Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncofan-13
    replied
    I play Defensive End, outside linebacker, and Im also on the kickoff team. In other words, I hit people all game, and what fun it is!

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by Interpol
    No, guess again. I played at LBCC for one year, went to UCLA and played only one year there. I actually screwed my knee in off season. I was going to be ready to play the next year, but my mom died and I kind of put football(and school) off for a while, never got back into the swing of it.

I didn't start, I was moving my way up the depth chart, but everything kind of went south for me.

That was the first name that popped into my head from around that time period. I am from PA, so I probably wouldn't be able ot guess......

Sucks about your knee.

If you were in shape, would you use your two years to try and earn a scholarship again and finish your education? Or have you finished anyway? You'd be like a new Chris Weinke! (only better, I am sure!)

Leave a comment:

• Interpol
    replied
    No, guess again. I played at LBCC for one year, went to UCLA and played only one year there. I actually screwed my knee in off season. I was going to be ready to play the next year, but my mom died and I kind of put football(and school) off for a while, never got back into the swing of it.

I didn't start, I was moving my way up the depth chart, but everything kind of went south for me.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by Interpol
    I played college ball at UCLA when Tommy Maddox and Kareem-Abdul were there. Kareem is one funny mother, there was never a dull moment when he was on the field. Its kind of weird watching Tommy Maddox still play in the NFL, it really feels weird.

I played WR, but tore my ACL one season. After surgery and rehab, my mom died, and I never even tried to play football again. I actually have two years of eligibilty left if they let me use them (its been too long, I doubt they would let me play again)

Are you LaChappelle?

Leave a comment:

• Interpol
    replied
    I played college ball at UCLA when Tommy Maddox and Kareem-Abdul were there. Kareem is one funny mother, there was never a dull moment when he was on the field. Its kind of weird watching Tommy Maddox still play in the NFL, it really feels weird.

I played WR, but tore my ACL one season. After surgery and rehab, my mom died, and I never even tried to play football again. I actually have two years of eligibilty left if they let me use them (its been too long, I doubt they would let me play again)

Leave a comment:

• JAKE_THE_SNAKE
    replied
    I played in college and tryed for the nfl but on draft day no one picked me.i was about to be the very last player to get picked but some punk punter from brazil took my spot.now im here and im old and i play cheackers.life would of been good if i made it by the last team was the raiders so good thing i didnt get picked!!!!(they had a good qb (i play qb) and there punter sucked so they got that dude(brazil man).stinks on tundra

Leave a comment:

• Aardwolf
    replied
    Another thread too good to bury!

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    I went to the street Pro Bowl at WR/CB. Also made it to the Street All-Star game at Rocky Ridge Park in Aurora!

Leave a comment:

• rascal
    replied
    I played both ways in highschool. During highschool I played defense at:
    Outside linebacker my freshman year, moved to MLB my sophmore year and junior year I moved to DE, and my senior year I played DT or DE depending upon the opponent.
    For offense:
    I played TE my freshman and sophmore years. Played tackle my junior and senior years.

During college I played tackle/guard.

After my knee blewout I have played TE, MLB, and QB, yes QB, for league games and still do today. I loved DE and LB the best.

And I have all of my jerseys so I am sure it would make a girl wearing it look very......I'll gotta go
    Last edited by rascal; 11-03-2003, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aardwolf
    replied
    At some point I have played every position but the ones that worked out the best were quarterback, wide receiver and defensive backfield. I really enjoyed the instinctive aspect of playing linebacker but the coaches always moved me to the backfield because of my former speed. However, running back never worked out real well because I tended to run too verticle. My contemporaries included John Matuszak, Dave Casper and Bill Kazmeier.

I have also been a coach for several teams over the years but I don't do that any more, either. I have a number of friends who still are either coaching at the high school level or are ADs. I enjoy the play design process, particularly renovating old stuff. I still love to tinker with adapting the old single wing plays to being more condusive to passing. The power and deception of the single wing is devistating and when adapted to passing it can be nearly impossible to stop. We have even designed and sold playbooks to other coaches.
    Last edited by Aardwolf; 11-03-2003, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• orang/blu in LA
    replied
    well, i've never played... i always thought it would be such a cool life - but then i think i'd be too nervous watching my husband or boyfriend out there...everytime he got hit my heart would stop!! but aspects of the life would be fun. my friend's dad was a QB for the Cowboys and then was an announcer - and he told me that when he was little and living in PA that the Eagles helicopter would land in their field and pick his dad (and him) up to take them to the games for MNF! what a life, huh?! see THAT would be fun. but having to watch the person you love get injured - or almost be injured...that i couldn't handle for long. no matter the perks, that would take its toll on me.

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    I saw some of that this past Halloween!

Hey Real Bronco: BSU lit it up...in the snow!

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    well then just go to one of them sports shops and pick up some replica uniforms with cute little plastic helmets and pads...

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by CrazyAsian
    Just strap on some pillows and throw a jersey over ya!

???

LOL

No, CA, the jersey would be too small.

It is from the 9th grade.....

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    Just strap on some pillows and throw a jersey over ya!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X