Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with Deltha?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I really don't know. One play you love him then the other you hate him. If the secondary coach can somehow get him to be consistiant, than keep him but I don't see that happing. At least hes not as bad as Ray Crocket.

    Comment


    • #17
      Deltha was in my eyes going to be the next stud on Defense, but he never panned out.

      I think we should play him until he breaks, for the rest of the season, then dump him if he does not show the skill and talent that he should be by this time in his career. I think he has just given up and does not care anymore, maybe Ray Rhodes destroyed him.
      Bettin the house on Denver this year!

      Comment


      • #18
        i hope they give deltha another shot ..... i think he is a huge talent .... but he is definately lacking some confidence ... but when he is on .... he is on! Why are we not getting any picks this year ?? the only ones i can think of is against cinci .... and that was gold's pick for a td ... are they not practicing int's at training ?

        Comment


        • #19
          YOU GUYS ARE ALL JACKASS' I HAVE WATCHED HIM PLAY FROM HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE AND NOW PROS. I HAVE SEEN SOME GREAT BRONCOS... HAVE BAD SEASONS ( SHARPE, ELWAY, MCAFFREY) SO DONT GO SAYIN YOU NEED TO TRADE UP FOR A GUY WORTH BETTER... WHERE ELSE ARE YOU GOING TO FIND A GUY THAT MADE PRO BOWL IN HIS FIRST YEAR. SET AN NFL RECORD... YES HE IS PLAYING TWO POSITIONS.. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME GIVE THE MAN A BREAK...

          Comment


          • #20
            Well...he lost his corner job...then all of a sudden, he loses his punt return duties...well...something has to give. As many punts that Deltha has fielded...how many has he returned?


            Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

            2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by souljuice9
              YOU GUYS ARE ALL JACKASS' I HAVE WATCHED HIM PLAY FROM HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE AND NOW PROS. I HAVE SEEN SOME GREAT BRONCOS... HAVE BAD SEASONS ( SHARPE, ELWAY, MCAFFREY) SO DONT GO SAYIN YOU NEED TO TRADE UP FOR A GUY WORTH BETTER... WHERE ELSE ARE YOU GOING TO FIND A GUY THAT MADE PRO BOWL IN HIS FIRST YEAR. SET AN NFL RECORD... YES HE IS PLAYING TWO POSITIONS.. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME GIVE THE MAN A BREAK...
              In the NFL, you must earn your keep every season. That's why starters can get cut the next season. No one cares what he did 2 years ago. Doesn't help win games now. The hard salary cap is a beautiful thing.

              He clearly either has lost confidence or lucked out his rookie year, because he his not playing well enough to justify starting or returning kicks/punts.

              Not our job to give him a break. Our job to cheer if he does well, and be honest and criticize when he plays poorly. We just do it for free, unlike coaches.

              BTW, no reason to make it personal by calling everyone a jackass.

              And for the record, if McCaffery isn't producing, which he isn't, he should be let go at season's end as well. Sharpe is still productive.
              Last edited by Jared; 11-03-2003, 07:20 AM.

              Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

              The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

              Comment


              • #22
                It's not Mccaffery's fault he is nursing a strain quad.

                I think he should be an effective receiver AFTER the bye. The Broncos need him. And once we get Jake rolling, hopefully he will get some touches.


                Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

                2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by CrazyAsian
                  It's not Mccaffery's fault he is nursing a strain quad.

                  I think he should be an effective receiver AFTER the bye. The Broncos need him. And once we get Jake rolling, hopefully he will get some touches.
                  You are right, but given his age and the salary cap, if you had to cut one of the following based on most bang for the future buck, who would it be:

                  McCaffery
                  Cole
                  O'Neal
                  What the hell, lets throw Lelie and Smith here

                  O'neal potentially may be gone based on performance. Of the rest that are left, Cole has been a disappointment, but may have some trade value. McCaffery is not lilely to have many takers on a trade, and his career is winding down.

                  So, if he comes back from injury and does not perform, all's fair. if he performs well, GREAT. The Broncos need all the help they can get.

                  My point was that the person I was responding to thought that I was holding O'Neal to a higher standard than any other player. My point is that I am not. Either perform or be replaced by someone who can.

                  Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                  The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Mike Shanahan once said Deltha had the best hands on the defensive team. I don't think that has changed... I really hope he can come back because we need some interceptions for our defense and he is the one that can give them to us...
                    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I'm sold to Kelly Herdon. The guy plays with heart and resiliant. He can also tackle.

                      Now...O'Neal's deal is that he doesn't tackle....who is he? Deion Sanders?

                      Until he return punts, kickoffs and make a big difference in the defense, then I would fear him. But now, he's cut-material. Get rid of him and keep Eddy for one more year. He already reconstruct his contract this year...I think he's not a salary victim.


                      Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

                      2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        i really dont think we should concentrate on drafting corners next year, i predict within 2 years we are going to lose most of the major players on offense, Ed mcaffrey-aged and banged up, rod smith-"the shiznit" but unfortunately getting old. shannon sharpe- probably retiring after this year or next. I think we need to balance out the d-line as far as money wise and save up dough so we can get a few crafty vet's in the secondary.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Jared
                          You are right, but given his age and the salary cap, if you had to cut one of the following based on most bang for the future buck, who would it be:

                          McCaffery
                          Cole
                          O'Neal
                          What the hell, lets throw Lelie and Smith here

                          O'neal potentially may be gone based on performance. Of the rest that are left, Cole has been a disappointment, but may have some trade value. McCaffery is not lilely to have many takers on a trade, and his career is winding down.

                          So, if he comes back from injury and does not perform, all's fair. if he performs well, GREAT. The Broncos need all the help they can get.

                          My point was that the person I was responding to thought that I was holding O'Neal to a higher standard than any other player. My point is that I am not. Either perform or be replaced by someone who can.
                          Actually, the Broncos might keep McCaffrey because of the salary cap. I think he's got 4 years left on his contract. If they cut him, his signing bonus will get accelerated into the next 1 or 2 seasons. If they can get him to lower his base salary and play at least good enough to be the 3rd receiver, the Broncos would be smarter to keep him on the team.

                          Deltha's Pro Bowl season was actually his second year with the Broncos. And 4 of his picks came in that one game vs. the Chiefs so he had 5 the rest of that season. And it's a definite bad sign when you're benched and your team in still in the playoff hunt like last year. And it's another bad sign that he was benched so early this year and the coaches don't even think enough of him to let him keep returning kicks.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Bust

                            You think O'Neal is a bust. You must not watch football or any of the games he has played in. He has more INTs. Then the rest of the Damn team combined! In his short time of playing. He has 16 INTs. in like 3-4 years of playing. The rest of the DB's can't catch.
                            Last edited by DavisMVP; 11-03-2003, 04:47 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Bust

                              Originally posted by DavisMVP
                              You think O'Neal is a bust. You must not watch football or any of the games he has played in. He has more INTs. Then the rest of the Damn team combined! In his short time of playing. He has 16 INTs. in like 3-4 years of playing.
                              INTs without tackling or cover skills are not worth it. I would rather have a corner totally shut down recievers every week, than gets INTS while giving up big plays.

                              Just my opinion.

                              Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                              The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                              You should check these guys out

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Big plays

                                Big plays are going to happen it is the NFL. The Broncos turn the ball over alot, so we need all the turnovers we can get. Our DB's have always gave up big plays, no matter who they were!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X