Cut #62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut #62

Not that he only had 45 yds in penalties, but to kill the O and force Plummer to throw is enough to get rid of him. So many 1st and 10s pushed to 1st and 20 and the Personal foul call was devastating. I think that those costly penalties allowed the Colt D to gain momentum and take the running game out of the game plan. By not being able to run, the time of possession control was nullified which really helped the Broncs win the first time. I know the finger pointing was ugly, but the slow O made the D pissed off. Next year the Broncs better draft great DBs and possibly get another receiver, OL, and TE if Sharpe really retires. Then they can go far and possibly win it all.
    Let it be settled in the playoffs and may the strong survive!

Quit slaggin on Dan Neil. I'll be the first to say he sucked yesterday, absolutely. So did a bunch of other guys (entire team). Dan Neil has been solid and reliable on a very solid and reliable offensive line since 1997. He has played, and played well in huge games, the Colts game for whatever reason he underachieved. If anybody that had one bad day got fired then I venture to say that all of us would have been unemployed on various occassions.

The Broncos blew it yesterday, Dan was another variable in a complex equation that equalled....Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.

Let it go.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: Cut #62

Originally posted by peyton4mvp2004
      Not that he only had 45 yds in penalties, but to kill the O and force Plummer to throw is enough to get rid of him. So many 1st and 10s pushed to 1st and 20 and the Personal foul call was devastating. I think that those costly penalties allowed the Colt D to gain momentum and take the running game out of the game plan. By not being able to run, the time of possession control was nullified which really helped the Broncs win the first time. I know the finger pointing was ugly, but the slow O made the D pissed off. Next year the Broncs better draft great DBs and possibly get another receiver, OL, and TE if Sharpe really retires. Then they can go far and possibly win it all.
      You never have a bad day at work, huh? You must special. Worry about your own team. Sorry if this comes off harsh, but Neil wasn't the reason the Broncs lost. Even if their offense was firing on all cylinders they still would have lost.
      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Just imagine if you got fired for one bad day at the office.

I seem to recall Mr. Elway having a few bad games (come to think of it, maybe the Broncos should have released him). But I think you have to take a player's entire body of work and not just pick out one game.

Of course, this doesn't explain why Greg Robinson is still the defensive coordinator in Kansas City and apparently will be again next year.
        Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Seriously dude, you aint even a Broncos fan, Dan Neil has been a stellar performer since day one......IMHO, he did have the worst game of his career, but it is no reason to release him......would you bag Peyton for his performance against the Broncos two weeks ago? Come one, show at least a little football sense.

Comment

hell yeah he has why would they cut anyone whose mastered the denver art of chop blocks?

Comment

Neil had been out for a number of games previously and he showed that he had not shaken off the rust. He had only come into practice around mid-week so I'm not surprised. He's usually VERY solid.
              sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Foster will be taking his spot next year...
                Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
                  Foster will be taking his spot next year...
                  Foster's a tackle and Shanny doesn't trust him. I don't think so.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muse
                    Foster's a tackle and Shanny doesn't trust him. I don't think so.
                    so then Foster is another shanny bust???
                    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
                      so then Foster is another shanny bust???
                      From what I've seen he's been rather good, but the official line is: Yes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Foster will replace Lepsis and will add some much needed size to our line. Not to mention protect Jake on his bootlegs. Al Wilson was a Shanny draft, was he a bust?
                        "I don't like to make anyone feel left out, so I adopted all of our cheerleaders!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by al_wilson_fan
                          Foster will replace Lepsis and will add some much needed size to our line. Not to mention protect Jake on his bootlegs. Al Wilson was a Shanny draft, was he a bust?
                          in one word NO...
                          Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

i thought denvers line was built on speed and mobility not size?

Comment

maybe Foster is mobile for his size
                              "I don't like to make anyone feel left out, so I adopted all of our cheerleaders!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X