Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last year's D-line vs. this year's D-line...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Bad John
    Last year, we had Reggie Hayward, Luther Elliss, Elliss Johnson, Trevor Pryce (although he was injured) Mario Fatefehi, Marco Coleman, and other role players..

This year we have some players that we have acquired from the much maligned Cleveland Browns organization that were acquired through Free Agency and Trade.

This year, we have Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren, Ebenezer Ekuban, Michael Myers, along with Trevor Pryce (Healthy) Luther Elliss and a slew of other role-players.

Someone, please tell me how we are worse off this year...I know that your out there...please explain yourself...

UNless everyone draft expert in the NFL was wrong picking up Brown and Warren should be a plus.

Unless price steps up mentally he may not be able tot get over the physical side of teh injury.

Comment

[QUOTE=kmartin575]

And, for those of you who think Kenrell Bell cannot stay healthy or won't be healthy, he says and the teams doctors say that he is good enough to play right now if he had to. He didn't injure himself on the field, but in the weightroom doing too much weight.
      QUOTE]

It is really easy to say you are 100%........any one of our players could do it. You made yourself look real hypocritical with that post buddy.
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Defensive line has been improved period. Give me all the stats you want but even though we lack in the tackle area, we do for a 4-3 but not a 3-4 and therefor I have a strange feeling Denver might be more 3-4 then 4-3 this season. Trevor Pryce at 295lbs and Courtney Brown at 290lbs. are perfect for the big defensive ends a 3-4 uses, with tackles on our team already better at nose tackle then the standard defensive tackle.

I have a feeling Denver will se how the 3-4 holds up during the pre season and if it seems a better fit, then Denver will implement it as the base defense. That is a guess at best, but with Denver not looking to really solidify the 4-3 tackles, the whole possible 3rd down 3-4 talk might have been a ploy to to think Denver might go to a 3-4 here and there and instead it was planned to be the base defense all along. Even if Denver was to use it here or there, I see a lot of cuts coming for the defensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
          The D-line has more potential then last season. However, we pretty much failed to improve the interior of our line very much at all. Gerrard Warren should be a minor improvement over Ellis Johnson, but the rest of the DT rotation is the same, along with Mike Myers who is a mirror image of Monsanto Pope.

My issue is that we addressed the D-line to work for one season. We did not draft any depth, and after this season, Gerrard Warren, Anton Palepoi, Dorsett Davis, Monsanto Pope, Luther Elliss, Marco Coleman, and Courtney Brown will all be free agents. Brown will be because his option bonus would count 8 million against our cap next season and that will not occur most likely.

This years line is better then last year's line. However, this year's line is a one year rental, and next season, we will be plugging holes with veterans all over again. Perhaps we can use both our 1st rounders on DTs, but that's wishful thinking.
          Well, mug, we're going to disagree on this issue.
          I, for one, do not believe all the above mentioned players are 'rentals'......
          If they show value as the season goes along, I believe Shanny will start signing them to new contracts.
          I guess we're both guessing at this point.....but, as you know, I'm an optimist.....
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

jklj

I don't care if our d line slips statistically from last year, we have one problem with our D and that's what costs us the playoffs two years running--we let the other team score. Overall our D is statistically dominant but there is another stat that tells a truer story. We are one of the most scored against teams in the NFL. Blame it on turnovers if you want, but our D never stopped anyone in the redzone.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele
              I don't care if our d line slips statistically from last year, we have one problem with our D and that's what costs us the playoffs two years running--we let the other team score. Overall our D is statistically dominant but there is another stat that tells a truer story. We are one of the most scored against teams in the NFL. Blame it on turnovers if you want, but our D never stopped anyone in the redzone.
              So what would be your answer? How would you solve that?

Comment

Working...
              X