Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Slayer
    replied
    This CHEFS fan needs to take a hike...does anybody remember a block in the back that never got called in KC...Well I do you chicken #[email protected]&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• GoDenver
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    im just sayin that momentum thing is overrated. Losing a game one week ago doesnt affect the following week. Our offensive players were rested and didnt disappoint for the most part(except penalties), but it was the defense, who did NOT rest, that blew the game. so i dont think the fact that the offensive players sat the packer game out had anything to do with the loss at indy.
    cool, cool, cool.... opinion noted. penalties did hurt us man, thats for sure. in my opinion, i think peyton being on fire, regardless of what defense he played yesterday, put a big huge stop sign on our team. he put up way too many points, way too early and that forced us to abandon our run game. without our run game, we're just another team in the nfl. our run game got us where we are and them colts took it away from us in the first 15 minutes.
    in my opinion though lava... and you may not agree, i think momentum is a factor in every single football game, i wish we wouldnt have let green bay tear us apart last week. maybe im wrong, so be it... oh well, we'll give 'em hell next year! but hey.. when you non-Bronco fans see me still wearing my jerseys.. dont even try to talk sh*t... we bread to be loyal!

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by GoDenver
    sorry, i didnt know you were able to foresee who gets concussions and who doesnt before games even start. apparently your opinion's the most important thing on this website so go ahead and post, post away.
    im just sayin that momentum thing is overrated. Losing a game one week ago doesnt affect the following week. Our offensive players were rested and didnt disappoint for the most part(except penalties), but it was the defense, who did NOT rest, that blew the game. so i dont think the fact that the offensive players sat the packer game out had anything to do with the loss at indy.

Leave a comment:

• GoDenver
    replied
    sorry, i didnt know you were able to foresee who gets concussions and who doesnt before games even start. apparently your opinion's the most important thing on this website so go ahead and post, post away.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by GoDenver
    easy on your high horse there chef fans. in answer to the post though, no i dont think Dan threw the game. Dan's great on that line and had a really pumped up defense to deal with. maybe some calls were bad, they probably werent but he did what he had to to safe guard Jake, Clinton and the rest of the team on the offensive side of the ball.
    i dont think anyone "threw" the game, but our defense sure didnt play like the "number 1 ranked run defsnse in the nfl," and the "number 7 pass." we never should have layed down against green bay, i said that last Monday... if there's one thing thats a MUST NOT DO, its walk into the playoff's having lost all your momentum.
    if denver played the starters it would have been one of them to reciee the concussion. it was smart not to risk it. we didnt lose today because of the momentum change, nobody even remembered the packer game. our defense was in cover 2 and THATS why we were torched. just a dumb move by coyer to call cover 2 against the best WR in the league.

Leave a comment:

• GoDenver
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefsMang
    The Truth.
    easy on your high horse there chef fans. in answer to the post though, no i dont think Dan threw the game. Dan's great on that line and had a really pumped up defense to deal with. maybe some calls were bad, they probably werent but he did what he had to to safe guard Jake, Clinton and the rest of the team on the offensive side of the ball.
    i dont think anyone "threw" the game, but our defense sure didnt play like the "number 1 ranked run defsnse in the nfl," and the "number 7 pass." we never should have layed down against green bay, i said that last Monday... if there's one thing thats a MUST NOT DO, its walk into the playoff's having lost all your momentum.

Leave a comment:

• newguy
    replied
    Wasn't there a commercial with some referees where he says "Of course holding can be called on any play of any game. But, we chose to call it at this critical time just to pi$$ you off"? I think I paraprased it. but, it's pretty funny.

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied
    no conspiracy thoery here

I don't go by the belief that the refs can't dictate a game unless it's basketball, boxing or umpire's strike zone. obviously one of the defensive lineman for the colts put a bug in the refs ear that dan was holding and he got caught over and over again. defensive lineman are always complaing to the refs about illegality of the o-line's blocks so that's nothing new but i guess dan couldn't escape the holds. It's everywhere but after the personal foul i would have pull him out for a couple plays just to get his head straight because all of his penalties were on scoring drives.

Leave a comment:

• al_wilson_fan
    replied
    If holding can be called on every play, then shouldn't the referee's keep the holding calls somewhat balanced between the teams? I really question the timing on calls made in the NFL. It seems to kill momentum on drives or give a team unwarrented field position at the end of games. I don't want to make a conspiracy theory, but I do feel that officials should never dictate a ballgame.

Leave a comment:

• motarque
    replied
    Originally posted by Nixhex78
    Please don't group me with other fans! He was holding he got busted, he's been doing it all year. So has every other offensive linemen in the NFL. He was just getting owned so badly Sunday that his holding was obvious.
    ok, sorry. we hear it alot, especially from alot of KC fans. "Denver cheats, bla bla bla". it gets old real quick, especially after a season-ending pounding.

Leave a comment:

• orange_crush77
    replied
    Are you kidding?

This is not Pete Rose we're talking about here...this is Dan Neil. Of course he didn't "throw" the game. What a dumbass statement to make.

Why don't you ask every member of a team that has lost who's gotten a flag thrown on him if he "threw the game."

I'm sure Dan hates this loss more than we do....

Leave a comment:

• Nixhex78
    replied
    Originally posted by motarque
    man, you KC fans think that every broncos player MUST be doing something illegal. If we succeed at anything, it's almost always because we're cheating.

Please don't group me with other fans! He was holding he got busted, he's been doing it all year. So has every other offensive linemen in the NFL. He was just getting owned so badly Sunday that his holding was obvious.

Leave a comment:

• motarque
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    Dan Neil, he didnt keep us from 31 points! thats how much we would have needed to be even close.....ask the defense what they were gaining out of this embarrasing show.
    i agree... he kept us from getting 7, maybe 14 if we're lucky. But 7 points here and 7 points there creates a little momentum. You know just as well as I do that momentum rules in the NFL. One key play can almost ruin a half, and 4 key plays can help to ruin a game.

I agree, defense stunk, but those penalties that Neil had...unbelievable timing. It killed any momentum we had.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by motarque
    man, you KC fans think that every broncos player MUST be doing something illegal. If we succeed at anything, it's almost always because we're cheating.

During this game, I saw the the Colts do the same thing Neil was doing...the only thing is that Neil was doing it WAY more than the Colts. I think Neil had more penalty yards than the entire colts team. If he's been doing it all year, then they would have been calling it all year. I think he wasn't in football shape and had to cheat to get his performance to normal. He got caught, which he should have. He should have then pulled himself out or something. He was killing our drives. Should be 2nd and 3, instead 1st and 20.
    Dan Neil, he didnt keep us from 31 points! thats how much we would have needed to be even close.....ask the defense what they were gaining out of this embarrasing show.

Leave a comment:

• luvdembroncs
    replied
    Give me a break. The refs call on the chop block was appropriate, but the holding calls were iffy. That crap happens every down and should not have been called. I saw several plays where the Colts O-Line was doing the same stuff. Not saying that the refs blew the game (the Broncos did that), but if you call one you should call all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X