retain alex gibbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retain alex gibbs

Listen I just want to post one message to Mr. Shanahan. I think the most important move you will make this off season is to retain Mr. Alex Gibbs. It sounds as if he is ready to come back on a full-time basis. With all due respect he is the main reason you have two trophies and any respectable and knowledgeable bronco fan can see this. He is probably the greatest line coach ever to coach this game and you need him full time. Denison can move to the scouting squad as far as I am concerned. He was a pitiful special teams coach and even worse line coach.

Side note: special teams were awful again this year.

Re: retain alex gibbs

Originally posted by david renne
    Listen I just want to post one message to Mr. Shanahan. I think the most important move you will make this off season is to retain Mr. Alex Gibbs. It sounds as if he is ready to come back on a full-time basis. With all due respect he is the main reason you have two trophies and any respectable and knowledgeable bronco fan can see this. He is probably the greatest line coach ever to coach this game and you need him full time. Denison can move to the scouting squad as far as I am concerned. He was a pitiful special teams coach and even worse line coach.

Side note: special teams were awful again this year.
    I TOTALLY AGREE. I heard that if Gibbs doesn't get a full time position he could leave the Broncos. If shanny has a brain he must keep this guy!!!
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Denver Post is reporting that it looks like Gibbs won't be returning.

I agree, keep Gibbs and move Denison somewhere else. Hopefully Shanny comes to his senses.
      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Your point about special teams being horrible is absolutely bang on. Our return teams produced very little this year and our coverage teams showed some glaring inabilities to stop anyone, let alone someone like Hall. Elam is one of the elite place kickers in the game although I think once he got injured this season he was not the same. Give him the off season to get healthy and he'll be back in form in'04. I do feel that micah has to go, he performed below average as a punter and kickoff man, and on more than one occassion he screwed up the hold on a field goal attempt.

We need somebody who can teach proper special teams coverage and return technique, because from what I saw this year (luckily every game, thank you pay TV) our special teams are very week.
        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Gibbs should stay. Make it happen.

The only guy who was better was the late line coach of the 49ers, I think his name was McKittrick. Those undersized, athletic lines of the 80's and early 90's were the prototype for what Shanahan is trying to do in Denver. I figure that is where he got the idea from.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
          X