PJ Alexander Tears ACL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PJ Alexander Tears ACL

ALEXANDER TEARS ACL: P.J. Alexander's season ended well before it began, as the third-year guard tore his anterior cruciate ligament, knocking him out of action for the upcoming season.

Alexander finished last season by playing in five regular-season games -- including the last three -- and the playoff game at Indianapolis. Those games represented the first on-field action of his career, and he played only on special teams in those contests. He dressed for all 16 regular-season games last year but didn't get off the bench in 11 of them.
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Did it happen after or before signing Spikes?

If it was after, Spikes would be a signing with the best of timings.

Comment

OUCH..........bummer

Comment

Man.............. o well....... Ive read his profile and I know he's a special player. Good thing we got Spikes......

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
          Man.............. o well....... Ive read his profile and I know he's a special player. Good thing we got Spikes......
          Yeah Spikes will do good hopefully.

Comment

Even more incentive to draft an Offensive Lineman.

Comment

Wasn't Carlisle the intended starter anyway?
              "3rd down and about 4 with 4 minutes to go. The Chiefs are 2 of 5 on third down conversions. Now they come out with a tight slot outside of Tony Gonzalez on the right, in motion now. Green drops back to throw, he's in pressure! He can get him, Green pulls away by the jersey. Now avoids Pope! Green on the run, throws, pass is INTERCEPTED CHAMP BAILEY! Bailey has it and that is his first interception as a Bronco, Broncos ball on the 32 yard line."

Comment

Originally posted by AgeingBronco
                yeah, but we always have injuries. depth is valued in denver.
                My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

I wonder if it was his first ACL tear. It's possible he could have torn an implant/graft from a old corrected injury.
                  Last edited by BroncoInATL; 05-24-2005, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AgeingBronco
                    Yes, but it was recently reported that Alexander was pushing Carlisle for the starting spot.

Too bad... O-line depth is something we don't have.

Spikes signing... Coincidence/great timing or reaction???
                    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                      Yes, but it was recently reported that Alexander was pushing Carlisle for the starting spot.

Too bad... O-line depth is something we don't have.

Spikes signing... Coincidence/great timing or reaction???
                      In one of your posts in another thread you mention a conspiracy (the one about the odds), well, what if... the Broncos already knew about Alexander's injury when they called Spikes, but didn't say anything to keep his price low... wouldn't be very ethical.

Comment

or the broncos said there was an injury so that he would be persuaded to come to denver (if playing time could be a good possibility)

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo_Bronco
                          In one of your posts in another thread you mention a conspiracy (the one about the odds), well, what if... the Broncos already knew about Alexander's injury when they called Spikes, but didn't say anything to keep his price low... wouldn't be very ethical.
                          Interesting, but I looked in to the timing of it all and it doesn't make sense.

From KFFL...

Broncos | Spikes Signed
                          Mon, 23 May 2005 09:59:58 -0700

Broncos | Spikes Joins His Teammates at Practice
                          Mon, 23 May 2005 15:00:34 -0700

Broncos | Alexander Lost for the Season
                          Tue, 24 May 2005 20:40:44 -0700

Unless Alexander was actually injured sometime before 10:00 on Monday morning then I don't see it as being likely. Granted, Andrew Mason made the report that KFFL was referring to, but it's likely that the injury happened Tuesday afternoon - a day and a half after Spikes was signed.

Quoting an article about the Spikes signing...

"Spikes noted that he worked at right guard during his first practice. That spot was Dan Neil's domain for most of the past seven seasons, but Cooper Carlisle started there for the last month of the 2004 campaign, and P.J. Alexander rests in the mix, as well."

No conspiracy here I'm afraid....
                          Winter is Coming!

Comment

Damn those motorcycles!

In all seriousness, i read in the rockymountain news today that the injury occurred on friday, so the spikes signing was in response to it. Well, at least guard is one position we have a lot of players i'm interested to see play: sewell, myers, clabo (even though it looks like he's better at tackle), and now spikes. Sure wouldn't have minded adding evan mathis' name to that list, oh well. I'm really not sold on hamilton or carlisle as starters though.

*edit* Oops, you beat me to it MnG.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                            ABWRFRC

Comment

Originally posted by PRBronco
                              Damn those motorcycles!

In all seriousness, i read in the rockymountain news today that the injury occurred on friday, so the spikes signing was in response to it. Well, at least guard is one position we have a lot of players i'm interested to see play: sewell, myers, clabo (even though it looks like he's better at tackle), and now spikes. Sure wouldn't have minded adding evan mathis' name to that list, oh well. I'm really not sold on hamilton or carlisle as starters though.

*edit* Oops, you beat me to it MnG.
                              Wait wait wait.... No kiddin, PR? There might be merit to the theory after all. Not that it's THAT big of a deal (we must be bored)

Did you read it in the actual paper? This story doesn't mention when it happened....

Hmmm....
                              Winter is Coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X