Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big plays

Originally posted by DavisMVP
    Big plays are going to happen it is the NFL. The Broncos turn the ball over alot, so we need all the turnovers we can get. Our DB's have always gave up big plays, no matter who they were!
    I respect your opinion, I just disagree.

I would point out to you that if the Broncos had better DB's. maybe they wouldn't give up so many big plays. I realize you can't totally eliminate them, but you can do your best to minimize.

And I would also say that relying on a big turnover to get the ball back is a dangerous way to try and win games.

I love lots of points, and the division is called the wild wild west for a reason, but with the exception of the Rams a few years ago, the trend for Super Bowl winners has been their good defenses. Not number 1 all the time, but good, sometimes great (Baltimore, Tampa). So I think that there are DB's who are less prone to give up big plays that the Broncos could look at. That's all. I mean, he has been benched, so clearly, the coaching staff feels he is not a quality starter either.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

DB's

I can respect that as-well our, DB's do need to pick up their level of play or be shipped out. Or the DB's coaching staff be changed. I think that is the real problem not the player's but the DB coaching.

Comment

Ok, I take back the waterboy comment and give him a pass for the week.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I am now a Deltha fan haha, I couldnt stand him before
          Friends dont let friends vote for Democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody
            I am now a Deltha fan haha, I couldnt stand him before

So, he gives up the winning TD pass, and you are all nicey-nice?

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
              So, he gives up the winning TD pass, and you are all nicey-nice?
              He didn't "give up" that touchdown pass. He didn't have the best coverage, but it was a good play by Givens.

Comment

Get rid of him!!

Except for the run back, he was again horrible!! Got burned several times by "average" receivers. And the free kick return, A JOKE!!!

Comment

The free kick definitely was one of the stupidest things I've seen in a while by any player on any team.

Comment

Cut him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by douceur
                      He didn't "give up" that touchdown pass. He didn't have the best coverage, but it was a good play by Givens.

since he ws the defender assigned to cover Givens, I would say that his allowing himsel to be turned around and playing in the wrong position means that HE bears some responsibility for the TD.

Yes, it was a great throw by Brady, but QB's can't throw to you if you are covered. THAT is my point.

And what was up with the free kick? I don't know if he is just dumb, can't focus on situations, or smokes too much wacky tobaccy, but this is yet another lapse of judgement by Mr. O'Neal that shows me that he is unable to play a consistent game.

Comment

You know my biggest problem with ONeal last night? His punt return for the TD. Dont get me wrong....great play...then at about the 15 he's high stepping and acting a fool. Thought he was going to break his arm patting himself on the back. Then he gives up the winning TD. Complete prima donna. Lets cut our losses and dump him.

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
                        Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
                        Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

Comment

Pointing the Finger

The problem is way more then O'Neal, Now people are just using him as a excuse for all the loses we have. The whole team and coaching staff need to take a good look at what is going on. And it's not all the player's fault.

Comment

Re: Pointing the Finger

And it's not all the player's fault.
                            I dont even have a response for this...

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
                            Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.

Comment

"TEAM"

Football is a team sport, One player does not lose the the game. Everyone must be held accountable. But only a football player would understand that.
                              Last edited by DavisMVP; 11-04-2003, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Re: "TEAM"

Right and players make plays. Coaches cant execute a game plan FOR them. I didnt see Shanahan chasing Branch down the field, or dropping a pass that would have converted a 3rd down.

But only a football player would understand that.
                                And Im not sure where youre going with this...

Comment

Working...
                                X