No announcement yet.

3 months until the season starts and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 months until the season starts and...

Before I was a member here, last year during the season, I viewed the forums.

It seemed like a great place here, and I was very excited to join.
    There was one thing that bothered me though. It seemed after every game, no matter the outcome, there were always people complaining about something.
    If you're a Broncos fan, and you are here because of that, then you should cheer for your team.

Of course there will be frustration if we're 0-4 or something, or if we've lost 5 in a row, but as soon as we lose two games, it always gets to (or from what I've seen) something like "I told you Shannahan needs to go" or "Plummer's really ruining the team."

You base a few moments on your entire perspective of a player.

Think of what Mike Shannahan has brought to us in the past. It wasn't entirely the Running backs, or Elway. It's a TEAM sport, EVERYONE plays a role in it.

Jake Plummer has potential, and while I can see why people don't like him, you honestly have to give him a couple years to get used to the system.

So whether we start off 4-0, or 0-4, or anywhere in between, or whether you are a Broncos fan, or a Raiders fan, whether you are a new member or an old member, try to keep the confidence up a little bit this year. There's nothing like going onto a Broncos Message board to see a bunch of broncos fans complaining about every little thing of the broncos.

Can we have a good season this year, AND have all the members of the forum (try) to get a long, and root for the team we love, the broncos
    Administrator

sigpic

You're right man, it got pretty atrocious. I was shocked to see how down people who claim to be fans can get. Sure, during the game, if jake threw a pick or someone fumbled i would freak out and swear at him, but 3 seconds later I'm a fan again, but some people stay angry for the whole week! That's just not healthy. I remember someone absolutely tweaked on me for suggesting they cool down. Wasn't real fun. There's also the new members popping up after every game proclaiming that the apocalypse was here, and Q was the antichrist, and the obnoxious fans from other teams. Remember the saints fans? Geaux this and geaux that! Man, i went to their board after the game and told them to geaux <expletive> themselves.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

Comment

I was gonna post something similar to that. The more loyal fans, the better. Idiodict posts on here can rub off onto the home field. You see what Jake was forced to do.... And now nobody looks at the denver broncos as an elite team anymore because of it. Hell this topic should be sticky.

Comment

A little balance, maybe?

Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
        Before I was a member here, last year during the season, I viewed the forums.

It seemed like a great place here, and I was very excited to join.
        There was one thing that bothered me though. It seemed after every game, no matter the outcome, there were always people complaining about something.
        If you're a Broncos fan, and you are here because of that, then you should cheer for your team.

Of course there will be frustration if we're 0-4 or something, or if we've lost 5 in a row, but as soon as we lose two games, it always gets to (or from what I've seen) something like "I told you Shannahan needs to go" or "Plummer's really ruining the team."

You base a few moments on your entire perspective of a player.

Think of what Mike Shannahan has brought to us in the past. It wasn't entirely the Running backs, or Elway. It's a TEAM sport, EVERYONE plays a role in it.

Jake Plummer has potential, and while I can see why people don't like him, you honestly have to give him a couple years to get used to the system.

So whether we start off 4-0, or 0-4, or anywhere in between, or whether you are a Broncos fan, or a Raiders fan, whether you are a new member or an old member, try to keep the confidence up a little bit this year. There's nothing like going onto a Broncos Message board to see a bunch of broncos fans complaining about every little thing of the broncos.

Can we have a good season this year, AND have all the members of the forum (try) to get a long, and root for the team we love, the broncos
        WOW! What a board we would have if eveyone just jumped up and down and talked about how rosy and peachy everything is in Broncoland! Let's all learn the cartwheel together!

Whether the Broncos win or not, there were mistakes made by both players and coaches. Everything did not go right, for which reasons always exist. It not only is okay to discuss the ups and downs of the game, the team, and the coaching staff, it should be that way.

Of course, there will be those who get carried away with their negativity, but that should not be a reason to try to stifle those who have sincere criticisms. And the notion that this board spills out onto the field is silly. What do they care what a bunch of naysayers and boobirds say in here?

IMHO.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
          Whether the Broncos win or not, there were mistakes made by both players and coaches. Everything did not go right, for which reasons always exist. It not only is okay to discuss the ups and downs of the game, the team, and the coaching staff, it should be that way.

-----
          Exactly...that is why this place is so much more fun during the season; debates, opinions, discussions, arguements, anger...hate...denial...

whoa got a little carried away there.

Consider January thru August pre season for posters. Work on delivery, honing your typing skills, the snappy retort...

god i love this game...
          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

WOW! What a board we would have if eveyone just jumped up and down and talked about how rosy and peachy everything is in Broncoland! Let's all learn the cartwheel together!

Of course, there will be those who get carried away with their negativity, but that should not be a reason to try to stifle those who have sincere criticisms. And the notion that this board spills out onto the field is silly. What do they care what a bunch of naysayers and boobirds say in here?

IMHO.

-----
            I agree, I'm not saying we should all agree on everything though, I just don't want it to get to out of hand to the point where every member on here will complain every week...
            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I agree, I'm not saying we should all agree on everything though, I just don't want it to get to out of hand to the point where every member on here will complain every week...
              Well, we do have a few boobirds and naysayers, and it does tend to get old around them, doesn't it?

-----

Comment

Why is that as soon as someone makes a critical remark concerning the team they choose to follow their loyalty to said team is questioned?

In this case it wasnt worded directly but it oozes "your not a fan if you have opinions that arent orange colored".

Comment

You're right . . .

Originally posted by Krugan
                  Why is that as soon as someone makes a critical remark concerning the team they choose to follow their loyalty to said team is questioned?

In this case it wasnt worded directly but it oozes "your not a fan if you have opinions that arent orange colored".
                  I hate that, too. I really dislike name-calling, you know, "homer," "hater," "loser," "idiot." I have had some good, hard debates with some people here who have remained respectful and intelligent throughout. Seldom did we persuade each other, but we still ended it in respect and friendship. Why differences of opinion have to be confused with hostility is beyond me.

-----

Comment

And thats the way it should be Top.

It wouldnt be worth the bandwidth to have a site where everyone was all in agreement and nothing was questioned.

I admit I have my fare share of gripes about this team, but it hasnt caused me to remove my bronco bean bags, and multiple banners and blankets from my TV room.

Comment

Originally posted by Krugan
                      And thats the way it should be Top.

It wouldnt be worth the bandwidth to have a site where everyone was all in agreement and nothing was questioned.

I admit I have my fare share of gripes about this team, but it hasnt caused me to remove my bronco bean bags, and multiple banners and blankets from my TV room.

I think you misunderstood where I was going with this...

I meant it more like a "lets not go into war over a loss"

I agree that it shouldn't be a perfect board, because that would be boring, I just want this to be a fun season without the people that overdo it to overdo it to bad.
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I think you misunderstood where I was going with this...

I meant it more like a "lets not go into war over a loss"

I agree that it shouldn't be a perfect board, because that would be boring, I just want this to be a fun season without the people that overdo it to overdo it to bad.
                        Oh no, Tatum. I don't think either of us was alluding to you. In fact, I think we were expanding on your point more than anything.

-----

Comment

Oh no, Tatum. I don't think either of us was alluding to you. In fact, I think we were expanding on your point more than anything.

-----
                          Alright then
                          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Well, we do have a few boobirds and naysayers, and it does tend to get old around them, doesn't it?

-----
                            Yeah it sure does.

Comment

3 months till the season and go Cowboys!

Comment

Working...
                              X