X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoStampede
    replied
    Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
    Turns out he didn't get injured during last Friday's practice after all.

He actually pulled a "Kellen Winslow, Jr.".

Nonetheless, the conspiracy still lives!!!
    Yea whats up with the Broncos saying he tore his ACL in practice when it really happened in a 4 wheeler accident. If it happened the weekend before the Broncos released the news, they definentely knew that he was gone when they signed Spikes.

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Turns out he didn't get injured during last Friday's practice after all.

He actually pulled a "Kellen Winslow, Jr.".

Nonetheless, the conspiracy still lives!!!

Leave a comment:

• PRBronco
    replied
    Yep, the Post article it was...

"Alexander tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Friday during practice at the Broncos' quarterback camp. Coach Mike Shanahan was unavailable for comment Tuesday, and Alexander's agent, Neil Schwartz, declined comment."

But it doesn't matter now, right? No one's going to care.

Let's see.... should I read the thread about a possible conspiracy involving back up Guards, or do I read the thread about the GOAT Jerry Rice becoming a Bronco.

Hmmm....
    Hehehe, i'll stick with the guards....freakin goat

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Originally posted by PRBronco
    Hmm, musta been the post then, i can't remember, i read em both when i get to work in the morning (before everyone else gets here).
    Yep, the Post article it was...

"Alexander tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Friday during practice at the Broncos' quarterback camp. Coach Mike Shanahan was unavailable for comment Tuesday, and Alexander's agent, Neil Schwartz, declined comment."

But it doesn't matter now, right? No one's going to care.

Let's see.... should I read the thread about a possible conspiracy involving back up Guards, or do I read the thread about the GOAT Jerry Rice becoming a Bronco.

Hmmm....

Leave a comment:

• PRBronco
    replied
    Wait wait wait.... No kiddin, PR? There might be merit to the theory after all. Not that it's THAT big of a deal (we must be bored)

Did you read it in the actual paper? This story doesn't mention when it happened....

Hmmm....
    Hmm, musta been the post then, i can't remember, i read em both when i get to work in the morning (before everyone else gets here).

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Originally posted by PRBronco
    Damn those motorcycles!

In all seriousness, i read in the rockymountain news today that the injury occurred on friday, so the spikes signing was in response to it. Well, at least guard is one position we have a lot of players i'm interested to see play: sewell, myers, clabo (even though it looks like he's better at tackle), and now spikes. Sure wouldn't have minded adding evan mathis' name to that list, oh well. I'm really not sold on hamilton or carlisle as starters though.

*edit* Oops, you beat me to it MnG.
    Wait wait wait.... No kiddin, PR? There might be merit to the theory after all. Not that it's THAT big of a deal (we must be bored)

Did you read it in the actual paper? This story doesn't mention when it happened....

Hmmm....

Leave a comment:

• PRBronco
    replied
    Damn those motorcycles!

In all seriousness, i read in the rockymountain news today that the injury occurred on friday, so the spikes signing was in response to it. Well, at least guard is one position we have a lot of players i'm interested to see play: sewell, myers, clabo (even though it looks like he's better at tackle), and now spikes. Sure wouldn't have minded adding evan mathis' name to that list, oh well. I'm really not sold on hamilton or carlisle as starters though.

*edit* Oops, you beat me to it MnG.

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Originally posted by Amigo_Bronco
    In one of your posts in another thread you mention a conspiracy (the one about the odds), well, what if... the Broncos already knew about Alexander's injury when they called Spikes, but didn't say anything to keep his price low... wouldn't be very ethical.
    Interesting, but I looked in to the timing of it all and it doesn't make sense.

From KFFL...

Broncos | Spikes Signed
    Mon, 23 May 2005 09:59:58 -0700

Broncos | Spikes Joins His Teammates at Practice
    Mon, 23 May 2005 15:00:34 -0700

Broncos | Alexander Lost for the Season
    Tue, 24 May 2005 20:40:44 -0700

Unless Alexander was actually injured sometime before 10:00 on Monday morning then I don't see it as being likely. Granted, Andrew Mason made the report that KFFL was referring to, but it's likely that the injury happened Tuesday afternoon - a day and a half after Spikes was signed.

Quoting an article about the Spikes signing...

"Spikes noted that he worked at right guard during his first practice. That spot was Dan Neil's domain for most of the past seven seasons, but Cooper Carlisle started there for the last month of the 2004 campaign, and P.J. Alexander rests in the mix, as well."

No conspiracy here I'm afraid....

Leave a comment:

• Sharpey
    replied
    or the broncos said there was an injury so that he would be persuaded to come to denver (if playing time could be a good possibility)

Leave a comment:

• Amigo_Bronco
    replied
    Yes, but it was recently reported that Alexander was pushing Carlisle for the starting spot.

Too bad... O-line depth is something we don't have.

Spikes signing... Coincidence/great timing or reaction???
    In one of your posts in another thread you mention a conspiracy (the one about the odds), well, what if... the Broncos already knew about Alexander's injury when they called Spikes, but didn't say anything to keep his price low... wouldn't be very ethical.

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Originally posted by AgeingBronco
    Wasn't Carlisle the intended starter anyway?
    Yes, but it was recently reported that Alexander was pushing Carlisle for the starting spot.

Too bad... O-line depth is something we don't have.

Spikes signing... Coincidence/great timing or reaction???

Leave a comment:

• BroncoInATL
    replied
    I wonder if it was his first ACL tear. It's possible he could have torn an implant/graft from a old corrected injury.
    Last edited by BroncoInATL; 05-24-2005, 09:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosB2B
    replied
    Originally posted by AgeingBronco
    yeah, but we always have injuries. depth is valued in denver.

Leave a comment:

• AgeingBronco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Even more incentive to draft an Offensive Lineman.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X