Nickel Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nickel Back?

Now with Middlebrooks possibly being traded, who is going to be our nickel back?

Do you think Roc is going to step up and redeem himself from last years Colts destruction?

Maybe Darrent Williams?

Jeff Shoate?

Foxworth?

Paymah?

Or will we sign a veteran corner(god willing) to step in and play nickel?

If we make this foolish trade, then I think Foxworth is the most NFL ready to step in and play out of the new guys. So, it's between he and Roc Alexander for starting nickel back duty *if* we do this trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
      If we make this foolish trade, then I think Foxworth is the most NFL ready to step in and play out of the new guys. So, it's between he and Roc Alexander for starting nickel back duty *if* we do this trade.
      What's so foolish about trading a 1st round bust that's coming off an injury for maybe a former Pro Bowler, if its Andre Carter their talking about? I don't understand that MUG.

Comment

Because last season, Middlebrooks played like a first round player. It took awhile, and a slew of injuries did not help, but he played lights out last season. There is a reason teams struggled to pass on us while he played, and then suddenly destroyed us when he was out injured. The coaches even claimed the loss of the Middlebrooks was "huge" in why we got owned by the Colts.

Also, Andre Carter is not part of the trade. Its John Engleberger if its a D-lineman. We cant afford Carter's contract, as pointed out by another poster in the other thread, and SF won't trade a player that Nolan has raved about. Anything is possible, but this strikes me as so unlikely, that I cant even foresee this trade being for Andre Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by West
          What's so foolish about trading a 1st round bust that's coming off an injury for maybe a former Pro Bowler, if its Andre Carter their talking about? I don't understand that MUG.
          I totally agree, now that he showing something and we can get a lil something for him, then why not. By the way I keep hearing that if Darrant Williams was a few inches taller he'd a been a top pick in the draft, so Im gonna go with him as our nickel back.

Comment

Combo

Now with Middlebrooks possibly being traded, who is going to be our nickel back?

Do you think Roc is going to step up and redeem himself from last years Colts destruction?

Maybe Darrent Williams?

Jeff Shoate?

Foxworth?

Paymah?

Or will we sign a veteran corner(god willing) to step in and play nickel?

The combo of Foxworth/D Williams will work just fine, IMO

But I don't want Engleberger...to me, he's useless to us...

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime
              By the way I keep hearing that if Darrant Williams was a few inches taller he'd a been a top pick in the draft, so Im gonna go with him as our nickel back.
              If that were true, then why was Adam 'Pac-Man' Jones the 6th pick? I'm not comparing talents, just height. Pac-Man is pushing 5'9

Comment

I believe Foxworth will be a good pick in that nickel spot

Foxworth would be great. Also Darrent Williams will get some time.
                Emancipate your mind!
                The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                  Foxworth would be great. Also Darrent Williams will get some time.
                  We all hope so.

FTR: it's good to see you posting again Emancipator, haven't seen you in a while.

Comment

Well I personally think Foxworth or Roc will be our NB I honestly don't think Darnet Williams will be because I think we signed him to return but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod80Smith
                      Well I personally think Foxworth or Roc will be our NB I honestly don't think Darnet Williams will be because I think we signed him to return but you never know.
                      Paymah > Foxworth and Alexander combined.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope it is D. Williams, I love this kid. He may be short but he has a great leap, good hands, good return skills(which we need), and he is tough. One year of some solid playing time, the next year he takes Walls job.

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                          And you when have you seen Foxworth and Paymah play in the NFL?

Comment

Well . . .

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                            That's not what Champ seems to think, and he has played there right beside Roc.

-----

Comment

And you when have you seen Foxworth and Paymah play in the NFL?
                              Well... Since we're talking about nickel corners, and it's most likely one of the rookies. I'm going by who had better skill in college.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X