else to contribute to the team, but if he doesn't then i'm sure he'll retire somewhere else.

I chose other because I think our defensive line is gonna be thinned down by the start of the season. But of the named players on the list I would have to say Mike Anderson. Not sure what his contract #'s are, but if he's making more than what his role is going to be on the team, than it wouldn't suprise me if he's playing somewhere else in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• Rod80Smith
    replied
    I honestly think Dayne will be cut because MA has been with us for along time so I think he'll stay on the team and Dayne will be cut even if Dayne is a bit better because we still got Clarret.

Leave a comment:

• Orange_Crush21
    replied
    I would hope we wouldn't cut Lepsis, we wouldn't exactly have the best situation going on at tackle.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    I marked "other" because I have a pressing need to express my individuality. I am very individual. I am so individual that I gave up my multiple personality disorder some time ago. I locked myself in a room for a year until I could discover, yes, I am an individual!

Oh yes, the players. Mike Anderson will be with us for the year. He is the only tried and true power back we have. Clarett isn't going anywhere; he is the most talented RB we have, including Bell.

Any one of Matt Lepsis, Trevor Pryce, or John Lynch might go if the staff all the sudden turns up two cans short of a sixpack. Are you kidding? The OL has barely enough depth, so Lepsis stays. If Pryce is healthy, he is a beast. If Lynch is moved over to SS and plays inside the box, he is still one of the best there (not at FS, where you have to have some speed, IMO). The most at risk, IMO, is Ron Dayne, simply because of MA and especially Clarett. We have an awesome collection of power at that position. Even Bell isn't tiny.

I can't see any of them going the first week. A day or two into the second week, maybe . . .

Leave a comment:

• DPg2003
    replied
    What you are essentially asking is who won't make the team, Practice Squad or otherwise, and I think all of the players on the list will make the team unless trades transpire. Mike Anderson has value to this team, but I could definitely see him being traded sometime before the start of the season. Ron Dayne has the opportunity to make a real impact on the roster depending on how he performs. He has to come into camp in shape and with a chip on his shoulder, but if he proves to be a solid backup to T-Bell he could make Anderson and maybe even Q Griffin ultimately expendable.

Leave a comment:

• MoFo_JoRo
    replied
    Originally posted by JWinn
    I chose other as a way of saying none of the above. Dayne might not make the cut in preseason or camp, but to sign him just to cut him without giving him a chance wouldnt make much sense in my opinion.

I'm not sure who will face a cut June 1st, but I doubt it would be anyone recently signed.

We did the same thing last year with all those tight ends we signed.

Leave a comment:

• EMCF
    replied
    Do you hear that, Mr. (Mike) Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability.

I dunno, I just have a feeling he is eating up a little too much cash to keep him around.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X