Jay Glazer - Reported, Denver is the dumbest Organization in Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Glazer - Reported, Denver is the dumbest Organization in Football

The whole NFL is starting to laugh at Denver as a football team. Jay Glazer said they have gone from one of the first class organizations to well below the Raiders image. With the signings of Courtney Brown, Gerald Warren, Todd Saurbrun, Bill Romanowski, Dale Carter, Eddie Kennison, Daryl Gardner, John Lynch (This makes no sence) and are whole offensive line. Shanahan is going from MasterMind to MasterIdiot. What has Denver done to deserve this, I mean Courtney Brown is probably top 5 Dlineman when healthy and as far as I know is never a problem. Gerald Warren has had a pretty good career, not #1 pick type career but not he gets about 4.5 sacks a year in Cleveland. Todd is a idiot, but who cares as long as he does is job, and John Lynch is one of the classiest guys around. I just don't understand why the NFL is so down on us. I know one thing they all will be swinging from our nutz when we win this division and I will laugh my butt off when they have to retrack everything they are saying about us. GO BRONCOS !!!!! This year lets when the FREAKING thing and along the way I think the players should never accept interviews and just laugh all the way to the super bowl.

So Jay Galzer's opinion represents the entire league? We are used to these types of comments and quite frankly it doesn't bother me any.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

its the offseason, these sports analysts have to do SOMETHING for to earn their living right ... well he's doing just that, writing useless junk to earn a living
      Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
      http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by jimdez7784
        The whole NFL is starting to laugh at Denver as a football team. Jay Glazer said they have gone from one of the first class organizations to well below the Raiders image. With the signings of Courtney Brown, Gerald Warren, Todd Saurbrun, Bill Romanowski, Dale Carter, Eddie Kennison, Daryl Gardner, John Lynch (This makes no sence) and are whole offensive line. Shanahan is going from MasterMind to MasterIdiot. What has Denver done to deserve this, I mean Courtney Brown is probably top 5 Dlineman when healthy and as far as I know is never a problem. Gerald Warren has had a pretty good career, not #1 pick type career but not he gets about 4.5 sacks a year in Cleveland. Todd is a idiot, but who cares as long as he does is job, and John Lynch is one of the classiest guys around. I just don't understand why the NFL is so down on us. I know one thing they all will be swinging from our nutz when we win this division and I will laugh my butt off when they have to retrack everything they are saying about us. GO BRONCOS !!!!! This year lets when the FREAKING thing and along the way I think the players should never accept interviews and just laugh all the way to the super bowl.
        Jay Glazer is laughing at the Broncos. Jay Glazer is not the NFL. And I have seen a lot of educated idiots who have the "credentials" Jay Glazer flaunts. So when is the last time he held a position in the administration of a football organization? He might have some points to consider if he weren't so enamored by his own reporting.

-----

Comment

He is just trying to stir things up a little bit with it being slow this time of year for football. It worked too, we are all talking about it. It seems to me like bashing the brocnos is the cool thing to do this off season.
          visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Comment

Originally posted by jimdez7784
            A lot of people around the league are laughing at us. Well, that doesn't matter. Most of the criticism is misplaced anyway. Signing the Browns DL wasn't a bad idea at all, in fact it was probably the best possible solution to fill an immediate need.

The real problem is that it was necessary in the first place. Probably the only criticism I've seen that was accurate was the article that pointed out how BAD Shanahan has been in drafting DL over the last 10 years. It's this consistent failure to effectively draft DL that makes him go out and grab every FA on the market. And, because FA DL are always very, very expensive, the only way he can afford to get good ones for anything like a reasonable amount of money is to take BIG chances on players who have serious question marks.

So he gets guys who have underachieved and hope to turn their careers around, guys who have been often injured and hope they can stay healthy, and guys who have character issues or contract problems with their teams and have worn out their welcome elsewhere. All these players have some sort of issue that limits their value to other less desparate teams. That's the only reason why the Broncos can afford them in the 1st place!

Imagine for instance if Courtney Brown were completely healthy! First, Cleveland would NEVER have let him go in the 1st place. And if they had, he'd want John Abraham type money (i.e. a $10 million plus signing bonus and a huge long-term contract). So the Broncos could never have signed him as a FA.

There's nothing wrong with the moves themselves, it's just that they are necessary that is a bad reflection on Shanahan's leadership!
            Last edited by Cugel; 05-24-2005, 12:46 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

We need to prepare ourselves for many hits in the press. All eyes are on us (because of our picks). We are under a microscope. Anyone who wants visibility and attention now, need only write about us! Good, bad, or indifferent. I hope our press office is ready for the onslaught.

Comment

Oh no, another person is talking smack about the Broncos!

Comment

Do you have a link?

I remember I read some articles written by him when he worked for sportsline, and I found them interesting.

I insist, there is a tendency among sportswriters to try to be "funny". Don't take overly seriously the comments and try to filter to get the substance, if there is any.

Comment

I would imagine that it would be this much negative press times 1,000,000 if we lose our 1st game. . . .
                    visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Comment

Maybe we are, maybe we aren't (the dumbest) but I thought that title had already been adopted by the Raiders as dubbed by their OWN HEAD COACH!. IMO the #5 offense and #4 defense in the league (and consistantly so) kinda disproves that whole "dumbest" label.

Comment

I think its funny how people are looking BACK now and trying to point out the Romanowski signing. Romanowski played incredible football for us, and helped win two SBs. How many here wouldn't take another handful of them to win more SBs given the lil 'trouble' that Bill caused when here?

Also...how they try to paint the Brown's defensive line front, as being trouble makers, or bad apples. Warrne and Brown has never been considered a bad seed. Saurbrun is just a punter... he's getting the same amount of press that Vanderjagt got when he sounded off about Manning and the coach a couple years ago. How much effect did that have on the team?? None.

The ONLY thing that is bringing alllll this talk about the Broncos is the Clarett signing. From that point on, its changed from "what are they doing signing the Browns"... to " what are they doing to signing ALLLLL these bad apples?"

If Clarett works out...then these idiots will never admit it. If he turns out to be a problem...then we'll never hear the end of it. Thats the nature of the business. How easy is it to be CRITICAL.. and then be able to seay "told you so"..... but when they are wrong, they simply will just talk about someone else they criticized.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                          I think its funny how people are looking BACK now and trying to point out the Romanowski signing. Romanowski played incredible football for us, and helped win two SBs. How many here wouldn't take another handful of them to win more SBs given the lil 'trouble' that Bill caused when here?

Also...how they try to paint the Brown's defensive line front, as being trouble makers, or bad apples. Warrne and Brown has never been considered a bad seed. Saurbrun is just a punter... he's getting the same amount of press that Vanderjagt got when he sounded off about Manning and the coach a couple years ago. How much effect did that have on the team?? None.

The ONLY thing that is bringing alllll this talk about the Broncos is the Clarett signing. From that point on, its changed from "what are they doing signing the Browns"... to " what are they doing to signing ALLLLL these bad apples?"

If Clarett works out...then these idiots will never admit it. If he turns out to be a problem...then we'll never hear the end of it. Thats the nature of the business. How easy is it to be CRITICAL.. and then be able to seay "told you so"..... but when they are wrong, they simply will just talk about someone else they criticized.
                          I think they'll admit it, but as an aside before they go into something else to bash. I do think you're definitely correct in that all the sports analysts will be waiting with baited breath for Clarett to screw up so they can be the first to be the "I knew it all along" guy.

Comment

Shannahan doesnt know what he's doing.
                            Does it bother you that a Bronco fan might like a NON Bronco? Deal with it!

Making fun of career threatening accidents because you dont agree with me is fun, right? Losers...

Comment

Originally posted by KellenWinslow81
                              Shannahan doesnt know what he's doing.
                              You don't win back to back Super Bowls and always have your team in the playoffs if you don't know what your doing. He is a hall of fame coach and if he wins one more Super Bowl, he will be considered one of the best coaches of all time.

Comment

Working...
                              X