Why all the hype on Mitchell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why all the hype on Mitchell?

The guy couldn't catch a cold if he was in a hospital for 3 weeks without taking a shower. Did anyone forget the fact that we have a guy named Darius Watts? He had a great rookie season. Don't give me this bullcrap about him dropping balls, he was a rookie for God sake!

Did you also forget that we have a guy by the name of Nate Jackson who was on IR last season. He played in like two games, averaged 9 yards a catch, and was very solid in preseason and for the time he was on our active roster.

Now all of a sudden, after smashing him about 3 months ago for having an ego, everyone wants him because he's a free agent and can make a clutch catch. He doesn't have the talent to get by guys like Darius Watts, or Nate Jackson. He would be lucky to be our #5 receiver.

Come on people, do you remember how bad he was during the superbowl? He had 1 catch and plenty of passes thrown to him. Not even that, but the guy caught like 25 balls in the regular season, McNabb didn't even throw near him when T.O. got injured.

If we were to waste our money on a WR, lets get a vetran WR that can amount to a #3 receiver and an insurance policy if Darius or Ashley go down after Rod retires... Lets get Az Hakim.
    "3rd down and about 4 with 4 minutes to go. The Chiefs are 2 of 5 on third down conversions. Now they come out with a tight slot outside of Tony Gonzalez on the right, in motion now. Green drops back to throw, he's in pressure! He can get him, Green pulls away by the jersey. Now avoids Pope! Green on the run, throws, pass is INTERCEPTED CHAMP BAILEY! Bailey has it and that is his first interception as a Bronco, Broncos ball on the 32 yard line."

Come on man, you need to think before you post...

3 reasons why Mitchell will be a Pro-Bowler in Denver....

1)he had an awesome scouting report like 6 years ago. Nevermind the fact that he did nothing in Philly.

six year old scouting report > then actual production on the field. Everyone knows that!

2)like 77% of his catches were for 1st down --> the man is a first down machine!!

Who cares if he caught only 22 balls! With Freddie Mitchell in the game, we have almost an 80% chance of gaining a first down on any given play. We would never have to punt!!

3)it's Freddie Mitchell, "the people's champ", "first down Freddie", "fed-ex Freddie"...the man has delivered so many times he has garnered many nicknames.....by himself!!

Freddie just wants to win! Who cares if he calls out coaches and teammates, motivates the other team, and calls a fool for the fans! His lack of respect for the game can only enhance team chemistry, because he wants to win, catches only first downs, and has an awesome scouting report that's 6 years old!!

Everyone knows that Freddie Mitchell = WINNER!!

Comment

Why all the hype on Mitchell?

Probably because of all the threads that are being started on it.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
        Come on man, you need to think before you post...

3 reasons why Mitchell will be a Pro-Bowler in Denver....

1)he had an awesome scouting report like 6 years ago. Nevermind the fact that he did nothing in Philly.

six year old scouting report > then actual production on the field. Everyone knows that!

2)like 77% of his catches were for 1st down --> the man is a first down machine!!

Who cares if he caught only 22 balls! With Freddie Mitchell in the game, we have almost an 80% chance of gaining a first down on any given play. We would never have to punt!!

3)it's Freddie Mitchell, "the people's champ", "first down Freddie", "fed-ex Freddie"...the man has delivered so many times he has garnered many nicknames.....by himself!!

Freddie just wants to win! Who cares if he calls out coaches and teammates, motivates the other team, and calls a fool for the fans! His lack of respect for the game can only enhance team chemistry, because he wants to win, catches only first downs, and has an awesome scouting report that's 6 years old!!

Everyone knows that Freddie Mitchell = WINNER!!
        First off, no one said he would be a pro bowl caliber receiver! This is an asinine statement! Second he is more productive then any receiver Denver currently has with the exception of Smith and Lelie. But of course all the blind faithfull think our current receiving corps is the greatest in Denver history! Not only homers but in the end daft morons! Sorry to be so harsh but I have seen little reason not to give this kid a shot, at worst he is an a** and we get rid of him, but if Denver fans think the current roster is filled with the future of the receiving corps, then I have something to sell them, a lombotomy! I may have issues with his mouth but Denver has a weak spot and this is it, I mean if Denver is going to trade for a veteran receiver, I am all for it. But Denver cannot ignore the need and at least this kid has said "I would love to play in Denver" and not only that but he likes Plummer as a quarterback. I mean that can create a better receiver, being in an atmosphere that makes you happy and Smith will be a mentor to him as he is to the others. And right now he is the best available slot receiver, we can wait till June 1st, or even after almost all the way thru pre season to add a veteran, then he has to learn the system quickly, try to gel with the other receivers and we could get someone even worse. Our receiving corps is made up of other teams rejects, non drafted free agents, one traded for and two drafted! Sorry that spells crap in my book, I like these kids but they need to develop, they were not even drafted most of them that is, and why? I mean your positions are not suppose to be 70% undrafted practice squad players, it doesn't work... And these kids some came from practice squads for teams whom needed receiver help! Ahhh Sh*t sign them quickly there soon to be the best ever, we got lucky with Smith, and lightning rarely strikes twice. Even if your a homer standing outside with a metal hanger....

Comment

i live close to philly so i get to see every eagles game and not near enough of the broncos. all freddie is know for is his 4-26 first down catch against greenbay. i don't have a problem with guys shooting there mouths off. but you sure as hell better back it up. freddie is a first round bust. we got to give are young guys a shot on the field. freddie had his shot and didn't do a damn thing with it.

Comment

just like my thread said what if 4&26 never happened

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
            Woodson makes the pick
            Lott takes it back

All for respect this is how the game should be played

Comment

Originally posted by HaroldWoods41SS
              just like my thread said what if 4&26 never happened
              Well I agree, and maybe Denver should look at Hakim, but I will say this DENVER NEEDS RECEIVER HELP! I do not care if we steal someone from Canada, but our current roster needs a receiver, that can help!

Comment

Darius Watts is the future i dont know how many times i have posted these 5 words

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
                Woodson makes the pick
                Lott takes it back

Comment

Darius Watts is the future i dont know how many times i have posted these 5 words
                  I never disagreed with you but you need to give him time, he is not a possession receiver nor can he alone help Denver. Last year all playoff teams had at least four productive receivers and two productive tight ends, Denver had three productive receivers and one productive tight end! And that is why Plummer had so many bad passes, he had less weapons then the other top ten quarterbacks! Watts could have 700 yards this season but we need a fourth to step it up and give another target and if these kids cannot Plummer will pay the price as will the team, unless for some reason Jackson, Luke or Crenshaw turn it up somehow, then we will not have that. I do agree Watts and Lelie will be the top two here in Denver but we need a receiver who can get short passes for a total of 300 to 400 yards in a season to help. As a fan you should understand that, I am not taking anything away from Watts, but he needs time. Remember when Lelie was in the third slot hom much trouble he had? Let's rotate Watts into the top two slots and get a possession receiver to hold the third.

Comment

i love how you said that darius watts had a great rookie season, despite the fact that he made absolutely no impact in any of denver's games period. whenever he HAD the chance to make an impact, he choked. none of his 5 catches last season made the slightest bit of difference in anything.
                    now just to be clear, i'm not ragging on him. i'm ragging on you for saying he had a great rookie season. that's like saying phillip rivers had an awesome rookie season. that being said, i would rather have him than freddie mitchell cuz freddie mitchell is a jackass.

Comment

Chad Johnson whore

Chad Johnson had no effect his rookie season

CJ
                      rec-28
                      yrds-329
                      adv-11.8
                      td-1

DW
                      rec-31
                      yrds-385
                      adv-12.4
                      TD-1

look aboy the same to me

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
                      Woodson makes the pick
                      Lott takes it back

Comment

Chad Johnson had no effect his rookie season

CJ
                        rec-28
                        yrds-329
                        adv-11.8
                        td-1

DW
                        rec-31
                        yrds-385
                        adv-12.4
                        TD-1

look aboy the same to me

Watts did better! Wow, is that a good omen or what!

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                        2. Taxes
                        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
                          i love how you said that darius watts had a great rookie season, despite the fact that he made absolutely no impact in any of denver's games period. whenever he HAD the chance to make an impact, he choked. none of his 5 catches last season made the slightest bit of difference in anything.
                          now just to be clear, i'm not ragging on him. i'm ragging on you for saying he had a great rookie season. that's like saying phillip rivers had an awesome rookie season. that being said, i would rather have him than freddie mitchell cuz freddie mitchell is a jackass.
                          i'm not saying that he had a randy moss rookie year rec-69 trds-1313 adv-19.0 tds-17

but he is teh future asd in yet to come

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
                          Woodson makes the pick
                          Lott takes it back

Comment

Freddy's hilights according to the denver post:

"In his four-year career, Mitchell played in 63 games and had 90 catches for 1,263 yards and five touchdowns. His best season came in 2003, when he had 35 catches. The biggest play of Mitchell's NFL career came during an NFC divisional playoff game against Green Bay in January 2004. He made a catch over the middle on a fourth-and-26 play that kept Philadelphia's postseason alive. "

Not sure if that is the kind of production we want.

Darrius Watts is only 59 catches, 878 yards, and 4 tds behind him after 1 season.
                            The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Drunk panda some what owned

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
                              Woodson makes the pick
                              Lott takes it back

Comment

Working...
                              X