Did You Know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Know?

Did you know that the Denver Broncos are going to be $2.5 million over the salary cap before next year even starts. Brian Griese counts a gut-wrenching $6.945 million next year! On top of that, Al Wilson, Ian Gold, Rueben Droughns, Ben Hamilton, Bert Berry and Reggie Hayward all need to be signed next year or they become free agents. Not to mention Clinton Portis still needs to re-structure his contract. How the HELL were we supposed to bring in a free agent shut down CB?
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

BTW Mccaffrey counts a dissappointing $4.5 million base salary against the cap also. Ephraim Salaam will make an extra $5 million if still on the roster March 15 and Matt Lepsis makes $3.4 million base salary next year.
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 01-06-2004, 02:54 PM.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

it sure does seem like we're way over salary at the end of every year. Portis is a gimme, we gotta do whatever it takes to keep him! but dang man, Berry, Gold, Wilson, Hamilton, Hayward and Droughns contract's are up? ruh roh! we better do whatever it takes to keep those guys too! hmm... maybe the nfl should just up our money. just ours though, noone else's! that doesnt sound too unreasonable does it?
      mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

Comment

Bad News for Steve Beuerlein

If Steve Beuerlein is cut the Broncos will save $1 million of that salary cap.

I think he is probably ready to retire anyway. But I think that the money combined with his performance will aid Mike Shannahan in his decisions.

I think the broncos will look to the draft for a young #2 quarterback. Either that or work it into a trade deal with their draft pick and the likes of Delta Oneil.

However I am blowing a lot of hot air - it is way too early to make any salary cap decisions, like Shannahan said they prefer to wait a while for the dust to settle.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDenver
          Portis is a gimme, we gotta do whatever it takes to keep him!
          I agree and I love Portis, I just hope that we don't wind up shafting Quentin Griffin in the process. He's fantastic too and I would hate to see him defect to another team some day because he was always #2 in Denver. If he played as #1 for another team, he would certainly get a lot more carries and be ranked as one of the best in the league.

Don't forget - the big WIN against the colts was a lot thanks to Quentin Griffin. Portis didn't play.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayt...n/1510617.html

Titans 16,4 million over :0

Comment

I expect Eddie Mac to restructure his contract. I'm sure some other will also. Also people will have to be let go they don't really want to leave.

Comment

We HAVE to get back Gold and Wilson which shanny aid he will do first. Portis situation is up in the air, he has 2 more years on his contract, but he fired his old agent and told his new agent that he better get him a contract worth a player with his skill. To be honest, Mike shouldnt give him a new contract yet until more room opens up. Berry and Hayward are starter material next year both could get over 10 sacks as starting ends.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

How would Sharpes and Eddie Mac's salaries count if they both retire?
                  Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                    How would Sharpes and Eddie Mac's salaries count if they both retire?
                    if eddie mac retires, i think he still gets his 4.5 million. Unless ed agrees to restucture eddie's contract, we should just cut him. i dont think sharpe would count anything

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

how much do you think Pat Bowlen gives these guys in a hush-hush manner?
                      Mind what you have learned, save you it can.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyVortex
                        how much do you think Pat Bowlen gives these guys in a hush-hush manner?
                        none

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Players who need to restucture their contracts due to lack of space are: McCaffrey ($5.475 million), Mobley ($5.15 million), Rod Smith ($5.65 million), Trevor Pryce ($7.816 million), Matt Lepsis ($6.1 million) Tom Nalen ($5.1 million). Thats assuming Ephrain Salaam gets released before march 15 to free up $5 million and put in George Foster at Left Tackle (doesnt seem like a bad draft choice now huh).

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

A couple of questions, I have NO knowledge of this whole salary cap BS, but I am sure that I will learn everything I need to know before the new season starts from my guys here......

1. Cant they restructure some of the contracts so they dont count against this year?

2. Why is greasy's salary still held against us (again my lack of knowledge about this issue) and if "something" were to say "happen" to Griese and he no longer "exsisted" would his salary still count (j/k)?

3. Can someone give me a quick breakdown of this salary cap thing....cause I know there are a few of you who just love to write, write, write, so here's your chance

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420

2. Why is greasy's salary still held against us (again my lack of knowledge about this issue) and if "something" were to say "happen" to Griese and he no longer "exsisted" would his salary still count (j/k)?
                              You're not planning anything rash to free up some cap room are you?
                              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X