No announcement yet.

Elam or Vinatieri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good question... probably couldn't go wrong with either one, but I did say Elam.

Maybe it's the homer bias, but here's my objective reasoning nonetheless...

20-29 essentially even
    Elam's 30-39 edge cancels out Viniteri's 40-49 edge
    Elam's nearly 10% more accurate than Adam at 50+.... that takes it for me.
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
      The only knock that could be made on Elam is that he has played his whole career in the thin air in Denver. But I don't think you could go wrong with either one of them. Both have a shot at the HOF.
      I think he was playing in Jacksonville when he set the record for longest (Well Tied, but he really did beat it because of the difference in the standards for the times) I know it was against the Jags, but I can't remember who was at home.

Percentages are a little miss leading unless you have the number of attemps. I can get 100% at 50 yards if I only had to kick one time all season.

They are both great kickers. I would take Elam because I have watched him for so many years, but Vinny is still a great kicker to have.
      "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
        Uh . . . . well, it's nice that you finally decided on Elam--although I said earlier that there wasn't much to choose from between the two.

Nonetheless, I am curious as to the specific games Elam has lost for us. I can remember one where he missed a kick (but not the opponent), but I am really trying to recall the "few."

-----

Wasn't there one against the Raiders in the snow where we had a chance to win?

I could be mistaken, though.
        sigpic
        They're your teammates, now.
        Best of luck, TT!
        ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Well right now its Vinaterri but I would say Elam will have a better career, in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
            I think he was playing in Jacksonville when he set the record for longest (Well Tied, but he really did beat it because of the difference in the standards for the times) I know it was against the Jags, but I can't remember who was at home.

Percentages are a little miss leading unless you have the number of attemps. I can get 100% at 50 yards if I only had to kick one time all season.

They are both great kickers. I would take Elam because I have watched him for so many years, but Vinny is still a great kicker to have.
            It was in Denver.

Originally posted by MtRushmore
            But Adam graduated from my High School/College, so there's a smidgeon of homerism there, also.
            I forget, Central or Stevens?
            Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk
              Wasn't there one against the Raiders in the snow where we had a chance to win?

I could be mistaken, though.
              That game was a disaster. Though he also came through against the Panthers.

I bet as Adam ages he will start having issues and miss some game winning kicks.
              "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
                It was in Denver.
                I forget, Central or Stevens?

RCC/SDSU

Gotta love her
                Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                .... i wanted to offend nobody besides rushmore.
                Originally Posted by Alastor
                ......Intelligence isn't anything on wisdom or character

Comment

6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

No discernable difference.

Elam had more range at one time, I am not sure if he could hit a 63 yarder now.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

Of just those two I would choose Vinatieri.

That is because I prefer more accurate kickers than kickers with strong legs. I want a kicker that I know will make most kicks. Not a kicker than I will send out in near impossible situations: Example: A 58 yard kick to win the game. That's not something I want to end it on. Now if it was a 45 yard kick I'd feel much better.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

How many kicks did Vini miss last superbowl? Was it two?

Comment

Originally posted by MtRushmore
                        RCC/SDSU

I grew up in Spearfish and went to SDSM&T.

And I'd take Elam, btw.
                        Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Working...
                        X