No announcement yet.

a fact on dayne that will surprise you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the problem with your reasoning is that you are using "selected statistics" . . . .

" Well, he was only featured in three, so we will throw the rest out" . . .

the reason he was only featured in three is because he never stepped up to the plate . . . the Giants had no use for them, and the Broncos don't need him either, since they have the most crowded backfield in the league . . .

Comment

forgive our friend duane. He doesn't play well with others, sometimes. (j/k)

As for your stats, though, I'll have to slightly agree with him, only because, as a featured back, or even a secondary, they STILL have to perform.
      Notice how Denver's featured backs still have great stats?
      And even the backups will do well.

I don't have a problem with Dayne. Maybe this change of scenery will do him some good and revive his career. We just don't know.
      But I won't ever use a player's past performance, with another team, as a guide to how they will be with the Broncos.
      That would be too easy.

Gotta love her
      Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
      .... i wanted to offend nobody besides rushmore.
      Originally Posted by Alastor
      ......Intelligence isn't anything on wisdom or character

Comment

Originally posted by MtRushmore
        forgive our friend duane. He doesn't play well with others, sometimes. (j/k)

As for your stats, though, I'll have to slightly agree with him, only because, as a featured back, or even a secondary, they STILL have to perform.
        Notice how Denver's featured backs still have great stats?
        And even the backups will do well.

I don't have a problem with Dayne. Maybe this change of scenery will do him some good and revive his career. We just don't know.
        But I won't ever use a player's past performance, with another team, as a guide to how they will be with the Broncos.
        That would be too easy.

dayne didnt do as well because you have a quality oline that dominates the line of scrimage

yet the giants oline is more of a finnesse type w/no real domination at the point of attack so dayne being a one cut back he didnt fit the system.

the term " bad fit " was daynes problem,plus he was used " sporaticlly " and
        "perdictablelly " because the gaints playcalling has also been horrid.so many times during a game tiki would be getting all the atts.and here comes a 3 rd and short dayne would come running in and the anouncers would say " the d knows where its going " thats too prediatable !

Comment

Originally posted by duaneok66
          the problem with your reasoning is that you are using "selected statistics" . . . .

the reason he was only featured in three is because he never stepped up to the plate . . . the Giants had no use for them, and the Broncos don't need him either, since they have the most crowded backfield in the league . . .

no,the reason was tiki emerged as a great rb so dayne had to accept that.dayne was unlucky going to a team w/an emerging great rb,a lousey head coach [ fassel]
          a poor oline,and inept playcalling.

the selective stats were to show daynes performance when " featured " thus not in a predicatable situation. and warmed up,thus in the rythem.

Comment

Originally posted by duaneok66

There are no problems with his reasonings. Dayne needs 20 to 30 carries a game to be effective.

Comment

Originally posted by MajikMan7
              There are no problems with his reasonings. Dayne needs 20 to 30 carries a game to be effective.
              all right we should start a local dayne fan club !

Comment

Originally posted by daynewillreign
                dayne didnt do as well because you have a quality oline that dominates the line of scrimage

yet the giants oline is more of a finnesse type w/no real domination at the point of attack so dayne being a one cut back he didnt fit the system.

the term " bad fit " was daynes problem,plus he was used " sporaticlly " and
                "perdictablelly " because the gaints playcalling has also been horrid.so many times during a game tiki would be getting all the atts.and here comes a 3 rd and short dayne would come running in and the anouncers would say " the d knows where its going " thats too prediatable !

Guess what?

That is what we do here, out of the frying pan into the frying pan.

What make you think he will improve in DEN?

Sound like my wife making the calls from the kitchen, because we also are/or have been pretty preDICtable.

Comment

It will have Pres and a Vice pres.

That is all, unless of course he getts lucky and then there won't be enough room on the bandwagon for the rest of the Hoomers.

Comment

Yeah. I think theres enough of us here to do that too.

Coming soon to dominate all defenses near you......Ron "the great" Dayne.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                      Guess what?

That is what we do here, out of the frying pan into the frying pan.

What make you think he will improve in DEN?

Sound like my wife making the calls from the kitchen, because we also are/or have been pretty preDICtable.
                      You can say what you want about Dayne, but from watching Giants games he sure didn't impress me, nor did he impress the Giants fans, who expected great things from Dayne coming out of college as the heisman trophy winner.

He never produced in NY. You can make excuses, sometimes they are justified. Perhaps Jim Fassel didn't utilize him right. After all Terrell Davis didn't do Squat at Georgia, was it his fault? Clearly the Georgia coach couldn't find his butt with both hands and squandered an NFL Hall of Fame level talent.

NFL coaches will generally give the player a fair chance. Not always though. Another example is Dan Reeves cutting Ed McCaffrey when he coached the Giants back in '94. The fans were not happy about that one (Ed had a similar reputation for toughness in NY that he had here and was a popular player there). Reeves later admitted that Ed was the only player he ever released who went on to play in the Pro Bowl, but what's he going to say at that point? "I was right! He does suck!"

But usually the its the player who is to blame in the NFL.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X