Treatment of BRONCOS fans in INDY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treatment of BRONCOS fans in INDY

Any one else go to the game? We were treated like crap, my wife was shoved, I was involve in two involantary scuffles(in self defense and in defense of my wife), a father and his two daughters were beat up and that was before halftime. I belevie they are as bad as Raiders fans. People we have a new team to hate!

i went to the december 21 colt-bronco game and we sat in the upper deck. we drove from huntsville, al to attend the game.

the fans i sat around were ok. a couple of drunks behind me were classless. but i didnt talk trash when the broncos won and i actually conversed w/ them after the game.

but when i went to use the bathroom before the game, i had a bunch of classless colt fans taunt me cuz i was wearing a portis jersey.

i just ignored them.

fans that taunt other teams fan for no reason are not true football fans. they are the ones that drink to much, yell, and think they know everything, when in fact they have no idea what is going on the field.

when i go to the local sports bar here to watch the games, (there are bunch of denver fans down here in alabama, most i met at the bar are transplanted Colorodians though), and i talk w/ the other fans from teams. i thinks its fun to share insights w; a packer fan, or charger fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ro_7
      i thinks its fun to share insights w; a packer fan, or charger fan.
      Thats cuz most Packer and Charger fans arent aholes. Indy doesnt even deserve a damn NFL Franchise.

I can guarantee that if any of you went to a Charger, Cardinal or Packer game, that non of this bullcrap would happen to you. Unless it was a Charger vs Raiders game.

Comment

the chargers have fans?

Comment

Re: Treatment of BRONCOS fans in INDY

Those type of people are everywhere. In week 4, I went to Baltimore to see the Chiefs. Granted, I was pretty decked out in Chiefs gear, but I was harrassed all day, had peanuts thrown at me, was cussed at constantly.

But it was all good, because the Chiefs got the win.

Originally posted by BIGWOOKIE
          Any one else go to the game? We were treated like crap, my wife was shoved, I was involve in two involantary scuffles(in self defense and in defense of my wife), a father and his two daughters were beat up and that was before halftime. I belevie they are as bad as Raiders fans. People we have a new team to hate!

Comment

Re: Re: Treatment of BRONCOS fans in INDY

My worst NFL experiences have been in Mile High. And as a Chiefs season ticket holder, the fans that have had the most trouble in Arrowhead this season has been the Bronco fans. That Denver game was on a different level this year, it reminded me of being in Denver as a Chiefs fan.

I was at the stupid colts dome a few years ago, and those people were totally harmless. It was like a tennis crowd, indoors, sober, and not really into the game.
            Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Treatment of BRONCOS fans in INDY

Originally posted by cheapseats
              My worst NFL experiences have been in Mile High. And as a Chiefs season ticket holder, the fans that have had the most trouble in Arrowhead this season has been the Bronco fans. That Denver game was on a different level this year, it reminded me of being in Denver as a Chiefs fan.

I was at the stupid colts dome a few years ago, and those people were totally harmless. It was like a tennis crowd, indoors, sober, and not really into the game.
              True, I'll have to agree, there Dome is nothing compared to any other stadium I've been too. Their atmosphere is harmless. They only fill 57,000 in that craphole, and half the time there is only 35,000 even in the seats after the 2nd half. The worst I've experienced is in Pittsburgh!
              [QUOTE]
              If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

The worst I have had was in Philly.....and Boston, bu tthat was a hockey game.

While I agree with Tahuya man that its not like these things don't happen in Denver, they do happen everywhere, Indy included. I would ask why he believes that it is not possible?

MY own personal experience is that Indy fans tend to be very polite. But then again, I don't wear my teams colors in enemy territory. Just because I don;t want the hassle of drunk idiots.

Pittsburgh was pretty rowdy too.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

I am a Colts season ticket holder and we certainly were more rowdy to the fans that showed up for the playoff game, although there were not very many. There we actually ZERO broncos fans in my section.

We have had issues with other teams attending our games and there was a concerted community effort to change that this year because we have that soft fan rap. I disagree that if you talk smack to an opposing teams fan in your stadium you are a bad fan. I don't want one fan from the other team in our stadium. And I do talk smack to them, but never rowdy and I don't drink (ever).

To the broncos fans that I saw, I said "Thanks for coming to Indy, now spend your money and go home crying"

Certainly not too rough, but who know in this politically correct world. I did see several fights though.
                  I fart in your general direction.

Comment

Did you believe the story about the old lady getting beaten up while at the Miami game at Foxboro this year? Sometime drunk people just do really horrible things. Still, beating up a guy and his daughters seems a little far fetched.
                    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty_hippy
                      I disagree that if you talk smack to an opposing teams fan in your stadium you are a bad fan.

To the broncos fans that I saw, I said "Thanks for coming to Indy, now spend your money and go home crying"

I personally believe the exact oppsosite of your first statement. I believe that if you do talk smack to an opposing team's fan, then yes, you are a bad fan. They just want to watch a game, like everyone else.

And goodness, why would you be so rude to people who are coming, not only for the game, but to see your city and spend money there? It could have been part of their vacation for all you know. You only make them not want to come back on business or for pleasure in the future.

And why the assumption that they would be crying?

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                        I personally believe the exact oppsosite of your first statement. I believe that if you do talk smack to an opposing team's fan, then yes, you are a bad fan. They just want to watch a game, like everyone else.

And goodness, why would you be so rude to people who are coming, not only for the game, but to see your city and spend money there? It could have been part of their vacation for all you know. You only make them not want to come back on business or for pleasure in the future.

And why the assumption that they would be crying?
                        I certainly do want people to come to the city and spend money and I say so, but that doesn't mean that I want them to enjoy the game. It is my preference that people make the trip in, stay in a hotel, go out to dinner and bars then watch their team get spanked. My reference to crying is more of the crying in your beer sort of crying for Droping a grand and seeing your team lose. I'm sure Denver fans can relate to my sentiments.
                        I fart in your general direction.

Comment

Re: Treatment of BRONCOS fans in INDY

Originally posted by BIGWOOKIE
                          a father and his two daughters were beat up
                          Yeah, that's believable.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty_hippy
                            Droping a grand and seeing your team lose. I'm sure Denver fans can relate to my sentiments.
                            Anyone who drops a grand to go to a football game should cry. Must be nice to have that kind of disposable income. I would be crying for joy. I guess I can't relate to your sentiments, which is why I am confused by them.
                            Last edited by Jared; 01-06-2004, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Treatment of BRONCOS fans in INDY

Originally posted by PatsR
                              In Boston we make sure all of our guests are properly treated. We ask only that you bring a bottle of lotion for a good ol' fashioned East Coast backrub. We take pride in our backrubs and we give special treatment to those with hairy chests! We love hairy bears up here.
                              One of the reasons why I never take business trips to Boston!
                              [QUOTE]
                              If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Working...
                              X