one question will the Barrel be retired
    for barrel man

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
    Woodson makes the pick
    Lott takes it back

All for respect this is how the game should be played

Comment

I'm going to explain exactly why it is so hard to retire jerseys in this day and age, especially for a defensive back or running back. The NFL has stated that all numbers between 20 and 49 are to be reserved for runningbacks, safeties, fullbacks, cornerbacks and some tight ends. As of now, we have 8 cornerbacks, 1 fullback, 7 runningbacks, and 4 safeties. That adds up to 20 players, and this list doesnt include the 4 corners and 1 rb we just brought in through the draft an UDFA. Soit's pretty tight right now with 25 players having to take up 29 numbers. If we start retiring numbers, we're just chipping away at numbers that would need to be available for new players.

You retire T.D. and Atwater's # you have 27 left.

Now try to see what that would be like for all the rest of the positions on a team.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

Well, if Shannon Sharpe is considered to be the greatest Player at his position than a guy like that has to have his number retired.

Anytime you get to be the greatest Player at your position than that team should retire your jersey.

As for Terrell Davis and Steve Atwater, sure I'd like to see their number retired but I don't think I would be on demand for that. I would really dislike it if I did see anybody wearing #27 and #30 for the Denver Broncos but I'd get over it.

But Shannon Sharpe's #84 should be retired because he is the greatest TE in NFL History to this day.
        sigpic
        In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Conde
          Well, if Shannon Sharpe is considered to be the greatest Player at his position than a guy like that has to have his number retired.

Anytime you get to be the greatest Player at your position than that team should retire your jersey.

As for Terrell Davis and Steve Atwater, sure I'd like to see their number retired but I don't think I would be on demand for that. I would really dislike it if I did see anybody wearing #27 and #30 for the Denver Broncos but I'd get over it.

But Shannon Sharpe's #84 should be retired because he is the greatest TE in NFL History to this day.
          If you wear 27 as a Bronco you'd better be able to knock someone's ass out! Sorry, but Denver Broncos #27 = BOOM in my book. That number, if it is not retired, should be reserved for Safeties only.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigwheel
            although i see your points kyromid, think about this....Gayle Sayers had a short career as well, and he's a h.o.fr

you talk about Atwater's contribution being mostly noted for his crushing hits, isn't that the same for Lynch now?? I bet you that Lynch will be a first ballot h.o.fr.

Lynch is a borderline HOF at best. DB's and OL's have a very hard time getting in.

Sayers had a"short career", but played when players got less carries. If he got 80% or more of teams running carries, like more players do now, he'd have far superior numbers.

Plus, Gayle Sayers actually changed the way special teams are played. TD is not in his class.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

i would never wear 27 as Broncos but in high school i would

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
              Woodson makes the pick
              Lott takes it back

All for respect this is how the game should be played

Comment

Working...
              X