Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh?

Originally posted by Champs Chumps
    I love the Broncos, but Smith, Elam, Wilson, Nalen? No dice... outside of Denver they are not considered the elite at their position... I can name players at each position ahead of them... Smith (Marvin Harrison) Elam (Vinaterri) Wilson (Ray Lewis) Nalen (Will Shields)...
    Smith: Long respected by his peers as one of the finest in the game today.

Elam: Mr. Automatic is considered by many as the finest in the game.

Wilson: Ray Lewis considers him elite.

Nalen: Perennial Pro Bowl not elite?

I do not necessarily consider them as HOF material at this point. But you seemed to go a little too far.

-----

Comment

HOF worthy on Denver's team... hmm

Elam I think should at the end of his career. He is one of the best kickers in the league today. Lynch I believe will make the HOF as well. Perhaps Bailey at the end of his career too.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
        HOF worthy on Denver's team... hmm

Elam I think should at the end of his career. He is one of the best kickers in the league today. Lynch I believe will make the HOF as well. Perhaps Bailey at the end of his career too.
        Well, I am a rabid Lynch fan, make no mistake about it.
        But Lynch in the HOF and Atwater and Billy Thompson not?

-----

Comment

Rod Will Be a HOFer

He is the only player in NFL history to be undrafted and have over 9,000 receiving yards. He will have 12,000+ when he is done and 90+ TD's, At least two rings Hopefully more =) and a great person to the fans and the media. How does Rod not get in?

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
            Well, I am a rabid Lynch fan, make no mistake about it.
            But Lynch in the HOF and Atwater and Billy Thompson not?

-----
            Lynch won't make it for being with Denver. He will be in it for the Bucs. Atwater I don't know about if they would add him to the HOF. They might you never know.
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
              Lynch won't make it for being with Denver. He will be in it for the Bucs. Atwater I don't know about if they would add him to the HOF. They might you never know.
              I doubt it. But I can go way back on who should be there, starting with Lionel Taylor and Floyd Little. But I get the impression that, once you get west of the Mississippi, you have to go all the way to California before it dawns on the selection committee that you exist. But I suppose all teams have a player or two they think should be there.

-----

Comment

Jake the snake

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                  Smith: Long respected by his peers as one of the finest in the game today.

Elam: Mr. Automatic is considered by many as the finest in the game.

Wilson: Ray Lewis considers him elite.

Nalen: Perennial Pro Bowl not elite?

I do not necessarily consider them as HOF material at this point. But you seemed to go a little too far.

-----
                  My whole point is that these are great players... but not HOF'er... sometimes we get the homer-glasses on and over-value our own players. Look- in the late 80's, early 90's the Broncos won a bunch of playoff games, and 3 AFC championship games... yet 1- count them-1 player from that team is in the HOF.
                  The late 90's won back-to-back SB's... and that team has 1 in... Obviously others are headed there... or at least a shot.... Sharpe... Zimmerman... Atwater.... and Davis...
                  But the Broncos of the Early 2000's have not accomplished anything... and we have not been a one man team. I love Smith... but he just doesn't wow people or put up the numbers like a Harrison or a Moss etc... consistant yes... great- yes. HOF-no.... and Elam is a kicker... how many kickers are in? And if they choose one from this era, it will be Vinateri---- 2 winning fg's in SB's.

My point isn't to rip the broncos... but let's be realistic guys... The last 2 years... there have been 2 modern day players selected (Elway/Sanders... Marino/Young)
                  Can you say that any Bronco could be in that very, very elite top tier?
                  Yes, one- Rice.
                  sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
                  Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Champs Chumps
                    My whole point is that these are great players... but not HOF'er... sometimes we get the homer-glasses on and over-value our own players. Look- in the late 80's, early 90's the Broncos won a bunch of playoff games, and 3 AFC championship games... yet 1- count them-1 player from that team is in the HOF.
                    The late 90's won back-to-back SB's... and that team has 1 in... Obviously others are headed there... or at least a shot.... Sharpe... Zimmerman... Atwater.... and Davis...
                    But the Broncos of the Early 2000's have not accomplished anything... and we have not been a one man team. I love Smith... but he just doesn't wow people or put up the numbers like a Harrison or a Moss etc... consistant yes... great- yes. HOF-no.... and Elam is a kicker... how many kickers are in? And if they choose one from this era, it will be Vinateri---- 2 winning fg's in SB's.

My point isn't to rip the broncos... but let's be realistic guys... The last 2 years... there have been 2 modern day players selected (Elway/Sanders... Marino/Young)
                    Can you say that any Bronco could be in that very, very elite top tier?
                    Yes, one- Rice.
                    Well, Rice would not be very satisfying from a Bronco viewpoint, I think. He did most of his damage with San Francisco. Regarding other Broncos, I assume you are still talking about modern players, as you alluded earlier. I can think of a few over the years. However, I infer that you wish to discuss the contemporary players.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by wise-guy ehh
                      I don't think the current Patriots are a team loaded with future hall of famers either. Do you?

No- the Pat's aren't loaded with HOF'ers--- Brady is in... some others may get rewarded (Law, Vinateri)... but that's part of my point with my rants...
                      Can you name any team that has 4-5 future Hall of Famers on its roster now.
                      I'm saying the Broncos have 1--- and its' Rice...

But on these posts... people keep saying there are 4-5 HOF'ers on Denver's team right now... no way... Rice and just Rice... quote me now... and check with me in 15 years... I'll still be right.
                      sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
                      Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                      X