Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article about the Broncos and Shanahan's interview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you?

Originally posted by Mr_Bueno
    Don't care to talk football, huh?
    Now . . . um . . . who brought up Rush Limbaugh and Mother Teresa?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
      Looks like the present tense to me:

"Throw Manning into the mix and the running game is the only threat they have."

-----
      Well, I was talking about last season, but what the hell....

So you're saying that he performed well and that the giants had a good season last year? You're also saying that you expect him to have a complete 180 in his performance this year too?

I think he will show signs of improvement this coming year, but I would expect very similar results considering he hasn't played a full season yet. I still think that Tiki will be the main threat and the offense will center around him until Manning has a better grasp of the offense.

Comment

Now . . . um . . . who brought up Rush Limbaugh and Mother Teresa?

-----

You argue just to argue, huh?

Comment

Well

You argue just to argue, huh?
          I can see you haven't been here long. Why don't you review my 2,000+ posts and see just what I do?

Meanwhile, take care you don't make personal aspirations against someone who just may have fans on these boards. Then you will get along just fine.

-----

Comment

Okay

Well, I was talking about last season, but what the hell....

So you're saying that he performed well and that the giants had a good season last year? You're also saying that you expect him to have a complete 180 in his performance this year too?

I think he will show signs of improvement this coming year, but I would expect very similar results considering he hasn't played a full season yet. I still think that Tiki will be the main threat and the offense will center around him until Manning has a better grasp of the offense.
            Now that you've clarified it, we're good.

-----

Comment

I can see you haven't been here long. Why don't you review my 2,000+ posts and see just what I do?

Meanwhile, take care you don't make personal aspirations against someone who just may have fans on these boards. Then you will get along just fine.

-----

You're right... Post Count is everything... everything else is meaningless. Opinions don't matter until you have at least 1000 posts.

As for the 2nd statement, there'd be no point in even getting on a MB if I have to worry about stepping on someone's toes. That's the beauty. I an voice my opinion that I'm entitled to. What a concept! I didn't realize Bronco fans carried Eli Manning so close to their hearts that they couldn't accept a factual statement that might criticize a rookie QB in some way.

Besides, if you read my original post, I've been sticking up for the Broncos and the moves they've made this offseason. Do you always make it a point to try and ostricize someone who posts here and says something positive about your team?

Somehow, I've got a feeling that if you thought I was a Bronco fan, you wouldn't even be responding...

Comment

Now that you've clarified it, we're good.

-----

Good Luck with that. Hopefully, everything in Gumdrop Fantasyland will work out for you as you hope and dream it will....

Comment

Post count?

You're right... Post Count is everything... everything else is meaningless. Opinions don't matter until you have at least 1000 posts.

As for the 2nd statement, there'd be no point in even getting on a MB if I have to worry about stepping on someone's toes. That's the beauty. I an voice my opinion that I'm entitled to. What a concept! I didn't realize Bronco fans carried Eli Manning so close to their hearts that they couldn't accept a factual statement that might criticize a rookie QB in some way.

Besides, if you read my original post, I've been sticking up for the Broncos and the moves they've made this offseason. Do you always make it a point to try and ostricize someone who posts here and says something positive about your team?

Somehow, I've got a feeling that if you thought I was a Bronco fan, you wouldn't even be responding...
                  Now, what kind of response is that, other than getting offended? All I was pointing out was that you do not know me and what I post, not having been here long. I added that I have plenty of background here to investigate and see what I do post. I didn't say anything to even imply that "post count" mattered between you and me. It wasn't long ago that I had a very small post count. In fact . . .

Welcome to the boards!

Also, I was not concerned about your saying something about Eli Manning. I don't carry him "close to [my] heart." I am not even a fan of his. I was concerned about setting the facts, as you pointed out, straight. You said something in a way that I took as present tense when you meant past tense. No biggie. I've done that. So, when you cleared it up, I think my response was, "All is good," wasn't it?

What I did take excpetion to was your reference to Rush Limbaugh. Originally, I just wanted to know exactly what you meant, so I reacted in a way typical to these boards (so it would be good for you to get used to it). You see, I'm a fan of his, so you heard from me. If I say something about someone to whom you are a fan, I am sure I will hear from you. There is no need to get into a running battle about this.

In fact, I believe I have said all I can say about it. You can accept it or not, but I am not going to continue on this issue. It is my last post on it in the interest of argument or explanation.

-----
                  Last edited by topscribe; 05-27-2005, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Now, what kind of response is that, other than getting offended? All I was pointing out was that you do not know me and what I post, not having been here long. I added that I have plenty of background here to investigate and see what I do post. I didn't say anything to even imply that "post count" mattered between you and me. It wasn't long ago that I had a very small post count. In fact . . .

Welcome to the boards!

Also, I was not concerned about your saying something about Eli Manning. I don't carry him "close to [my] heart." I am not even a fan of his. I was concerned about setting the facts, as you pointed out, straight. You said something in a way that I took as present tense when you meant past tense. No biggie. I've done that. So, when you cleared it up, I think my response was, "All is good," wasn't it?

What I did take excpetion to was your reference to Rush Limbaugh. Originally, I just wanted to know exactly what you meant, so I reacted in a way typical to these boards (so it would be good for you to get used to it). You see, I'm a fan of his, so you heard from me. If I say something about someone to whom you are a fan, I am sure I will hear from you. There is not need to get into a running battle about this.

In fact, I believe I have said all I can say about it. You can accept it or not, but I am not going to continue on this issue. It is my last post on it in the interest of argument or explanation.

-----

Try visiting
                    http://eagles.hosttown.com/

It is the best website and MB in the NFL.

Then you can get an idea of where I come from...

Comment

Try visiting
                      http://eagles.hosttown.com/

It is the best website and MB in the NFL.

Then you can get an idea of where I come from...
                      You're an Eagles fan? I thought you were a Broncos fan. Not that it matters; you're still welcome, and I believe I speak for all of us Bronco fans (well, except for maybe a couple here and there). In fact, my sister and her husband are rabid Eagles fans, and they live in Allentown.

-----

Comment

You're an Eagles fan? I thought you were a Broncos fan. Not that it matters; you're still welcome, and I believe I speak for all of us Bronco fans (well, except for maybe a couple here and there). In fact, my sister and her husband are rabid Eagles fans, and they live in Allentown.

-----

I live in Denver so I'm up on most of my Broncos news. Not here to talk smack, Just checking in to see what the thoughts were on the new signings.

Comment

I live in Denver so I'm up on most of my Broncos news. Not here to talk smack, Just checking in to see what the thoughts were on the new signings.
                          Well, as I said, welcome.

-----

Comment

There is a great deal of interest in us and it is clear that many are worried. If our picks are as bad as some of these writers figure, why bother writing anything on us? It would be more logical to just ignore us and spend their attention on those who have done the "right" things. . . But they won't because we are hot!!! Shanny is pulling together his master plan!

Some one on the board should probably develop a rating system for all these articles since we have a long, long wait until our first game.

It is also clear by the questioning in the interview, that there is concern about how we are training and nurturing Clarett. Remember, he was scheduled to be picked by other teams, but Shanny beat them to the draw and surprised them! He made it clear, the situation is well under control here and he has lots of support.

Comment

Hey we are critizied every year, even when we win out 1st playoff game, they will still find something to B***H about
                              Made by SNK16

Comment

Basically, there aren't many things different to what other sportswriters have said. What has caught my attention from this article (and most articles talking about Denver) is the emphasis on Clarett, Dayne and now Rice.

First, putting things in perspective, I don't remember a situation where a RB competing to be 4th or 5th in the depth chart, a WR competing for a 4th or 5th spot and a late (compensatory pick late) 3rd round pick have created such a big hype.

Now, as a comment, it's very common that sportswriters quote "the GM of an NFC team", "somebody close to the FO of a AFC...", why don't they tell what they think? Well, that's a secondary comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X