Post- Elway era..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post- Elway era..

There was the question hanging over peyton mannings head, Will he ever win a playoff game? well we all got that answer & no i think there should be a question to hang over our broncos & that is when will they ever win a playoff game since elway's departure?? 5 years, 2 playoff appearances & 2 embarrasing losses, maybe we as bronco fans got spoiled or something but it's been 5 years & i think it's time to do something!
    sigpic

Re: Post- Elway era..

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
    There was the question hanging over peyton mannings head, Will he ever win a playoff game? well we all got that answer & no i think there should be a question to hang over our broncos & that is when will they ever win a playoff game since elway's departure?? 5 years, 2 playoff appearances & 2 embarrasing losses, maybe we as bronco fans got spoiled or something but it's been 5 years & i think it's time to do something!
    we should just stick with it and it will come, its not like we are a bad team with glaring weaknesses, shanahan put good players out there, they just havent put a playoff win together yet. manning took a while before he got his glory and it will soon come for us too. There is absolutely NO reason to panic, we are on the rise now we GOT there this year and next year we could win some. after that, who knows.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Could be worse, we could have the seahhawks drought in playoff wins.
      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
        Could be worse, we could have the seahhawks drought in playoff wins.
        yeah what's it been like 1984 for them?
        sigpic

Comment

20 other teams...

At least we made the playoffs, 20 other teams didn't even do that. All that junk about shanahan and elway is just that...junk. Shanahan coached to the best of his ability, but the players still have to go out and play.

Comment

I agree that it is not time to get rid of Shanahan. But how many years of playoff drought does winning back to back superbowls get you. If we go five more years without a playoff victory do you still not point the finger at the coach.
            I like Shanahan but at some point the head coach must be held accountable. Not yet, but sooner than later. Denver needs to get a playoff win next year(which I believe they will) or I believe Shanahan will either leave or be axed.
            "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkBronco
              I agree that it is not time to get rid of Shanahan. But how many years of playoff drought does winning back to back superbowls get you. If we go five more years without a playoff victory do you still not point the finger at the coach.
              I like Shanahan but at some point the head coach must be held accountable. Not yet, but sooner than later. Denver needs to get a playoff win next year(which I believe they will) or I believe Shanahan will either leave or be axed.
              i agree totally, & that is what i was gettin at in the 1st place, 5 years is a long time to wait but i believe it will happen for sure next year
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkBronco
                well i dont think its right to automatically look at the coach during every loss. I mean, just like i didnt think it was right for people to automatically look at peyton manning for the colts losses in the playoffs. its a team sport. If the coach is the dead give-away reason we are losing , then of course you get rid of him, but shanahan has been the first class guy he always was, even while he was winning superbowls. its not his fault. We been taking not injuries, but VERY KEY injuries every year. a new head coach wont stop that.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

i agree totally, & that is what i was gettin at in the 1st place, 5 years is a long time to wait but i believe it will happen for sure next year
                  I believe it will happen next year too, but even if it doesnt, and it isnt shanahan's fault, why fire shanahan? if there was a problem with shanahan, we would have seen it already, but we cant just say, "since we cant see you are doing anything wrong as a coach, we will see if you get a win in the playoffs, if so, you can stay, but if not, you're fired." Thats no way to judge a coach IMO.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                    I believe it will happen next year too, but even if it doesnt, and it isnt shanahan's fault, why fire shanahan? if there was a problem with shanahan, we would have seen it already, but we cant just say, "since we cant see you are doing anything wrong as a coach, we will see if you get a win in the playoffs, if so, you can stay, but if not, you're fired." Thats no way to judge a coach IMO.
                    i never said that if we don't win that would should fire shanny, maybe my quote was mis-interperted when i said we got to do something i meant win, win some postseason baby! i don't blame mike at all, in fact i believe that the players were the ones that didn't show up & on a side note to the game i felt that we did not run enough play-action plays
                    sigpic

Comment

i never said that if we don't win that would should fire shanny, maybe my quote was mis-interperted when i said we got to do something i meant win, win some postseason baby! i don't blame mike at all, in fact i believe that the players were the ones that didn't show up & on a side note to the game i felt that we did not run enough play-action plays
                      yeah i was hoping for a play action deep pass like last game, but it never happened.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I don't blame Mike either. I don't think he got dumber after beating Atlanta. But he had made some bad moves as a GM(along with some brilliant ones) that have hurt the team. It may not be right to blame him, but after awhile you have to make some sort of change if you don't reach the success your used too.

It will all take care of itself next year anyway and we won't have to talk about it anymore.
                        "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

the two times they went deep, it was INT. Ashley should have fought harder for the ball on the second one, those wee the only two times I saw them attempt to try the long ball.
                          The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                            the two times they went deep, it was INT. Ashley should have fought harder for the ball on the second one, those wee the only two times I saw them attempt to try the long ball.
                            yeah ashley better understand how good he can be week in and week out. He has some more maturing to do.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                            X