Ron Dayne is #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Dayne is #1

Ron Dayne is the best Bronco this season. Shanny better give the Great Dayne an oppurtunity to win the starting RB spot. Dayne will easily total 1500 yards if he's starting.

Um, do you wish to give us some facts to show why he's the best and will get that many yards? Look at his career with the Giants.......

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I thought u were leaving moron
      sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
        Um, do you wish to give us some facts to show why he's the best and will get that many yards? Look at his career with the Giants.......
        The giants utilized him wrong. Dayne is not a short yardage back. The Broncos use a zone blocking sceme similar to the badgers where Dayne broke and still has the most NCAA rushing yards.

Comment

Originally posted by MajikMan7
          The giants utilized him wrong. Dayne is not a short yardage back. The Broncos use a zone blocking sceme similar to the badgers where Dayne broke and still has the most NCAA rushing yards.
          So true... Unfortunetly, you're still a spammer so leave.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
            So true... Unfortunetly, you're still a spammer so leave.
            Why can't everbody be so intelligent like me (kim jungill, Team America)

Comment

So you have rubbed some people the wrong way...if you want to have an intelligent football conversation stick around. If you are just looking for an arguement, stick around. If you are just going to add to the endless piles of drivel that fill this board during the off season, please leave, we have enough of that.

Ron Dayne could very well succeed in the Bronco's offense. If he comes to camp having tried to learn the offense, and in great shape, he could easily push for the #1 RB spot. I agree he was in the wrong offense in NY and this change could do him well. At the very least he will push TB to a higher level.
              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Well to me Dayne hasn't showed me hes great I think Bell MA Clarret and Q are all better than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod80Smith
                  Well to me Dayne hasn't showed me hes great I think Bell MA Clarret and Q are all better than him.

You really have nothing to back this statement up. Aside from MA the rest of the Broncos running backs are unproven.

Bell showed flashes of brilliance last year. He also has shown he may be injury prone. Q has proven that he may have potential but not really, also major injury. Clarrett has really, really proven nothing.

Dayne, playing in a lousy system, averaged 3.5 yds/carry over 3 seasons. Granted his stats are not stellar, but weighing him against who the Broncos have you cannot logically say that they are all better than him. One is and that is MA.
                  Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Ron Dayne will have just as much chance to win the starting job as the other veteran running backs on the team:

Nick Haegele; Kalispell, Mont.
                    If we already have Anderson, Griffin and Bell, why go out and get Ron Dayne, who has had a less than great career when, we know we have running backs that can get the job done?

Bobby Turner - Broncos RB coach
                    We're never complacent here, that's the bottom line. We're always looking to bring in players that are willing to play. The thing with Ron Dayne is he still has a desire to play the game. He has a burning desire to play the game and he's going to come in and compete. That's why he's here.

Josh Nikitow; Littleton, Colo.
                    Do you think Ron Dayne will thrive in our offense and if so, is it possible we will see a lot of action from him in the red zone this year?

Bobby Turner
                    I can't answer that question specifically for the red zone because we did not bring Ron Dayne in here for the red zone. We brought him in here to compete for the running back spot. We're looking for backs that can do everything. We didn't bring Ron Dayne in just as a role player or a spot player. He's competing along with the rest of those players for a spot on the team and the starting job and that right now is where my mindset is and where his mindset is. He's competing as a starter, just like the rest of them are and then we'll go from there.

Greg Kraich; Westminster, Colo.
                    Is it possible that Ron Dayne could start at fullback?

Bobby Turner
                    No, I do not see Ron Dayne as a fullback. Ron Dayne is a running back. We brought him in here to play halfback.

Patrick; Moore, Okla.
                    Who do you think will be starter for the Broncos this year and why?

Bobby Turner
                    Any one of them could be the starter. I want to get them to the point where it's tough for us to decide and at the end Coach Shanahan will make the decision.
                    Right now, I would guess that Ron Dayne would be 4th on the depth chart behind Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson and Q, but that can change and probably will change as training camp and the pre-season progresses. Some RB will play himself into a starting job, someone will play themselves off the roster.

Happens every year. After all, who would have predicted Ruben Droughns would start and rush for 1200 yards last year?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajikMan7
                      Dayne will easily total 1500 yards if he's starting.
                      I'm sure he will...

Comment

My thought is; the starting HB position is Tatum's to lose. I could see Dayne being utilized in short yardage situations or at fullback. I would love to see Shanny call some goal line plays with a Big FB and Dayne @ HB, running downhill. Let's see if the NFL can handle 500+ pounds rumbling their way!!!
                        "I don't like to make anyone feel left out, so I adopted all of our cheerleaders!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                          You really have nothing to back this statement up. Aside from MA the rest of the Broncos running backs are unproven.

Bell showed flashes of brilliance last year. He also has shown he may be injury prone. Q has proven that he may have potential but not really, also major injury. Clarrett has really, really proven nothing.

Dayne, playing in a lousy system, averaged 3.5 yds/carry over 3 seasons. Granted his stats are not stellar, but weighing him against who the Broncos have you cannot logically say that they are all better than him. One is and that is MA.
                          Well I'll back it up now Dayne is an older player and so is MA but MA knows the system better and he is more powerful. Q will be good on passing plays and especially screens Dayne isn't fast enough so yeah. Bell well I don't have to explain him he's gonna be the closest thing to CP if not better. And clarret is this years project and I think he'll take MA's spot next year.

Comment

Well I'll back it up now Dayne is an older player and so is MA but MA knows the system better and he is more powerful. Q will be good on passing plays and especially screens Dayne isn't fast enough so yeah. Bell well I don't have to explain him he's gonna be the closest thing to CP if not better. And clarret is this years project and I think he'll take MA's spot next year.
                            When you talk about Q, Bell, and Clarrett you are merely speculating. There are very few stats to back you up. MA knows the system, but we need to see where he is after missing an entire season. Dayne, as you eluded to must learn the system, but has put up decent numbers in a lousy system, and is not that old. You really are only backing up what you said with more of "I think so and so is better", no facts young man.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Dayne isn't very old and doesn't have much wear on his body. I need to set this staight, Dayne is in no way a short yardage back. For him to be effective he needs to get around 20 carries a game. If he's used as a shortyardade back here he is going to fail just as he did in New York. Dayne needs room to pick up speed and once he's at full speed he's a handle full to get down. As he showed in his day at Wisconsin.

Comment

Working...
                              X