Champ Bailey Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Bailey Question

Does any one know how many times quarterbacks threw in Champ's way?

more than we all thought they would

Comment

Yeah....I'm sure Champ was thinking the same thing....but the 'new' no-touch rule will hamper a lot of defenders as it did last year.....
      "Go away kid, you bother me"....W.C. Fields

Comment

Originally posted by Denver'sChamp
        Well any QB that saw film after those first few weeks, where practically everyone tested him and saw him get burnt, probably threw in his direction a bit more I would think.
        sigpic

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece- John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by Denver '78
          Well any QB that saw film after those first few weeks, where practically everyone tested him and saw him get burnt, probably threw in his direction a bit more I would think.
          Well, an anemic pass rush tends to make a QB less worried about who is covering whom. No matter who is back there, they can't cover today's receivers for so long that the QB can pause for a little lunch before deciding to throw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver'sChamp
            3 times. Trent Green threw him a pass in the opener. Carson Palmer on MNF. And Aaron Brooks hit him in the endzone.

Comment

Its was his first year in a new D and the first year with that new rule! IHOPE they keep throwing the ball towards him because this year he will only be better!
              sigpic

Comment

Not sure.

I do know that Bailey was in single man coverage around 560 total plays. The next DB in th league with plays in single man coverage is almost 200 less.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                  Not sure.

I do know that Bailey was in single man coverage around 560 total plays. The next DB in th league with plays in single man coverage is almost 200 less.
                  Good point. And, as I implied, he was doing it with one of the lesser effective pass rushes.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                    Good point. And, as I implied, he was doing it with one of the lesser effective pass rushes.

-----

It's actually quite an impressive stat if you think about it.

He gave up I think 4TD's. And maybe 10 or so big plays throughout the year.

That's 1 big play in 40 plays of single man coverage. Without a pass rush.

And the crazy thing is I've heard people go to the extreme and say "Champ Bailey Sucks!!".

It's downright laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenis7
                      3 times. Trent Green threw him a pass in the opener. Carson Palmer on MNF. And Aaron Brooks hit him in the endzone.
                      dont forget what porter did to him
                      sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                        It's actually quite an impressive stat if you think about it.

He gave up I think 4TD's. And maybe 10 or so big plays throughout the year.

That's 1 big play in 40 plays of single man coverage. Without a pass rush.

And the crazy thing is I've heard people go to the extreme and say "Champ Bailey Sucks!!".

It's downright laughable.
                        Well, it would be if their ignorance were not so pathetic.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Caliraiderhater
                          Its was his first year in a new D and the first year with that new rule! IHOPE they keep throwing the ball towards him because this year he will only be better!
                          I agree, Champ is the man and this year is the year where he will shut up all the doubters out there.
                          BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
                          IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by bornbroncofan
                            I agree, Champ is the man and this year is the year where he will shut up all the doubters out there.
                            His play last year should have done that, had they known anything about football.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by cuuda
                              Yeah....I'm sure Champ was thinking the same thing....but the 'new' no-touch rule will hamper a lot of defenders as it did last year.....
                              Yea know that Champ is more use to i he'll start to get more picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X