Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of running game do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of running game do you prefer?

The consistant running game where you have a big back (think M/A) plowing for 3-5 yards every time, or a smaller back like CP where he may have a one yard gain, but may also have a 60 yard gain.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

I like the 1-2 punch have a big back get like 3-5 yards then have the speedy back get like 6-10 yards. But i've always like the featured back who can do both and doesnt need to split carries.
    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

ive always liked a running game that can break it open

Comment

I prefer a power back such as Jamal Lewis-with out drugs. Power backs can wear down defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
          The consistant running game where you have a big back (think M/A) plowing for 3-5 yards every time, or a smaller back like CP where he may have a one yard gain, but may also have a 60 yard gain.
          C-PO was a little more consistent at picking up yards than what you are trying to make him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
            C-PO was a little more consistent at picking up yards than what you are trying to make him out to be.
            Q is the type of back that will get dropped in the back field every few plays. CP wasn't that type. He had a lot more toughness than a lot of people give hime credit for. Remember when he trucked Brian Urlacher in 2003?

On the topic of the thread - I like a RB that can consistently get 4-7 yards but also has the strength to run inside and the speed to get outside, and the ability to take it the distance.
            My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

What kind of running game do you prefer?

An effective one.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

Indeed . . .

Originally posted by Jared
                An effective one.
                The Gettysburg Address syndrome: Sometimes the best comment is one with the fewest words.

I was going to post my response, but you stole my thunder. Good show.

-----

Comment

We have big backs, such as Ron Dayne and Mike Anderson. They should be the backs to go in on first down and tire the defensive front with their "muscle." Then we bring in one of our speedsters, such as Tatum Bell or Quentin Griffon, to cut through the weakness, and gain a 50-60 yarder for a touchdown.

Comment

I remember watching a Colorado Buffalo / Nebraska game on a thansksgiving day weekend where the Buffs kept running a few plays and everytime it was a huge hole with a major rushing gain.

That was fun to watch.

In the pros, that doesn't happen much as the defense seems to adjust.

In the pros, its fun to watch the rushing game get established in the 1st quarter which opens up the play action for the rest of the game. I also enjoy watching a team on defense defeated by the pounding of a 1-2-3 rushing attack. If I can see the Broncos performing this, EFFIn yes!!!.

I don't like seeing Payton Manning picking apart a secondary and then seeing their weak ass running game getting 12 yards a pop as the secondary and LBs dsrop back on play action. yuk

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

Comment

For those of you that talk about how CP was better than that, not when he first got here he wasnt, he danced alot, so he got stuffed alot, yes by the second year he was consitant, but the beginnin wasnt like htat
                      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I prefer a CP or Tatum Bell type back that runs mostly between the tackles but can go out side the tackles if needed.

Give CP a break. He didn't play running back in HS or his freshman year at UM.

Comment

What did he play?
                          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I like the terrell davis type

U every noticed terrell and jamal lewis run the same but jamal is one crack head
                            I like powerful and speedy back but i really like cliton portis running stlye

Comment

Originally posted by P-NUT33
                              I like the terrell davis type

U every noticed terrell and jamal lewis run the same but jamal is one crack head
                              I like powerful and speedy back but i really like cliton portis running stlye
                              No no, not crack head, cocaine facilitator.

I wonder if his new nickname is "honeypie"?

HAHAHAHAHA

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                              You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                              X