a fact on dayne that will surprise you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a fact on dayne that will surprise you

dayne played in 62 games for the giants and of all those games he was totally featured in 3 of them,,,,[ tiki was hurt ] ,,, the stats in those 3 games were,,,,

58 atts 337 yds 3 tds w.an impressive 5.35 yds per carry,now the term featured is underestimated as far as being an advantage for any rb. when a rb is featured the defense cant constantlly key on him because the back is in on most downs,,,,,in daynes case for the most part he was used sporaticly as well as predicatbly and imo thats the main reason he didnt do as well as he could have in n.y. and dont forget what dayne did last preseason and the speed he showed,,,,dayne has deceptive speed and is dominating when he hits the 2 nd level,,,half of dayne yds in college were AFTER CONTACT !

thats not bad, but like every one else he still has to win his playing time and there is some great competition this year.
    BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
    IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

nice point...however there is already a ron dayne thread.

mods please merge.
      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by daynewillreign
        dayne played in 62 games for the giants and of all those games he was totally featured in 3 of them,,,,[ tiki was hurt ] ,,, the stats in those 3 games were,,,,

58 atts 337 yds 3 tds w.an impressive 5.35 yds per carry,now the term featured is underestimated as far as being an advantage for any rb. when a rb is featured the defense cant constantlly key on him because the back is in on most downs,,,,,in daynes case for the most part he was used sporaticly as well as predicatbly and imo thats the main reason he didnt do as well as he could have in n.y. and dont forget what dayne did last preseason and the speed he showed,,,,dayne has deceptive speed and is dominating when he hits the 2 nd level,,,half of dayne yds in college were AFTER CONTACT !
        Welcome to the boards!

Yes, those are impressive stats at the pro level. (No one really cares now what he did in college. It's too long ago.) Denver's style of downhill running requires a back who is not afraid of hitting and getting hit. I sincerely hope Dayne shuts my mouth and proves me wrong in my assertion that he avoids contact. If he does, he will help to make the Broncos a stronger team.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
          nice point...however there is already a ron dayne thread.

mods please merge.
          I second that.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
            Welcome to the boards!

Yes, those are impressive stats at the pro level. (No one really cares now what he did in college. It's too long ago.) Denver's style of downhill running requires a back who is not afraid of hitting and getting hit. I sincerely hope Dayne shuts my mouth and proves me wrong in my assertion that he avoids contact. If he does, he will help to make the Broncos a stronger team.

-----
            dayne doesnt avoid contact the problem was the weak powerdriving oline ! so often dayne would have no hole and would end up hiting his linemen who would be driven back into the back field [ because of the predicatable play call . ] as well as the finesse nature of thier oline. what releey baffel s me is earnie accorsies decision to draft dayne yet never bring in a " power " oline which is what dayne played w/at wisconsen

Comment

I second that.

-----
              sorry but this being my first post i wanted to be on the " front page " howerver i will not do it again

Comment

dayne doesnt avoid contact the problem was the weak powerdriving oline ! so often dayne would have no hole and would end up hiting his linemen who would be driven back into the back field [ because of the predicatable play call . ] as well as the finesse nature of thier oline. what releey baffel s me is earnie accorsies decision to draft dayne yet never bring in a " power " oline which is what dayne played w/at wisconsen
                The Giants have had tons of bad luck with with injuries on the o-line over the last 4 or so years, that's part of the reason for such a crappy line he ran behind.

However, that crappy line hasn't stopped tiki barber from emerging as a premier back in the NFL.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

sorry but this being my first post i wanted to be on the " front page " howerver i will not do it again
                  Oh, I don't think this will result in an earthquake.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                    The Giants have had tons of bad luck with with injuries on the o-line over the last 4 or so years, that's part of the reason for such a crappy line he ran behind.

However, that crappy line hasn't stopped tiki barber from emerging as a premier back in the NFL.
                    believe me tikis great,,,,,however tikis a CUTBACK RUNNER daynes a ONE CUT runner and thats why tiki w/his great cutback ability could manage to find a secondary hole. also tiki scores a td every 36 touches,, dayne every 35 touches,
                    which surprised me when i reserched those #'s ,,,also tikis was the featured back all along where as dayne would be used sporatically thus never getting into a rythem,,,sorry for my poor spelling

Comment

believe me tikis great,,,,,however tikis a CUTBACK RUNNER daynes a ONE CUT runner and thats why tiki w/his great cutback ability could manage to find a secondary hole. also tiki scores a td every 36 touches,, dayne every 35 touches,
                      which surprised me when i reserched those #'s ,,,also tikis was the featured back all along where as dayne would be used sporatically thus never getting into a rythem,,,sorry for my poor spelling
                      Don't worry about your spelling.
                      No one else should be worried about it, either.

-----

Comment

Don't worry about your spelling.
                        No one else should be worried about it, either.

-----
                        thanx for the hospitality !

Comment

Whats with..

What is the deal with all these Ron Dayne threads the last couple days? I don't remember there being as many threads for Garrison Hurst last year when he signed.
                          2007 Season- Allllll Readddddy!!!!! #27

Comment

thanx for the hospitality !
                            It's your board much as it is mine!

-----

Comment

bumptidibump

Comment

Working...
                              X